Victoria's Secret Models: Sexy or too skinny?

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    i just CAN'T find a natural looking picture of these victoria's secrets woman.

Too much photoshop so hard to tell if really sexy, but in the pictures i see i say too skinny for me

the Photoshop would take them in, not make them appear larger than they are. It generally cuts in areas they want to see more definition of their curves, i.e. their torsos and hips.
  • RubyRunner14
    RubyRunner14 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    The women themselves work out and eat cleanly in order to maintain their figure. Are they photoshopped? Probably, yeah. I don't like their body shapes, I find many of them have severe hips (IE got lower ribs removed), but that is not anyone's choice but the photoshoppers', so there's no reason to be unkind to the models for their bodies. With that said, I find them neither skinny nor sexy... sorry ladies.

Here's a link that shows what I'm talking about: http://www.signature9.com/style/the-gallery-of-victorias-secret-photoshop-failures
  • jaggerhawks
    jaggerhawks Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Also, there's only so much that photoshop can do-trust me, I've worked in the industry and have used the program for years now. Discrediting beauty because of a program that enhances rather than changes is silly. This applies to modeling in general, not just Victoria's secret, btw
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't discredit the models.

I discredit their graphic artists who might benefit from taking life drawing or human anatomy class.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Just checked out the website. Not too skinny but they all look the same, how boring.

How exactly do they look the same??

alessandra-ambrossio-gray-smoky-eye-makeup-h724.jpg
    s13-vday.jpg
    l-YKK0YFAnPoYBDRQa.jpg
    Doutzen-Kroes-Victorias-Secret-Fashion-Show-2012-backstage-2.jpg

Jelly much??
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    i just CAN'T find a natural looking picture of these victoria's secrets woman.

Too much photoshop so hard to tell if really sexy, but in the pictures i see i say too skinny for me

the Photoshop would take them in, not make them appear larger than they are. It generally cuts in areas they want to see more definition of their curves, i.e. their torsos and hips.

Wasn't talking about lenght or anything, but the fact that they are taken in on some areas make me find them too skinny, i like them curves a bit

I wasn't talking about length, either. I was saying they "remove" parts, i.e. will create a more defined silhouette, pronouncing the curves more.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    The last thing I'm going to do is judge another woman's body.

^Yep.

ETA: I don't feel comfortable saying that EVERY woman who models for Victoria's Secret is either too skinny or sexy. They're all different.
  • italian_bella_xo
    Options
    too skinny! imo. most have no curves what so ever. and their beauty is all behind the makeup.
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Brb they're skinny/fit, they only look good cuz photoshop
    Brb if they're plus sized, they're curvy and natural

Strong logic, just admit u are jelly. You think just because you can;t achieve something, others can't.
    I'm telling u that u can. Don;t put others down that are acheiving their goals or those that are taking steps in the right direction.

Yes mad
  • sub10orbust
    Options
    too skinny! imo. most have no curves what so ever. and their beauty is all behind the makeup.

cringe
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Most of them are hourglasses. They have small waists, large breasts and wide hips. They "have no curves what so ever (sic)"??

There is a difference between curves and rolls.

i think the VS models look great. I will never have their height, but I strive for their shape.
  • jaggerhawks
    jaggerhawks Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Screenshot2013-08-05at92735AM_zps1cc2f365.png

No makeup..still looks smoking to me
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Again, it's really not our place to judge other women. I personally find them all sexy and beautiful, but women of all heights, and measurements can be beautiful.
  • sub10orbust
    Options
    Again, it's really not our place to judge other women. I personally find them all sexy and beautiful, but women of all heights, and measurements can be beautiful.

i wanna be like you when i grow up
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Body shaming already? It's only Monday... MFP never ceases to amaze me.

They look pretty healthy to me.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Skinny and sexy. I saw some un-retouched photos of them where the abs they had were really impressive. It looks like they photoshop them to look a little less toned. The girls seem to take pretty good care of themselves, but probably do maintain pretty low cal.
  • italian_bella_xo
    Options

cringe

haha. :wink:
  • italian_bella_xo
    Options

i agree.. she looks beautiful!
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options

She's gorgeous!

There are some models out there that I think are really unattractive (probably chosen because they look "interesting," but I really do thing VS has beautiful models.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

i agree.. she looks beautiful!
    Let me help you, repeat after me, "Mea culpa."

And how about a nice serving of humble pie?