Childish Misunderstanding

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Black and white tv shows and movies confused the hell out of me. Like...I thought the world didn't invent color until the 60s.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Black and white tv shows and movies confused the hell out of me. Like...I thought the world didn't invent color until the 60s.

Me too! I often wondered what the world was like before it was colorized.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I thought a lot of things about TV shows when I was a kid.

To me it seemed like "Little House on the Prairie" was current, but it was just about people who lived out West and didn't have the same stuff we had further east...lol. This was further proven to my child mind by seeing people of certain religions driving horse & buggy in the country when we were on the highway. In my mind, they probably knew the Ingalls.

I thought MOST adults lived with roommates or single, like Jack, Janet & Chrissy on "Three's Company".

I thought the Golden Girls were just business ladies with ugly clothes. I did NOT understand they were senior citizens.

I thought there were only families with 6 kids like the Brady Bunch on TV shows. The biggest family I knew personally, growing up, had 3 kids. Never mind my own mother was from a family with 10 children...that didn't click for me 'til I was much older.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Our dog got sick and was in the hospital. I overheard my mom saying that he was on a balanced diet and I imagined them making him walk on a tightrope with a stick in his mouth balancing two bowls on either end
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I believed all dogs go to heaven. My step dad is super conservative Christian and decided to break my heart at the age of 10 and tell me animals don't have souls therefore no animals will be in heaven.

Yeah *kitten* that concept. If there is a heaven, it will have more beautiful doggos than rotten people.

Cats and dogs can be better people than people so I agree with you 100%.
  • OriginalJayZ
    OriginalJayZ Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    The glove compartment in the car. I thought it was the glove department until I was like 10.

Also the phrase "I have to piss like a rushing race horse". I thought it was a "Russian race horse"

Are you serious?? I’ve thought it was Russian all my life!!!

So did I until now! lol
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options

To me it seemed like "Little House on the Prairie" was current, but it was just about people who lived out West and didn't have the same stuff we had further east...lol. This was further proven to my child mind by seeing people of certain religions driving horse & buggy in the country when we were on the highway. In my mind, they probably knew the Ingalls.

I thought MOST adults lived with roommates or single, like Jack, Janet & Chrissy on "Three's Company".

I thought the Golden Girls were just business ladies with ugly clothes. I did NOT understand they were senior citizens.

I thought there were only families with 6 kids like the Brady Bunch on TV shows. The biggest family I knew personally, growing up, had 3 kids. Never mind my own mother was from a family with 10 children...that didn't click for me 'til I was much older.

Too funny about Three's Company. For me it was Sesame Street. I live in a town where even in midtown, private homes have yards, and even the poor people I knew lived in detached housing - I never saw a walk up until I was in college. And it's illegal to live over a store here. So I didn't understand why the people on Sesame Street lived in such a weird place and what was supposed to be going on. My husband, who grew up in a rural area, reports also being confused by Sesame Street.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

Too funny about Three's Company. For me it was Sesame Street. I live in a town where even in midtown, private homes have yards, and even the poor people I knew lived in detached housing - I never saw a walk up until I was in college. And it's illegal to live over a store here. So I didn't understand why the people on Sesame Street lived in such a weird place and what was supposed to be going on. My husband, who grew up in a rural area, reports also being confused by Sesame Street.

How cute and funny about Sesame Street. I liked a lot of books set in NYC for some reason, especially books by Lois Lowry, so I thought of the Sesame Street characters as all living in NYC.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Once I had a dream that we had a fire in our house. It was so vivid that until I was 15 I thought we actually had had a fire. I even argued with my parents that they were wrong because I could remember the fireman who teased me about wearing no shoes and I got flustered and sassed him.

I guess i already shared this story 😯