WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    I am working at noontime, so I have laundry in washer and then walk the dogs and then go to police station with paperwork... . slept pretty well
  • ChristinefromHamilton
    ChristinefromHamilton Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I just saw this thread and love it! I can check in more later but for now, I am somewhat new to being in community so how do I do a post without clicking on quote (and deleting the quote)?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    To peeps
    It’s 24 out right now. Nice morning for a bike ride
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Sitting and waiting
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Done my run! Last one of Week 8. Next week is the final week when we run for 30 minutes and walk 5 either side.
    I was worried my phone didn't have enough battery left, but it was fine and I sang all the way round. Yes, that means I'm not running fast. :o But I did a little sprint at the end. :D
    Watch not arrived yet.
    Going to make the Spinach and Feta Pie for dinner with a green bean and tomato salad. Big slice of bread and butter for DH.

My editing went well this morning. I've now got to the bit I first wrote in pencil, then re-did on my tablet and then retyped, so it's a bit more coherent. :)

There's still a lot of diet/fitness programmes on TV at the moment, so I'm enjoying all those. Picked up one or two new moves. Last night there was a man who dropped 33 lbs in 90 days, got fit and shaved off his moustache and beard. I swear his own wife wouldn't recognise him. He looked 20 years younger!!!! Of course we all know that it's keeping it off that's the hard bit. Building sustainable habits is the only way.

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    morning ladies~
    I am working at noontime, so I have laundry in washer and then walk the dogs and then go to police station with paperwork... . slept pretty well

Police station???

Janetr OKC
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ I'm with you....Police Station?
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    Options
    Rye thanks! Yes a little gummy but I'll make the sacrifice to feed the gut biome. Wish there were some convincing evidence about reheating (toasting) baked bread ;)
    Lanette reheated pb cups? LOL! And pastries and beer and... Yesterday did SWSY first time in many years. Upper 2 sets 3# ea. next time up row and biceps to 5#, keep overhead press at 3#. Will star the day on our new Skye calendar. o:)
    Wendy thanks for the backstory, lucky kids to rehome ponies. ". . .wouldn't dream of leaving their own gates open. Men!" Grrr! Oh nooo, not the greenhouse! :cry:
    Karen in VA I'm jealous of your culinary options ;)
    Becca croc dots and sparkly made me snort my tea. Thanks! Beautiful Suki pic.
    Mary in AZ fat "lubricates... blood vessels" ? Really? Doubt I could ever keto or even low carb but that's food for thought ;)
    Janetr Gorgeous! Look out Faberge!
    Terry whew good news about DD.
    Michelle sounds like they'll need a magician to conjure up the gala financing. ;)
    Machka "English"? Really??? de gustibus... :laugh:
    Lisa "Fauxberge" brilliant! Likewise Heather Fabregg :)
    RunningMave oww! You must be in great shape to ditch the tailbone pane so quickly. I've bruised mine twice and the second one took a year to stop hurting.
    Sue in Troutdale, Despite living 20 years in Boise, ID, the worst black ice we ever hit was in the Columbia Gorge near you. When we finally got through we saw miles of big rigs pulled over alongside the highway, waiting for road conditions to improve. Safe travel/commute.
    NYKaren 10 miles yesterday and Spanish steps today? Impressive!
    Heather dance running, now sing-and-dance running? Somehow I hear Gene Kelly singing in the rain...
    pip 24 F? brr!
    Allie Police station/paperwork???

Oops, time to meditate, prep vegs for lunch, break fast and scoot to T'ai Chi.

Love y'all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hugs Rita!! Keep us in your pocket!! <3.
    Becca
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Barbara- healthy fats can help prevent Arteriorsclerosis the stiffening and hardening of blood vessels. My dad died from this.

https://draxe.com/arteriosclerosis/

Katla - that is so funny!

Just getting ready to go and do laundry then swing my Kettlebell. Another busy weekend coming up. Saturday we will be driving to Las Vegas to meet my son, daughter-in-law and adult grandchildren. It's so nice to live in Arizona because we are less than a half day away from many exciting locations. We found an excellent place for Shep while we are away. From 6:30 until seven he gets to socialize with dogs and people. We also get to view him on a video live stream cam. He was there last weekend while we were in Sacramento and I was watching him for about 10 minutes when I realized I was watching another dog :* I finally found him in a different section I'm glad that I had his bandanna on him. There were a couple other large German Shepherd's that looked very similar to him.

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    welcome jean so glad you found us! For me, I made small changes I could stick with, no junk food in the house, brush teeth after dinner and keep my hands busy (crafting or puzzling). I found I had to cut caffeine consumption early so I could all asleep easier, very key in stress reduction. Keep checking in, these wonderful wise ladies have tons of stories to share along with wisdom and support. NYKAREN