Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Allie & Janetr)))
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Oh JanetR, I am so sorry, you have a beautiful new granddaughter then you get this news. From my nursing days, I know the trouble she lives with the COPD and then she has the breast cancer. I hope you can find happiness everyday from that beautiful little girl. I can just imagine Mia and her new sister, they will be wonderful.

Evelyn,mi am so sorry about losing your cat. As a cat Mom, I know how you must feel.

I am so glad I made the decision to have a kitten with having my adult female cat. I just felt she was slowing down and needed a kitten to play with. Well, I didn't get the new kitten and adult cat to play but they do make a nice combination to be companions. They look vent lay together on my bed or the couch. But then there are the times when Melody will be just laying there. And Mozart goes over and does something to terrorize her. Melody is usually the one who leaves the cat fight but tonight Mozart was the one to leave. Maybe he was afraid of me yelling at him. He doesn't like when I point my finger at him. That is when I mean business!

Charlie still doesn't want to think about doing a will. I know it will cost money, I don't think he knows how much. My sister and I went with my Mom when she did her will and we were shocked at the cost. He found a 'do your own will' at Walmart or somewhere and he thinks that will work. Yes, I think it will work for some of it but when it comes to property such as a house, I don't think it will. But I think he is still dealing with his feelings about his sister's death and there are so many bad feelings there. I think us going to see our daughter and grand kids next week will help some. I think some of you have read of 'The Ark Encounter'. We are going to see that next Tuesday. He knows that I and our daughter have really wanted to go there. Plus since my brother works there, it will be half price. And my brother will be our own personal guide. But Charlie has so many issues in accepting anything Biblical. So he will have issues with the while thing. I know my daughter can help him with a lot and according to how much he verbalized it during the tour, my brother all help. I just don't want my daughter and my brother to be to heavy on him. I guess I need to let them know in advance.

You all know I am just infatuated about my two grand daughters. And I just love my Ellie! I love Trinity also,mshe is a lovely, no beautiful 16 old and I am excited to see where she goes in life. But Ellie is just so outgoing and extroverted. Today was the school talent show. She is in the 5th grade. Last year she was a magician and did real well. This year she was a ventriloquist. Her Dad did a little bit of this when he was a boy and still has his doll. So Ellie used his doll. A lady came up to Christina after the show and told her how wonderful she thought did. She said that she thought Ellie was good enough that she could actually make it into show business. Now this is not what Ellie has voiced that she has wanted to do. She wants to go into something like engineering. But this lady had two tickets to see Jeff Dunham and really felt moved to give them to Ellie and a parent so that she could actually no see a professional ventriloquist in person and maybe see if she could see him in person. So Christina is already working on this and if so Ellie will bring her doll with her so she can perform for him. Of course if they get to see him back stage I am sure one of his dolls would be available. If dolls the right word? But I am really proud of my girl. She picked up archery this year and is best in her age group. If she keeps that up, she may be able to get a scholarship. I know the college that my daughter and SIL went to has an archery program. Trinity is touring it for a potential college and I a sure Ellie will to. One of the schools Trinity would like to tour is one of the colleges here, University of Evansvillle. It has a very well known drama department but it is extremely difficult to get into. I don't think she would have any difficulty getting into the musical department but not the drama. She wants to go into musical theatre. She has a pipe dream of Broadway but I think it is going to be a hard and long drop for her. She has never had any formal music lessons, can't play any musical instrument and has a nice voice for her age and has been in several musicals but it was when she was in 4th and 5th grade. Having the role of Mayze in the 4th grade just won't go far on a college application. But I love her so and want her to be happy in life. And oh, it would be so wonderful to have her right here in town for college. But Uof E is also a very expensive private college. So living here in town would not be that much of a draw when it is that expensive. She could live here if she wanted but we would have to set rules. And we have never had any history of setting rules with her since she has never stayed here since she was in the first grade for one week.

Becca, I am so happy for you. You must be just dancing all over. And this is close enough to your husbands doctors?

Mascha, I continue to pray for your husband. I also want blood absorbed from my stroke so I can get rid of my symptoms.

Love you all, Joyce, Indiana
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Changed password and thanks Trish for reminding me about Fitbit. Think I might open a new email account to use for these sites.

MACHKA lots of hugs, agree with HEATHER , might help to ask a friend

Kate UK <3
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Made it the Good Friday without blowing my calories :) I also found the Leslie Sansone walk at home and did that this afternoon.

MACHKA
    Sending prays from within OZ. There is always someone in the hospital that can help you, religious and non religious helpers are there to assist any way they can. You just need to let the nurse know your issues.

HEATHER
    It was only 3 turns around the deck on my last cruise. Where are you off to?

PENNY
    I have yet to experience snow - something on my bucket list. Where I live it is either very hot or just raining.

Trish from OZ
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka It's agony to be in limbo while your husband slowly heals. I'm so sorry. Ditto what others have said.

Penny Love the lace edging. And the fancy shovel.

KJ Yay! for grant money and new paint!

Joyce You can make a will without spending money. While it's better if you have a lawyer draw one up, you can download forms and make your own. It would be better than no will at all. Maybe if you found out how much it would cost to have a will made, Charlie would be more likely to get it done. I'm guessing about $400 in Indiana. Here is a link to forms:

https://eforms.com/wills/indiana-last-will-and-testament-template/

Karen in Virginia

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    <3Machka, <3