• Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Glad you all enjoyed my bugging you... :p
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Michele - I don't have a treadmill, but my elliptical burns a lot of calories, more than my rower and recumbent bike. It's the only one that I can really get my heart rate up on.
    I do log my food, but I don't always enter the actual food - I use "copy yesterday" or "Quick Add Calories". I know the calorie count for nearly everything, but if it's something new I'll look it up on the database. Sometimes I just do Quick Add and lump lunch and snack together to save time and faffing about. Or I add up all my snacks and drinks in one go. I'm not tracking macros as I know my diet is very healthy and I'm only interested in the calories.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    I think it is time American's stop asking politicians "How many kids have to die in school shootings" and instead ask "Whose kids have to die in school shootings" in order to have some action taken for gun control. Obviously sheer numbers won't move our politicians. This is America, land of "who you know". Not that I wish any more school shootings, but how quickly would things get resolved if those politician's children and grandchildren were the among the students involved?! My heart is so hurt; but I am SO incredibly angry that this is still going on and NO action has been taken for gun control.

Spending the day with small innocent children, who in a couple of years will be going to school, where they will be having "shooter drills" on what to do if a shooter enters the school.

sorry if too political. It's all I've got in my head this morning. Turning the news off so that the kids don't see it. Sending love to you all. Especially you, Cheri, with friends and family still in the Parkland community! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

I was thinking something similar, KJ. Politicians keep saying, "We need to wait until we have finished our time of mourning before we discuss solutions," but at the rate these incidents are happening, we are in a constant state of mourning. :cry:

Felicia, who had to talk to my 17 year old on the way to school today about making sure he knew what to do in the case of an active shooter at school (They haven't actually practiced that drill!)
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Wendy, I read the bee stuff all the way through. Simply fascinating! I have to agree with Kelly, your "guest" is missing out on a great opportunity to learn something. I'm pretty sure it's not something I would like to do all the time, but it would be neat to see it done at least once. Thank you for sharing!
    In regards to massages, yes, dh usually had "ulterior" motives for giving me one, but I was okay with that. I did enjoy both phases! lol (where is that giff of that little devil?? lol) >:) Oh! found him!
    My heart breaks for all those who have lost loved ones in school shootings. And for those who have to talk to their kids about what to do in case of an active shooter in their school. That's just not something that kids should have to worry about.....
    Janetr, not offended here! I agree! (and it cracked me up too!)
    I have found that I can burn more calories on the elliptical than the treadmill, but that's partially because I can go faster on the elliptical. When I was running, it was pretty close, but the elliptical is much easier on the joints.
    My back is still hooped. Saw the chiro yesterday, then made the mistake of going for groceries. My back was screaming at me by the time we got home and I hadn't lifted anything, just the walking did me in. Took some Tylenol, sat with the ice pack, that did not help. After dinner I put the heating pad on and that helped a lot. Even sat on it for about 15 min this morning to loosen things up a bit.
    Oh, gotta go, work is calling.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Anyone here do Keto??

I love keto diet! Right now I am on maintenance and my body is very low fat probably under 20%. I am on a recomposition to gain muscle mass. Keto is responsible for my fat loss and my husbands 20 pounds of belly fat loss. When I eat I do mainly eat keto diet but no longer need to lose fat. It's an excellent diet as is low-carb. Karen gave you a great link to a site that I would also recommend. I also do intermittent fasting 19:5 which is a five hour window of eating. I love the kettle bell for a complete body and strength training work out.

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Glad you all enjoyed my bugging you... :p

Except I think it hopped off the screen that night while I was playing spider solitaire and jumped on my face :o
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Wendy: Thanks for all the info on making the Queens. I would hate to have to put on so many clothes to stay unbitten. It was interesting on the Dr. Oz show today as they were talking about "fake" honey being imported from China. An author about this said he would never buy honey unless it was certified to come from the country of origin. I hope you make lots of money on your business as I'm sure yours will be the very best.

Carol
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yvonne, thanks for the tip of City of Bees. I will be seeing if I can get it on audio.

Mary, I have had similar episodes feeling bug on head in bed, had a weta on me once. EEEEK! At least I found it and put it outside. I can't sleep in bed until stripped and de-bugged otherwise.
    lehkmanbazqe.jpg

<3 Wendy
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Allie good luck! I don’t really think you should concern yourself with being fair to Tom. Was he concerned with being fair to you when he had the affair? Take every penny you are entitled to plus a little more so you don’t have to struggle and stress over money.

I’m sorry things are just all around crappy for you right now!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Wendy, eerkkk!

Janet, no offense take here.

Slight bladder infection and now on antibiotics. Should be feeling better tomorrow. Didn’t get to sleep until 2 this morning so tired. Day all screwed up and did terrible with eating. I have to get back on track soon. Maybe I’ll feel better tomorrow and be able to think of something other than the bathroom!

Wore one my new sweaters today. This one was $9.99. What a deal.

Well off to pick up DH from work.

Hugs, Terry in VT where we are having a heat wave at 51F (11C)!
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Wendy: Thanks for all the info on making the Queens. I would hate to have to put on so many clothes to stay unbitten. It was interesting on the Dr. Oz show today as they were talking about "fake" honey being imported from China. An author about this said he would never buy honey unless it was certified to come from the country of origin. I hope you make lots of money on your business as I'm sure yours will be the very best.

Carol

Speaking of fake honey, my mother has "honey syrup," which I had never seen before. It's basically sugar syrup flavored like honey. I did not know what to think about that and lost quite a bit of respect for my mother's culinary choices. :neutral:

Felicia, who tries to buy local honey
    Willamette Valley, Oregon