wtf am I wrong?

Options
123457»

Replies

• lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Wheird was dead on the money with his replies. No need to read any further.
  • Everend
    Everend Posts: 90
    Options
    What if *SHE* needs you to prove your manhood to HER?

No games

The cognitive dissonance! It... it burns...

IT BURNS! :sad:

I just spit my coffee all over my monitor!!! LoL!!!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I couldn't be in a relationship with the kind of meathead d-bag who finds it emasculating that his girlfriend stands up for herself. Seriously, wtf.
    I don't know that her boyfriend thought he was emasculated. But I do think he wanted to be the one to take action.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Not at all. No need to break someone face over something trivial.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    if i am with a girl at a bar and a guy comes and asks to buy her a drink, A-OK with me. if she accepts and chats him up, A-Ok with me. If she goes home with him, A-Ok with me. If she asks me to settle the tab, and give them a ride back home, NOT A-OK with me.

Unless she and i are in a serious monogamous relationship, she can do whatever the egg she wants.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    if i am with a girl at a bar and a guy comes and asks to buy her a drink, A-OK with me. if she accepts and chats him up, A-Ok with me. If she goes home with him, A-Ok with me. If she asks me to settle the tab, and give them a ride back home, NOT A-OK with me.

Unless she and i are in a serious monogamous relationship, she can do whatever the egg she wants.
    Self-ownership?! This is a concept that MFP is not ready for! :tongue:
  • chadderack
    Options

Post of the year.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

Oh! There you are! Women all around the world have been searching for you for years!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Late to the party but here's how I view this one, a guy hits on me (assuming I even notice it, I'm oblivious) I politely turn him away. If however, a guy lays hands on me, my husband is welcome to him after I'm done with him. I do however realize that I have to give my husband a shot at him, not because he feels the need to prove his masculinity, but because guys who think they can grab a woman without consequences cause him to seriously hulk out (he is irish after all...) I once saw him lay a guy out at a concert. He told him to quit trying to grope the chicks who were crowd surfing, and when the guy tried it again he just flat out decked him.

So basically, guy hits on me, I'll deal with it, guy gropes me, excellent relationship building/exercise opportunity. :happy:
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    blah blah blah

which is to an alpha male is really testing his manhood .

barf. grow up.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

- vtmoon, how are you and I not friends already?

I am well, and I have no clue, haha.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I would be amused at the guys attempts to hit on her.
    And disregard the guy.

Because -I- don't need to prove my manhood.

Date better quality men.

What if *SHE* needs you to prove your manhood to HER?
    hmmm?
    No games, but ALL women are going to stand up for themselves. Period. But it would be nice to have a man stand up and say.. "Look, lay off... shes with ME!"

What is WRONG with letting a man stand up for his woman? NOTHING. Just like there is nothing wrong with a woman standing up for her man. If you see a trifling hoe up on your man, SAY SOMETHING. If she was raised right, she will back up off your man. Period. Its all about the woman code.. you dont get up on someone elses man. Period.

And what i find funny is... a man is MORE willing to do this with a stranger. Why not do this with someone you KNOW? Its like my husband wil tell off a stranger in a minute! But if its someone we KNOW, and i tell him this person has made remarks to me & its made me uncomfortable.. hes just like.. "Eh, its okay. He doesnt mean anything by it." When the guy obviously DOES! And it pisses me off! Get it together guys! TELL THE MAN THE **** OFF IF YOUR WOMAN TELLS YOU SHE ISNT COMFORTABLE. PERIOD!

You are one classy broad.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i like girl handling it herself bit. :flowerforyou: that's what makes the most sense to me.

if i'm out with *my* man and *i* get approached, i'll shut it down and say nothing to my man unless he happens to see it, and then we might have a laugh. i'm not going to bring insignificant sh** to his attention in an attention-seeking way because he will knock a mofo out--and that's just what i understand about his personality, not anything i look for or encourage. you'd have to cheese me off really, really, really bad to make me WANT to tell my man what you did. like, cheese me off so bad i want to see you get smacked around. thankfully we've not yet had this problem--since i DON'T generally like seeing ppl get smacked around.

it's not that he's a hothead. it's not that he's a meathead. it's that he's "manly", he's a bit traditional (think chivalrous, not chauvinsist), and he's awfully, awfully fond of me. neither one of us is looking for drama, so it's a 'don't poke the bear' kind of thing.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    No you did the smart thing.

Girls Resolving Issues at the Bar:
    tumblr_m6500lXFFZ1r79nqko1_500.gif
    And it's done.

Guys Resolving Issues at the Bar:
    fe7696a8_Ataxx50e4c5160c877.jpeg
    Then,
    come-at-me-bro.gif

and because drinking is involved:
    1161296_o.gif
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    My husband has no problem with guys looking at me, but once it gets to full out staring he gets pissed. I have to BEG him not to say or do anything.

That being said I get "My woman, me strong" But acting like a caveman is not sexy. It's not emasculating it's mature not to step in. What would it accomplish besides getting into a fight, getting kicked out, getting thrown in jail, causing a scene and looking like a jealous *kitten*.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    acting like a caveman is not sexy. It's not emasculating it's mature not to step in. What would it accomplish besides getting into a fight, getting kicked out, getting thrown in jail, causing a scene and looking like a jealous *kitten*.

100% this. Other outcomes easily seen by googling manslaughter + bar fight + man. Most of the non-gang-related deaths that happen outside of bars are because of stupidity like that.

Dying in a bar fight, or going to prison for killing someone, is pretty delta.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Oh hell to the no...I'd rather shut him down myself...and he should thank me for it..because if I let my bf do it an ambulance would be involved. Another reason I don't go to the bar with my bf.

I think, OP, what you experienced is the other guy's emasculation....
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Alright, I started writing this story out but then it was becoming epic and no one wants to read that. Basically my question is to the boys: if your gf gets seriously hit on at a bar, she shuts the guy down, but then you think he's staring you down the rest of the night, did she emasculate you or otherwise worsen the situation by not letting you step in and "handle" it?

Why in Hell would she need you to step in in this situation. She was hit on. She wasn't into him, because she is into you. She handled it by herself like a big girl. The guy was enviuos/jealous of you. He may have been butt hurt because he thinks he is better than you, and gives you looks all night. How does that emasculate you? Her handling it herself was the right thing for her to do. She doesn't need a white knight to make her a complete human being.

The only time she might have needed you to step in, is if the guy continued to hit on her, and tried getting physical and overpowering her. Just be content you have a strong confident girlfriend, and enjoy the show.

edited because I apparently can't type straight today.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Alright, I started writing this story out but then it was becoming epic and no one wants to read that. Basically my question is to the boys: if your gf gets seriously hit on at a bar, she shuts the guy down, but then you think he's staring you down the rest of the night, did she emasculate you or otherwise worsen the situation by not letting you step in and "handle" it?

Why in Hell would she need you to step in in this situation. She was hit on. She wasn't into him, because she is into you. She handled it herself like a big girl. The guy was envoiuos/jealous of you. He may have been butt hurt because he thinks he is better than you, and gives you looks all night. How does that emasculate you? Her handling it herself was the right thing for her to do. She doesn't need a white knight to make her a complete human being.

The only time she might have needed you to step in, is if the guy continued to hit on her, and tried getting physical and overpowering her. Just be content you have a dtrong confident girlfriend, and enjoy the show.

*Licks your answer* Mmmm tasty
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    You wanna see this exact scenario unfold in a movie. Watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxG_UFog5Gs

from 500 Days of Summer. The girl in this movie was a jerk imo.