WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Becca the house does sound lovely.

Joyce I agree it is great you can be supportive of Charlie in his loss of his sister.

:heart: Margaret
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    NYKAREN My taxes are done - well, all but filing them, which I will do in a couple of weeks. I was trying to help Barbara get started on hers. ;););)
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My husband is in an induced coma in Intensive Care...
    Prayers for your husband, for healing. For you, for strength. Love to you both.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My husband is in an induced coma in Intensive Care and has been for the past 48 hours or so. They're going to keep him in the induced coma for at least another 60 hours ... they keep pushing it out.

He had a fall at work, hit his head, and there was bleeding on the brain. His coworkers possibly saved his life by acting quickly with first aid. He was airlifted into town, and rushed into surgery. They had trouble getting ahold of me, and I got there just before they took him into surgery. They let me walk up with them, then told me to tell him I love him and good bye.

That was about 48 hours ago.

Fortunately the surgery went well. Basically they installed a monitor to keep an eye on the pressure in the brain. If the pressure had been a lot, they would have had to remove half his skull, but it fell within the normal range (although high normal), and so they've opted to install this monitor and put him into an induced coma for some time.

Yesterday they had him lightly sedated, and he was showing good movement on his left side, but less so on his right. Today they decided to put him into deep sedation. I just need to trust that the neurologists are doing the best they can for the best outcome.

They've warned me that there's a good chance his speech will be affected, and possibly also behaviour. I'm hoping that maybe because the pressure isn't too high the effects won't be too bad.

I've been spending long periods of time in the hospital, not eating (I've lost 2 kg in 3 days) and sleeping fitfully. I do come home each night, but it's just so sad here without him. I miss him so much.

The next month ... or more maybe? ... are going to be very uncertain.

Machka in Oz

my heart is with you