WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Saturday! I, for one, am thrilled that the weeks are speeding by, for me, right now. I think because I am always so tired and sore at the end of each day. I look forward to the weekend when I can ease up a bit. I got my grocery shopping done last night, also got my house cleaned while I waited for my last little one to be picked up (she stayed an hour after hours). SO...it is me and coffee for a while this morning. I put some chicken breasts in the crockpot last night, and they were perfect for shredding this morning! I will use some of it to make a meal for the inlaws, (we are visiting today). I also made a batch of Curried Butternut Squash and Pear soup when I got home with the groceries. I will take some of that to the inlaws, also. The only other thing I need to do today is get to Home Depot to pick up my sand, get my sandbox framed out and lined with heavy plastic and spread the sand. I might stop by the dollar store and pick up some pails and shovels. DYS is home today, so he offered to help me build and fill. The last couple of times I did this, it only took about 45 minutes to get it all set up. Eeeee! I am so excited! Tomorrow is a fast day for me, so I will have extra unused calories. I may just make myself a lemon drop and sit on my "beach" with a book for a while. Mini vacation in my kitchen.
    Ginger- I am so sorry for the loss of your brother! My heart is heavy for you and your feeling "adrift" or out of sorts. Know that we are here for you, to hold you up, lift you up. I know that feeling of emptiness; like you have nothing left in your "bucket" to give to anyone, much less yourself. Take time for you; but remember to come back and have your "bucket" filled. Love you dear friend! <3
    Barbie- Happy Birthday, dear Barbie! If you lived closer, you could come over and we could have a birthday beach party this weekend. I will put my toes in the sand, especially with you in mind.
    Heather- I am sure you know how proud we all are of you, your memoir, and how you recovered from the abusive relationship with your father. My heart goes out to you, however, with handling getting the book out and dealing with your sons feelings. I know they are adults, and they probably already know this; but people are complex and are able to show multiple "faces" to different people. Maybe if the boys know that you are happy that they had a good relationship with their grandfather; but that is not how it was for you and a few others. You aren't doing this to take anything away from them, but to help yourself heal an old wound. Sending comfort and hugs to you!
    Katie-Your bathroom is lovely! I love the colors. My bathroom is a chocolate brown. I love it, DH says it makes him think he is sitting in a giant "poop". (great visual, thanks). I hope to repaint this summer. Most likely going to go blue or a shade of white.
    Allie- OMG! Fingers crossed this is IT for the divorce from Tomcat! You just need this to be over. He and his attorney have dragged this out for FAR too long! Sending hugs!
    Michele- Omigoodness! Your girls and the misunderstandings! My kids get like that sometimes, too. Some times I am amazed at how our kids act like small children with each other and when they are with me. EXHAUSTING!!!
    Charlie Ann - A trick many of the ladies on here use for snacking is the "pound a day" bag. What you do is fill a bag with a pound of veggies. Then you incorporate it into meals/snacks throughout the day. It is handy to have already washed cut veg measured out and ready for munching. Hmmmm...I need to get back to that. You are doing great, by the way! Keep on!
    Trish- Welcome! WE are a chatty group; so yes, just jump in. Many of us only have time to skim everyday and most days give a hi or a few sentences. Impossible to reply to every one, but fun to try! Skimming is common practice by all of us.
    Carol- Expenses CAN be quite high for home daycare providers. I spent a LOT more when I was first starting. Now, I try to get used toys, equipment. I buy a lot of things (party deco, etc) that can be re used if stored and cared for properly. This party is actually pretty cheap. Sand is about $3 for a fifty pound bag, so I will be spending about $25 for the whole day. The sand will go into my backyard sandbox. I spend, on average, between $500-$1000 per year on art/craft supplies, new/used toys and books, curriculum based items, field trips and learning experiences, storage, etc. Providers also need to remember to save about 1/3 of their income to pay taxes at the end of the year! lol These are the things most people don't think of when they get into the business. It is not career you pursue if your objective is to make lots of money! I would say after expenses AND taxes my take home pay is about $25-30k. Home daycare will also DESTROY your home! (don't even get me started on that). BUT...it allowed me to be home with my kids when they were young, it allows me to be my own boss and set my own hours, rates, and vacation time. I have been very lucky in my "career life" with fantastic, involved and understanding families. REally very lucky and not many horror stories about bad family relationships.

Thanks all
    - for the kind words and thoughts in regards to the handling of my bossy and interfering daughter. lol She has always been this way, but this week she took it JUST a bit too far with me. I have to laugh, because my main goal in raising her was to raise a girl/woman who knew herself and her mind and could speak up for herself and put herself out there. Mission accomplished! Yea! She is, like my DH, a type A personality. While he is a pessimist and kind of an "Eyeore", she has that personality with an optimist and energetic spin. She reminds me of a good fairy on steroids. Heart in the right place, but sometimes gets caught up in the issue or mission and steam rolls over people. Oh well, love her to death; but am very thankful for DYS who is me in masculine form. He is an optimist, water off a ducks back type of kid. He is, in his normal state, quite lazy. Content to sit on the couch. As I am. It has only been marriage and children that has turned me into a person who is constantly in motion. Funny how life does that to you! So...I look at my son, who on his days off from school and work, sits on the couch relaxing, playing video games/watching movies. Yes, he is lazy; but I know he won't be that way forever. The time is coming when he and his spouse will be finding thing for him to do to keep him in constant motion.

Well, I think I have reached far past my word limit for the day! LOL! Love and hugs and encouragement to all who need/want it! I have had my two cups of coffee. Better get my breakfast in me and get that meal made and ready to go. ttfn xoxoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    Machka - so sorry to hear about your husband - very glad everyone moved swiftly! (((HUGS))) Prayers sent for both of you! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Machka- Just read your post! So sorry to hear about your husband's fall! So glad they seem to have him stabilized! The brain is an amazing thing, with it's power to help heal itself. Prayers/good thoughts and vibes sent to your hubby, his physicians, and to you dear friend! xoxoxo KJ
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Machka-((HUGS)) and prayers. We are on your shoulders with you from all around the world.
    Kylia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :'(<3Machka, I am sending hugs and healing wishes to you and your husband.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,266 Member
    Options
    Machka - Words fail me. What a terrible thing to happen. Sending love and hope for a good recovery. Please reach out to us any time you want. <3<3<3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Machka, loads of hugs. My heart goes out to you and your husband. Sending prayers of comfort for you and total healing for your rhusband. <3

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Barbie, happy birthday. You are an amazing woman and I strive to emulate you on this healthy lifestyle journey. You are truly an inspiration to many. Have a terrific day.

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    yo peeps
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Barbie!

Prayers, and hugs to all those going through difficult times. Remember- we are all here for you.

RV Rita in Columbus New Mexico
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    machka. Healing thoughts and strength to you and your husband <3

NYKAREN
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Machka: You are surrounded by warm thoughts and well wishes. We all hope for a quick and complete recovery for your DH.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Machka, so sorry about your husbands fall!!! Take moments here and there, and care for yourself. Trust in the doctors that are healing him. I can relate to the feeling of void, the feeling of numbness. That if you cry you might never get a handle on things. You have to be there for your self to be there for your husband. You have us in your back pocket always. Hugs friend.
    Becca
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Machka, so sorry to hear about your hubby's injury. Keeping you both in my thoughts and hoping for the best outcome. I too wish I could be there to do the mundane things that need to be done and that you understandably do not have time nor energy for. {{{HUGS}}}
    Becca, wonderful news about the house! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you actually get it! Don't know what the rental situation is like there, it's awful here. The vacancy rate is below 1% and anything that's actually affordable is most often kind of a dump! So happy that we were able to buy when we did, back when prices were reasonable!
    Barbie, Happy Birthday! How thoughtful of your line dancing group to do a party for you!
    Heather, I hope that your sons are both old enough (mentally) to realize that while their relationship with their granddad was wonderful, yours was not. In some ways, I feel your ddil could be right, that your ds isn't strong enough at this point to be able to handle it, but at the same time, it's not something that can be put off forever. He definitely needs to know before you publish it. {{HUGS}}
    Kelly, the sandbox sounds great! Please stick your toes in and think of me for a minute while you enjoy your beach in the kitchen!
    Lanette, "sitting around getting stoned and listening to Inna Gadda Da Vida for hours", so glad I wasn't drinking anything at that time, I have a feeling I'd still be cleaning up the keyboard!! lol
    Lisa, hope your travels are safe and uneventful!
    Nice sunshine here today, but it's only nice to look at! It's still quite cool out, must be something coming down from the polar ice cap! Yesterday my car said it was 8c outside, I didn't quite believe it! Oh well, in August I'll be complaining about how hot it is! lol
    Hope everyone has a great day/night!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • ladylaura777
    ladylaura777 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Machka - I am sending all the positive healing energy you will need to come through your storm! I am absolutely positive your husband is in good hands. It breaks my heart to watch families wait for the medical miracles. Close your eyes to feel all the warm love of everyone here, and there is a hearty amount nearby too. ❤️