Drink More Water, Lose More Weight? YES!

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Only on the internet can you find a bunch of people attacking someone for encouraging others to drink water. I agree with your post. Staying hydrated is so important! And I needed that reminder to encourage me to drink up! Thanks 😊

5 years ago :confused: How on Earth...?

Sometimes it takes a while to let the anger build.

5 years from now I'm going to be really annoyed that someone got annoyed 5 years ago at people for attacking someone for spreading woo about water 5 years before that. Life is a complicated winding road.

Just to stay on topic I guess, OP wasn't just encouraging people to drink water, she was attributing power and effects to drinking water it simply doesn't have.

5 years ago I wouldn't have said I'd still be here in 5 years and yet... :tongue: At least I weigh less. And I've drank (drunk?) a lot of water in the meantime :lol:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Only on the internet can you find a bunch of people attacking someone for encouraging others to drink water. I agree with your post. Staying hydrated is so important! And I needed that reminder to encourage me to drink up! Thanks 😊

5 years from now I'm going to be really annoyed that someone got annoyed 5 years ago at people for attacking someone for spreading woo about water 5 years before that. Life is a complicated winding road.

Just to stay on topic I guess, OP wasn't just encouraging people to drink water, she was attributing power and effects to drinking water it simply doesn't have.

5 years ago I wouldn't have said I'd still be here in 5 years and yet... :tongue: At least I weigh less. And I've drank (drunk?) a lot of water in the meantime :lol:

That would be 1825 gallons of water, if you were drinking a gallon a day. That's a lot of steps from running to the toilet. I'd think all that extra exercise would calm you down.

It is the magical properties that tend to get people's backs up.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

That would be 1825 gallons of water, if you were drinking a gallon a day. That's a lot of steps from running to the toilet. I'd think all that extra exercise would calm you down.

Who says I'm not calm? I'm calm, *kitten* it! I'm the calmest calm you've ever seen. 😌

But I don't drink a gallon of water a day. Maybe I should. I could use those extra steps for more food!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Who says I'm not calm? I'm calm, *kitten* it! I'm the calmest calm you've ever seen. 😌

But I don't drink a gallon of water a day. Maybe I should. I could use those extra steps for more food!

You've been drinking a gallon of wine a day again, haven't you?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    This worked for my friend. She drank from the outflow of Lake Elan without filtering the water first, and got real sick.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    This worked for my friend. She drank from the outflow of Lake Elan without filtering the water first, and got real sick.

That sounds... pleasant. :sick:
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

You've been drinking a gallon of wine a day again, haven't you?

Damn you stealing my patented diet plan! That’s copyright infringement right there!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Be cautious.
    Drinking water may help you feel full and hence you may eat less, so it’s CICO at work. However, drinking too much water could cause issues for some. Staying hydrated is important, but too much water may be dangerous.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how much water helped in my successfully getting from obese/overweight to "normal BMI", but I do know that I hardly EVER drank water when I was obese and actually hated water for some reason. As I began to substantially increase my daily water in-take as I was/am getting down to size, I began to CRAVE drinking water super mega big time as the weight and inches started melting off of me. Also during this time, drinking more water helped me to see that MANY times when what I thought/believed to me having an insatiable appetite and being hungry ALL the time. I wasn't...I was actually thirsty/dehydrated--NOT TRULY HUNGRY, because I rarely if ever drank water. So, my increasing drinking water helped me understand/know/learn what TRUE hunger is and what's the difference between me "feeling" like I'm hungry and again, what REAL HUNGER truly is and being thirsty. MANY and much of the time what I thought/felt was "hunger" was actually THIRST. Many may/will poo-poo/woo this, but whatevah--this is my experience anyhoo.

THAT SAID, drinking a lot of water is not and in my opinion, (or at least for me) is not the "be all to end all" method of quenching one's thirst. Drinking a lot/excessive amount of water is not and should not be the only way to quench one's thirst. EATING things like juicy fruits and a variety of veggies is also another important/ignored source of quenching my thirst as well. Here's a list of "surprising" things to EAT, that will help hydrate your body besides water:

https://www.mensjournal.com/food-drink/10-surprising-ways-to-quench-your-thirst/9-tomato-juice/
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

OP hasn't posted since 2015, I'm guessing she won't see this.

Probably not. I post/reply to old threads, not necessarily with the original poster in mine at all, but as a reminder to/for myself (a "bump" of sorts, if you will) and for others struggling or even questioning these types of issues in their lives. I am very often GRATEFUL for/to folk bringing up (resurrecting?!?) old threads that address issues currently in my life and potentially in the lives of others--BIG TIME appreciate it, but that's lil ole me o:)<3o:)
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I drink an insane amount of water, always have done, yet I still got fat... I think water is just a small part of a bigger picture.
  • jean133mjg
    jean133mjg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like my water hot with ginger, lemon, honey and cayenne when I have a cold. The water hydrates me while the ginger, honey and lemon help with the cold and the cayenne keeps my nasal passages clear. Here's to water! It does a body good.