Beachbody Support Group 2018

Options

Replies

• Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Max out power today ...I still cant do all the push up moves and modify where needed. I enjoy the tabata concept workouts though.
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    aimeetu wrote: »

I just finished P90X3 and it was amazing. People would just marvel at how different I looked. Plus I feel pretty badass!!

I will definitely consider p90x3 next as I do want to incorporate weights.

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Speed & Agility" & "LIIFT4: Week 2 Day 2: Back/Biceps – LIIFT 50/50"=Done!
  • RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Beta Pyramid and P90 Ab Ripper B 🙂
  • sophia162
    sophia162 Posts: 115 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Speed & Agility" & "LIIFT4: Week 2 Day 2: Back/Biceps – LIIFT 50/50"=Done!

Hi, there.
    I have a question for you two, if I may...

I'm currently doing 80 Days Obsession for strength-training and T25 for cardio.

What mix do you recommend for when I finish?

I want to continue working out 2 times a day, because I'm just that crazy (and I can, right now, even though time is a liiiittle tight --I manage. Motivation's there, which is golden, haha).

For strength training I was thinking Liift4, or one of the three P90x's? (Or another...?)
    Which one is the most bang for your back from a sole "LIFTING/MUSCLE BUILDING-PRESERVING" point of view?

For cardio, I was thinking Insanity, Insanity Max 30? (Or another...?)
    Which one burns more calories and sheds da fat better?

Please and thank you! = )

Anybody else who can chime in also, it will be appreciated.

• RollTideHusker
    Options
    @sophia162 Unfortunately I haven’t tried most of the programs. I’ve done P90 and T25. Gamma T25 has more weight workouts. Beta is mostly cardio with some weights.
    I know Gam3rguy will be able to help more.
  • sophia162
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @sophia162 Unfortunately I haven’t tried most of the programs. I’ve done P90 and T25. Gamma T25 has more weight workouts. Beta is mostly cardio with some weights.

Haha don't worry, I value all inputs, because I know it's real, non-biased people.

My 80 Days Obsession journey has coincided with T25 Alpha and Beta.

However, this week I started the final cycle of 80 Days (woo hoo!), and while I should be starting Gamma next week, I think I'm going to skip it and go back to Alpha and Beta --for the very reason you mentioned: Gamma seems so strength focused, but I'm already getting that from 80 Days. I just want some good old cardio, to move me around and raise that heart rate.

(I'll throw Speed 3.0 in the Alpha Beta mix though, I'm looking forward to it.)

Afterwards though, I'd love to do two programs again: one for weights, one for cardio.

I'll wait to see what Gam3rguy has to say!

Thanks for the reply ")
  • OTFOMOgirl
    OTFOMOgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Started on lift4 this week.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: Upper Body Weight Training"=Done!
  • RollTideHusker
    Options
    I decided on Beta Upper Focus today. My legs and abs are sore from yesterday’s workout so why not make my arms sore, too. 😉

Keep going. You’ve got this!! 😎
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    sophia162 wrote: »

Hi, there.

I want to continue working out 2 times a day, because I'm just that crazy (and I can, right now, even though time is a liiiittle tight --I manage. Motivation's there, which is golden, haha).

For strength training I was thinking Liift4, or one of the three P90x's? (Or another...?)
    Which one is the most bang for your back from a sole "LIFTING/MUSCLE BUILDING-PRESERVING" point of view?

if you're going to double up, I wouldn't do P90X or X2. the "X's" are a good mix of everything. you'll probably be repeating moves or doubling up on body parts. for LIIFT4, I'd throw in some insanity or T25 for the extra cardio.

• gam3rguy
    Options

Haha don't worry, I value all inputs, because I know it's real, non-biased people.

However, this week I started the final cycle of 80 Days (woo hoo!), and while I should be starting Gamma next week, I think I'm going to skip it and go back to Alpha and Beta --for the very reason you mentioned: Gamma seems so strength focused, but I'm already getting that from 80 Days. I just want some good old cardio, to move me around and raise that heart rate.

Afterwards though, I'd love to do two programs again: one for weights, one for cardio.

Thanks for the reply ")

MAX 30! no weights at all. only 30 minutes (+cooldown). :)
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options

Hi, there.

if you're going to double up, I wouldn't do P90X or X2. the "X's" are a good mix of everything. you'll probably be repeating moves or doubling up on body parts. for LIIFT4, I'd throw in some insanity or T25 for the extra cardio.

This is my idea. Next week is peak week for me!
  • sophia162
    Options

Hi, there.

Thanks for the reply ")

MAX 30! no weights at all. only 30 minutes (+cooldown). :)

Great, thanks. Okay then, when I'm done with 80 Days and T25, I'm going to consider combining Liif4 with Insanity Max OR just doing one of the P90x's. I just want to preserve as much muscle as I can while doing cardio to help shed the last (stubbornnnn) pounds I have on me. Thanks for the reply!
  • Turefu
    Turefu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm on my second day of diet and struggle already. But I really want to loose a stone. Keep going everybody.
  • sophia162
    Options
    Turefu wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm on my second day of diet and struggle already. But I really want to loose a stone. Keep going everybody.

Hang in there!
    The first few days are always a struggle, because it's so easy to say "screw it" and go back to old ways.

But if you really focus on establishing a sensible deficit, then hitting that deficit with a combination of (hopefully) nutritious, fueling foods... with some room for goodies that you love (wine, cookies and chocolate in my case)... and maybe --if it interests and works for you-- adding some workouts... you will start seeing results! And those results are motivation, right there.

Then you'll enter a great zone, where you're actually happy to eat more mindfully and work out consistently. That lasted about 2-3 months, for me. THEN, after a while, it can become tiring, not gonna lie... but when that motivation's lacking, you rely on discipline until it comes back. And motivation does come back.

Good luck!
  • bbhe
    bbhe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting p90x tonight...wish me luck :smile:
  • Turefu
    Turefu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bbhe wrote: »
    I'm planning on starting p90x tonight...wish me luck :smile:

I wish you luck :) What is p90x? I'm newbee.
  • RollTideHusker
    Options
    Welcome everyone. 😃

@Turefu Just keep going every day. For me, it was hard at first, but now it’s just part of my day. You can do it!!
    P90x is a workout program from Tony Horton. I haven’t done any of the X programs (X, X2, X3) but I’ve heard they’re really good.
  • Sandysphat
    Sandysphat Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Love be this thread, I try to do T25, 5-6 days a week