Victoria's Secret Models: Sexy or too skinny?

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    They are specifically engineered by photoshop artists to be sexy.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Too skinny and the recent bunch seem to all have ruler /straight up & down bodies that they have to contort into weird shapes (CS in particular - that girl must have spine problems). It is this samey long, lean look with slim hips and a padded push up bra.

Would be nice to see a bit of variety.

Kate Upton is sexy but apparently 'too obvious' for VS (and I suspect VS don't really make bras for anyone over a C cup).
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I know I have an obsession with VS and I love Candice Swanepoel

images.jpg

But overall do you think they're sexy or too skinny?

Both! Not that it matters, Candice Swanepoel is South African by the way!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    They are highly photo shopped. Hard to tell.
    This! She doesn't have human proportions in this picture. Se is probably a beautiful woman but this picture is NOT what she looks like.

This was my first thought.

Unfortunately, anyone in the public eye will have photos of themselves, and they are ALL photoshopped to some extent.
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yea some are sexy
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    This! She doesn't have human proportions in this picture. Se is probably a beautiful woman but this picture is NOT what she looks like.

Definitely this.

I have seen the before and after pictures of some of the photo shoots for the swimwear, and the photo-shopping is over the top.

Some of the ladies look fantastic in their before photoshop pictures, but they are changed dramatically anyway. Others seriously are too skinny (IMHO) and they are filled out with the photoshop.

The pictures in those magazines are too unrealistic to even consider using as inspiration for a weight loss journey. Find those ladies without photoshop and use THOSE pictures, if that's that body size and lack of muscle look you are going for.
  • jaggerhawks
    jaggerhawks Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've had the pleasure of meeting Miranda Kerr in person.

She is just as beautiful in person. Now I can't say the same for all of them, but they probably are beautiful regardless of the needless photoshopping. That's why their paid a crap ton to do what they do.

It's just as bad to call someone too skinny as it is to call them too fat, in my book.
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options

She is just as beautiful in person. Now I can't say the same for all of them, but they probably are beautiful regardless of the needless photoshopping. That's why their paid a crap ton to do what they do.

It's just as bad to call someone too skinny as it is to call them too fat, in my book.

Yea ive seen her too man she basically owns the room she walks in such a head turner.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Yep!!

Don't get me wrong because I do know there is photoshopping done to these pictures, but I also think things have gotten to a point as society where whenever someone looks amazing, we scream out the word photoshopped! I think it is an easy tactic to make ourselves feel better about our own insecurities. I think it's easy to discredit the hard work they've put in by saying things like: "they're photoshopped" or "well, I could be that thin if I was rich and famous too!" They got hired for a reason. They are beautiful. I am not going to discredit their hard work and/or natural beauty. Sure it may be altered, but really, they are still beautiful women. Maybe not your personal definition of beauty, but they quite obviously appeal to the masses.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I love Victoria Secret models, because they look real! They must use either playmates or plus size models because of the simple fact they have boobs and curves. Regular super models are so skinny, and flat chested, they look like stick figures, and its not attractive!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I think they are sexy not to skinny at all.
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think they're very sexy, but I personally would love to see a couple without freakishly long torsos. It throws off the hourglass. They're still super pretty, though.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

This.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Not body bashing, im just saying, off season, be a size 10. lol

the Victoria Secret models? I don't think they get an off season.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    So does anyone else have a VS ad at the bottom of this thread?:laugh:
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Just checked out the website. Not too skinny but they all look the same, how boring.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I think they're very sexy, but I personally would love to see a couple without freakishly long torsos. It throws off the hourglass. They're still super pretty, though.
    [/quote

They look that good in what ever they are modeling because they have along torso and long legs. I don't think that an hourglass figure will look that good.

Models in general are tall, lean and with long torso. I never saw an hourglass figure doing the cat walk.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    So does anyone else have a VS ad at the bottom of this thread?:laugh:

No, I have an MGM ad on the bottom of my screen.