WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Okie- Whoot! Congrats on your loss! Cheering over here!! B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,725 Member
    Options
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo Terry!

Okie
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Do any of you play Pogo Scrabble online? I am addicted to that game.

Carol in GA
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Machka, I'm glad you gave them some comments also! That kind of smacks of ageism! I'm happily working part-time in a job I really enjoy, but I didn't cut back, the place I had been working at closed down. I quite happily took a part time job, much less stress, not just because it's not full time, but the job in general is less stressful, so truly enjoying it.

Barbie, hope both you and Jake survived the trip home!

Becca, good to hear that Lee is taking some steps! Ice water and ice chips eh? Not sure how long I could sustaing that diet! lol Hope all continues to go well.

Kelly, pj day? Love it!

NYKaren, have to agree with Kelly, the young teachers probably are looking to you for your experience as much as you are looking to them for new strategies. And may I say, kudos to you for being interested in new strategies! A lot of folks who have been doing the same job for years will not change the way they do things "I've always done it this way". Can be annoying!

Day is going well, so far anyway. Food intake is under control, I went to the gym and dinner is planned. Just need to stop at the store to pick up a few things to enhance the dinner experience! lol
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island where it's still sunny and cool

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Machka, I work in Human Resources and a work survey like that has red flags written all over it. Please tell me the survey was given to all employees and not just 50+. Identifying employee ages is a no no here (and embarrassing for the employee). Good for you blasting them with a well worded response. I do agree with Lanette that they are looking long term and estimating turnover do to retirement. We do that where I work but we don’t send out surveys. Sheesh.

I'm in academics. We have people in their 70s here. We would never think of even implying they should think about retiring -- even if we privately wonder what their plan is.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • OregonMother
    Options
    Regarding age. One of my favorite poems, "that which we are, we are. . . . to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." Tennyson's "Ulysses" the last lines read by Helen Mirren.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=aJb_zJbJ7FI

Watch quickly before the link disappears (if it does -- I'm still not sure what is okay and not okay to post), but you can also just google Helen Mirren Stephen Colbert Ulysses.

Much love.
    Felicia, literature nerd
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • OregonMother
    Options
    I think I'm liking NOW I SEE ME - A father. A daughter. Innocence abused.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

I love that title.