WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• beckyobryan153
    beckyobryan153 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    Day 5 of my journey is here. I have a brutal 70 minute workout ahead of me today, then off to get blood work done. A few months ago my iron level was really low, so the Dr. wants to have it rechecked after being on a supplement for 3 months. She is also doing a Celiac panel because of my issues with the Elimination diet I was on. It didn't go well at all. Lanette, I have an RH like condition myself and I find that if I elevate my leg with a pillow under it that it takes the stress off my knee. Also, moist heat may do more to help the swelling than ice. Hope he feels better, soon. Well. gotta run. BBL.
  • sdjm62
    sdjm62 Posts: 72 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    :)<3 Welcome Friday! Make the most of it!
    Sue in Troutdale, OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Snow day today! lol There was a time, long, long ago, when those words would elicit a shout of joy from me and a whole day of playing in the snow, hot cocoa, cartoons on tv...owning a childcare home, there have been snow days where I would have all of my regular kids PLUS their older siblings for a circus of snow day fun. This year, I have two "teacher" families, two kids in each family, so those four kids will be staying home with their teacher-mommies. That leaves me with only two of my regular kids today. I may have my older school aged girl joining us, not sure yet. Either way, it will be a quieter day. I am almost positive the licensing consultant will not be here today. If I had her job, I would NOT be out driving on the roads today. Not in this area.
    Allie- I really admire you for trying to keep a "friendship" with Tom (after all of the crap he has pulled). That said, I can't help but think showing him the stocks and being open about your father's estate, with him, is a mistake. Not his business and I wouldn't put it past him to use this information against you. Sending you lots of love and support in all of your actions, however. A hard few months indeed. GEtting rid of Tom and losing your dad in this same period.
    Heather- You look fantastic and your outing sounds fun! Your grandkids are adorable, as always! Keeping your son and his family in my thoughts. I come from an "alcoholic" family; I had my bout with it when I was younger. I can't imagine having to steer clear of it while it is all around you in your workplace! Sending hugs <3
    Karen VA- That shot of Olivia in the doorway is beautiful! Everything looks so warm and comfy and looking at it, you can almost feel the softness of Olivia's skin. Her baby hands on the door jamb are just adorable! (I am a sucker for baby hands)
    Pip- I can't even tell you how much I LOVE that pic of Yogi with the tie on! His face just gets me every time! You HAVE to make it into a greeting card! Thinking of you and your pups made me wonder; why do we call you Pip?
    Becca-I love that photo of your car. I think you have posted it before?? Your car is cute, but the homes and the neighborhood behind it are fantastic!
    Katla-What state/time zone were you visiting? I keep forgetting you are from the NW! I keep putting you on the Eastern Seaboard with NYKaren and the rest!
    Beth- I am amazed at the advances the medical world has made in hearing aids and surgeries to help with hearing. At age four my daughter was diagnosed with a 60% hearing loss (which explained her delayed/ speech issues). We always thought she was just being naughty and not listening to us, so to find out she just couldn't hear us if her back was turned to us made us feel horrible. Anyway, through a few surgeries, her hearing was restored. It is not 100%, and now at age 29, she is finding it is diminishing a bit, but she showed me a photo of a hearing aid her doc showed her. It is like a small disc that sits behind her ear. Amazing! Sending hugs to you!

Well, just got a call that I will have a couple more kids today. I better get moving and get some breakfast ready for them! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

When Lenny was alive, his favorite book was Charles dickens and a character in there was pip. His email address was .....@yahoo.com. After he died, I kept his email but reversed the cd to dc (I couldn’t keep it so I modified it) and added ## at the end (how old he was when he died) so my email is
    @yahoo.com (changed it bk to cd). My given name is Isabel but I hate it, won’t answer to it, so people mostly call me Iz or Izzy, prefer iz

[edited by staff]
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was not a good day. I tweaked something in my back on Wed, so had a delayed pity party yesterday. Cookies were involved. Lots of cookies..... I saw my chiropractor, she says I've irritated the disc fibres. Not sure exactly what that means, only know it hurts. I am finding new and wonderful ways to pick stuff up off the floor, because bending over is totally out of the question! My quads are getting some good work in because of that! I know it will pass, but wow! I can't even take a nice deep breath without checking with my body to make sure that I'm standing still and in a good position. And even then, I breathe in slowly so as to make sure my body is still okay with it. Ugh. Oh and brushing my teeth and washing my face in the morning is also interesting as I can't bend over without supporting my upper body with my elbows on the sink edge. I know it's not a serious condition and that it will pass, but I also know that I need to pay attention to what I'm doing, what makes it hurt, what makes it feel better (not much at this point!) and try to incorporate this into my life on an ongoing basis. Needless to say, the gym has been put on hold and will be for a few more days yet. I may try some gentle cardio in a week or so. I have another chiro appointment next week so we shall see how things are at that point.
    I have been reading everything, hoping everyone that is having weather issues is staying safe and warm. Keeping those who have health issues or whose hubby's are dealing with health issues in my thoughts, hoping for positive outcomes. Also keeping those whose family members are having addiction issues in my thoughts, not an easy road for sure.
    Allie, does your brother have addiction issues? He sure seems to be blowing hot and cold. You just said a few days ago that dinner with them was pleasant and now he's flipping out at you again. While I agree that showing Tom your dad's stock stuff may not have been the best idea, (my opinion only) that is still no reason for him to be yelling at you and calling you stupid. And his wife has no business butting in to your dad's affairs. Or telling you how to handle your dad's affairs. Your brother needs to pull his head out of his *kitten* and either constructively help or get the he!! out of your way. Sorry, rant over. You seem like a really nice lady who has had some huge challenges thrown her way. You have been dealing with them with grace and patience and I wish that your brother would try to understand that you don't need his issues on top of what you've already been handed. {{{HUGS}}}
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Yesterday was not a good day. I tweaked something in my back on Wed, so had a delayed pity party yesterday. Cookies were involved. Lots of cookies..... I saw my chiropractor, she says I've irritated the disc fibres. Not sure exactly what that means, only know it hurts. I am finding new and wonderful ways to pick stuff up off the floor, because bending over is totally out of the question! My quads are getting some good work in because of that! I know it will pass, but wow! I can't even take a nice deep breath without checking with my body to make sure that I'm standing still and in a good position. And even then, I breathe in slowly so as to make sure my body is still okay with it. Ugh. Oh and brushing my teeth and washing my face in the morning is also interesting as I can't bend over without supporting my upper body with my elbows on the sink edge. I know it's not a serious condition and that it will pass, but I also know that I need to pay attention to what I'm doing, what makes it hurt, what makes it feel better (not much at this point!) and try to incorporate this into my life on an ongoing basis. Needless to say, the gym has been put on hold and will be for a few more days yet. I may try some gentle cardio in a week or so. I have another chiro appointment next week so we shall see how things are at that point.
    I have been reading everything, hoping everyone that is having weather issues is staying safe and warm. Keeping those who have health issues or whose hubby's are dealing with health issues in my thoughts, hoping for positive outcomes. Also keeping those whose family members are having addiction issues in my thoughts, not an easy road for sure.
    Allie, does your brother have addiction issues? He sure seems to be blowing hot and cold. You just said a few days ago that dinner with them was pleasant and now he's flipping out at you again. While I agree that showing Tom your dad's stock stuff may not have been the best idea, (my opinion only) that is still no reason for him to be yelling at you and calling you stupid. And his wife has no business butting in to your dad's affairs. Or telling you how to handle your dad's affairs. Your brother needs to pull his head out of his *kitten* and either constructively help or get the he!! out of your way. Sorry, rant over. You seem like a really nice lady who has had some huge challenges thrown her way. You have been dealing with them with grace and patience and I wish that your brother would try to understand that you don't need his issues on top of what you've already been handed. {{{HUGS}}}

OUCH! Take care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon.
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Katla, speaking of picking your own name…after my daughter was grown, I decided to get rid of my ex’s last name that I had taken. So I decided to go with my mother’s maiden name as I always like it and I could keep the same initials. I liked that I picked a new name for myself but still kept a family name. When I remarried, I wasn’t going to change my name once again as that would have been my 4th last name. I’ve never really liked my first name. It’s Terry and I’m not a Theresa. But I stuck with it.

Rita, good for you going for a walk to improve your mood. Glad DH decided to set up an appointment

Karen, It must be fun interacting with the little ones. I think it doesn’t matter if you are good at something or not. the idea is to enjoy yourself.

Felicia, WTG girl with the exercise. It is certainly understandable that your world was turned upside down for a little while after your sister died. I’m sure she would want you to carry on and get back on track. So your DH is changing jobs. Was he looking? When does it start?

Well that’s it for now. Going to finish my salad and then do some walking around the building.

Terry
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Karen UK - Small children and painting with watercolours! Sounds like the perfect life! :D
    Whenever I tried to do a bit of art my ex husband and teenage children would always scoff at my efforts. It put me off. I would like to get back at it and just do it for my own pleasure. Just splosh around.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Heather, I am very mediocre at it but, my daughters always praise my efforts!
    Xxx
  • beckyobryan153
    beckyobryan153 Posts: 32 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I didn't do my full workout today as after the first 15 minute segment my muscles were burning. I opted instead to take a brisk 30 minute walk. I also decided to buy some much needed workout wear. Now I'm ready for tomorrows workout which is 30 minutes of stretching/yoga. Decided to forego pork chops for dinner and went with pasta and light marinara. DH was all for the pasta, so that worked out well. Went to the lab and got my blood drawn. Now my arm is sore. I check in tomorrow. Have a great night.
    Becky
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options