Drink More Water, Lose More Weight? YES!

Options

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    dixiewhiskey And I think you're biased because you are her friend. Until she started nitpicking at things I posted in a not supportive way, I thought she was really inspiring. I can say whatever I want, it's my opinion to have :). I have more respect for someone who changes their life and doesn't use that as a reason to troll online forums making fun of others. You haven't seen her behaviour in the past so I don't think it's really fair to comment and say that I'm being overly sensitive. I've also seen you do the same **** that she has done too all because someone posted something in your deadlifting thread. Thanks for your support
    a few seconds ago

So. One less friend then, I guess.

See ya and good riddance as friends don't take sides. I said it like it is. I think it's funny that all her friends are now here getting involved too. Exactly what I am talking about.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Incredibly mature. You claim not to recall anything but remember that I was "snarky". I'm far from that and don't appreciate the name calling - I just want to know why out of all the posts here, you consistently decide to nitpick mine when the disagreement is so bloody minor. Is your life that boring? I didn't make my original statement as advice to anyone here that drinking coffee will make you lose weight but as a general statement - many individuals in the medical and scientific field have labelled caffeine as a diuretic, whether they consider it huge or very little is not really what the first post was about.

Caffeine is considered a diuretic and that's really the point I'm making here.. the only person commenting on its effectiveness is you - I'm not saying it is going to make anyone lose weight but it certainly makes you piss like a racehorse and dehydrates you.. water makes you go too but water hydrates the body.

Here's the thing....Caffeine being a diuretic is one of those well propagated myths. If you google "Is caffeine a diuretic" you'll see, from all the current scientific hits, it's not actually considered a diuretic except in a few specific set of circumstances and in extremely high doses. Water acts as a very mild diuretic, and the diuretic properties of caffeinated beverages is similar to that of regular water. There might be some truth to making you pee more, but that's stimulation of your bladder, not actually more urine.

I think you're overreacting by taking Sara's response personally. She picks apart myths and discredits them with credible science. You happened to post about one of these myths. I would recommend not making your next post be about meal timing or detox diets if you want to avoid this pwning in the future. :flowerforyou:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If you drink more water than your body can handle then you can actually drown. Did you know that before you started telling people to drink a gallon of water?

Before starting 5:2 I hardly drank any water, I'd drink coffee mainly. I lost a huge amount of weight. There goes that theory.

Yes, coffee is a diuretic. I guess everyone should just load up on caffeine now.... :huh: :laugh:
    Water is a diuretic. So are apples, pears, cherries, celery stalks, and lettuce. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Also, drinking a gallon of water a day is laughably bad advice. For proper hydration, drink when you're thirsty. That's it. Being over hydrated does nothing for you but stress and wear out your kidneys.

Drink whatever fluid you like. Stay hydrated. Eat more tuna brownies. And double up on vodka.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    dixiewhiskey And I think you're biased because you are her friend. Until she started nitpicking at things I posted in a not supportive way, I thought she was really inspiring. I can say whatever I want, it's my opinion to have :). I have more respect for someone who changes their life and doesn't use that as a reason to troll online forums making fun of others. You haven't seen her behaviour in the past so I don't think it's really fair to comment and say that I'm being overly sensitive. I've also seen you do the same **** that she has done too all because someone posted something in your deadlifting thread. Thanks for your support
    a few seconds ago

See ya and good riddance as friends don't take sides. I said it like it is. I think it's funny that all her friends are now here getting involved too. Exactly what I am talking about.

Oh my lawd...they posted in the thread earlier.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    a few seconds ago

Oh my lawd...they posted in the thread earlier.

Yep, if you look, we've been here for quite a while. Waaay before any drama (or perceived drama).
  • grggmrtn
    grggmrtn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My ex's new cat is pregnant. So after taking MY cat for the companionship, They now have 2 dogs, 3 cats of which one is pregnant. How's THAT for companionship?

On the upside, I'm going to London for 6 days 5 nights now on Wednesday, and I'm planning on having a LOAD of fun, without having to hire a pet-babysitter. It's gonna be EPIC!!!

Off topic you say? You mean... there's a topic here?
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    II already drink a gallon plus. What should I do? Drink two?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    My ex's new cat is pregnant. So after taking MY cat for the companionship, They now have 2 dogs, 3 cats of which one is pregnant. How's THAT for companionship?

On the upside, I'm going to London for 6 days 5 nights now on Wednesday, and I'm planning on having a LOAD of fun, without having to hire a pet-babysitter. It's gonna be EPIC!!!

Cat_drinking_water_out_of_sink_GIF816.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Ooo...jelly.

Not about the cat though..about the trip.
  • grggmrtn
    Options

Ooo...jelly.

jelly?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

No Joy_Joy, like this

20130321220047-278e32fa.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options

No Joy_Joy, like this

Not this?

cat-drinks-water-o.gif

Doing it wrong?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Ooo...jelly.

jelly?

Slang for jealous that I am probably far too old to be using in good conscience.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

No Joy_Joy, like this

Not this?

cat-drinks-water-o.gif

Doing it wrong?

...I got nothing. You win.
  • grggmrtn
    Options

Ooo...jelly.

jelly?

Slang for jealous that I am probably far too old to be using in good conscience.

Aaah, gotcha. I getcha, it's gonna be a totally gnarly trip, like, way wicked.

Wait, wrong decade...
  • PikaKnight
    Options

No Joy_Joy, like this

Not this?

cat-drinks-water-o.gif

Doing it wrong?

...I got nothing. You win.

:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • PhoenixEve
    PhoenixEve Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I usually gain about a pound of water weight from showering. Does this count? Should i shower longer or more often? Or would a bath be more effective?

Honestly though, i probably should drink more water than i do.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-26452-1375370409-11.gif

Sorry I win.
  • Starynh
    Starynh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Water was always one of my main diet units! I was just scared I'd gain more if I drank more...Thanks for clearing things up, now I won't be afraid to drink a lot of water now. :)
  • imhc93
    imhc93 Posts: 23
    Options
    Sheesh, this is the first post I've ever read, and really, if people disagree with the original post/recommendation, I don't think that's a reason for the poster (gallon water-drinker) to blast people to the wall and be so rude and essentially calling them pubescent.

Let's have some prospective here that just because you think drinking a gallon of water a day is akin to the coming of the next messiah, not everyone will agree with you, and when you write a public post you need to consider that. For instance, I eat tons of fish, and people constantly say I shouldn't and to be aware of mercury levels. And my response is, You know what? You're right. I understand where you're coming from. Let's keep our eye on the ball here, folks. And that is, we're all on here to get healthy and there are many different ways to do that.

Okay, off to have a glass of merlot. I mean...water.

^ this..