• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is Brutus Day!

'Ware the Ides of March! "Sometimes we know that those we call our friends are not, perhaps, the best of people. While we may adore them as our friend, their choices and actions as pertains to others we may not approve of. This is where Brutus found himself, a dear friend he could not counsel away from madness had to be put down for the good of the nation he ruled. It is this conundrum that casts questions on whether Brutus was hero, villain, martyr, or betrayer. Perhaps each in equal measure."

Kelly - Joaquin is such a handsome guy! Hope they had an awesome day yesterday.

Heather - Ooh, the cabbage bowls sound delicious. Going to print that recipe out for next week. Little Bea looks like a handful!

Vicki - It's nice to hear from you, even if just for a minute. Hang in there!

Barbie & Becca - Thank you for keeping us updated! I'm so relieved for you both. Wishing Jake and Lee fast, pain-free recoveries, and wishing their respective nurses plenty of rest.

Joyce - Glad to hear that you've had some relief from the pain. Does wearing a glove help with the cold sensitivity at all?

Drkatiebug - Great job resisting the pi... er... pie!

Rori - Oh, Glenwood Springs is SO pretty! Thank you for the coaster recommendation... I will definitely have to try that the next time I get up that way!

Penny - I don't think any of us get much benefit from Daylight Savings Time. Wish they'd just do away with it!

Suebdew - Oh, no, SIX HOURS in the dental chair!? That sounds like a nightmare! Glad you are able to rest today.

Now I'm going straight back to work. I want to finish early today so I can get in some yard work. Enjoy your day!

-Yvonne in TX
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Terry - yes, let us know how things work out at the on-site gym. Have you utilized it before? You probably said and danged if I can remember, lol.

Becca
    - now that Lee is stable, will you be able to leave him for longer periods of time and get your walks in? Sounds like the nurses and staff there can be trusted from what you've said in the past.

Katiebug - I wish we could afford to have all the floors in the house done, so we'll take it one room at a time. If whomever we choose to do the living room does a good job, we'll get them on target for the master bedroom. So many things here need repair or "freshening". I figure we'll only be here from 2 to 5 more years so our focus is just to make it more livable and safe for us. Our living room area is pretty big - around 450 square feet. When we have the guy come out to give us a quote, we'll have it figured for the vinyl, engineered hardwood, and laminate. I just wish I could close my eyes, snap my fingers, have it all finished and write them a check. B)

Rori - glad you and your DH had a great time! Any more outings planned in the near future? You are a wild woman taking on that alpine coaster. I might be persuaded to try it if I didn't have any food in my stomach, lol. Urp.

Penny - happy vernal equinox! Sounds like summer will be rushing in! Good to hear the end to your class is in sight.

Katla
    - I can't remember, do you still have your cleaning lady?

Machka - when the teleporter gets out of the shop, I want to zip over and walk with you on that beach. Last I heard they are waiting on a part from the international space station so don't hold your breath. :(;)

Yesterday at the Area Agency on Aging meeting, they handed out Aging Mastery Program (AMP) kits provided by the National Council on Aging (NCOA). We advisory council members are the beta testers for this in-home program which covers the six dimensions of Aging Well:

1. Gratitude and Mindfulness
    2. Health and Well-being
    3. Finances and Future Planning
    4. Connections and Community
    5. Creativity and Learning
    6. Legacy and Purpose

We are to pick an activity from each of the categories to focus on for the next 2 weeks and report back to them. There's a pretty comprehensive handbook covering all this. The kit included 2 exercise videos - one on stretching and one on beginning T'ai Chi. So this should be fun.

Looks like there are many senior centers in the US who have the Aging Mastery Programs as a group activity - I think participants have to pay for the class.

Have a great day!

Lanette
    Sunny and cool SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,679 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,790 Member
    Options
    Oh Beth that doesn't sound good at all.. ugghhh
    well the kid forgot her coat at school so have to stop there first and then to the Drs, she had motrin at school and feels a bit better..