Replies

• abutcher2122
    abutcher2122 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    I run to eat. Not picky just want to eat/drink what I want pretty much whenever I want. I would love to be able to eat pizza... tried again thinking it would be fine, on my husband's birthday... still a big NO. I think I have finally learned my lesson there.
    I had another good run today. My legs were a bit cranky and tired but it was nice out and Hobbes the Vizsla was enjoying watching the birds, bunnies and lizards. I am really liking not having any real constraints other than my own physical limitations. It is such an amazing feeling.

@Stoshew71 and @Elise4270 - what do you think about creating an April Running Challenge under the Challenge
    section with the link back to this location since people seem to be having issues finding it this month?

Date........Miles.......Total
    04/01......0.00.......0.00
    04/02......5.81.......5.81
    04/03......4.73.....10.54

exercise.png

My completed and upcoming races. Let me know if you will be running them too.
    02/04/18 - Surf City Half Marathon
    07/22/18 - San Francisco 2nd Half Marathon
    12/15/18 - San Diego Holiday Half Marathon
    02/03/19 - Surf City Half Marathon
    05/11/19 - Santa Barbara Wine Country Half Marathon
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Ran a nice and easy 7 miles before meeting up with the group for another easy 5 miles. I finished things off with one final mile because there was time to fit one more in before heading to the office. Average HR was just 135 bpm, which meant I was taking things super-easy...definitely a wise precaution to take as my ankle is still a little swollen; there's zero pain so I'm not too concerned with things, and for now I'll simply assume it will calm back down over the week.

02 - 15.39
    03 - 13.55

Total: 28.94 / 280 miles
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    04/01/18 :::: 5.3 :::: 5.3
    04/02/18 :::: 3.6 :::: 8.9
    04/03/18 :::: 4.8 :::: 13.7

A run with friends tonight. The weather was 37 degrees and drizzly but we were happy it wasn't raining too hard. I made the mistake though of taking off my gloves and now I'm having the worst flare up of Raynaud's that I've had I think. My index fingers are really bad and it's not easy to type. The color is starting to come back though.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    4/1: 2.5 miles
    4/2: 3.1 miles
    4/3: ST, walk 1 mile

Total Running for April: 5.6

Strength training day for me, but I hopped on the treadmill for a 1 mile walk after.

As for running for food, I run for nachos! And beer. But mostly nachos. :smiley:

Upcoming Races:
    Wineglass Marathon 9/30
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Brisk walk today, despite the wind. Really looking forward to warmer weather. :smile:

exercise.png

1/4: REST
    2/4: REST
    3/4: 5.26 kms (brisk walk) + 8 mins of bodyweight training

TOTAL : 5.26 / 50 kms goal

Races:

19/4-30/4: Zombies Run! App 2018 Spring Virtual Run
    22/9: “Coureurs des Bois” Obstacle Course Challenge (not signed up yet)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    5 TM miles tonight. 5 miles MTD.

2/3 days as planned.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Next year I kind of want to get a team together and do this: http://m.oliverosoyoos.com/Events/Half-Corked-Marathon/FAQ-s/The-Marathon
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Glutes and abs today. It was triple drop sets. I can't feel my legs.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Adult swim club Today and Thursday and Taper for Jasper HM so I may not get any Km's until Saturday.

The brand new Power steering pump on my truck ( Feb 16 ) blew up over the Easter Weekend traveling and there are none in town so waiting until next Tuesday for a replacement. Now trying to make alternate travel arrangements to Jasper for the HM this weekend. Grumble Grumble.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    3/1 = rest day...sort of (moving day)
    3/2 = 9.5 miles
    3/3 = Vinyasa yoga class and 3.5 miles

April mileage goal = 125 miles / April miles complete = 13 miles
  • Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    First run of the month for me today! This was my first time running without my c25k program “coaching” me in my ear buds, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Since I ended the program on Saturday running for 30 minutes, I decided to run for 32 minutes today and see how far that got me. I didn’t cover as much ground as I had hoped, but Tuesday is always my struggle bus day for whatever reason.

Goal: 40 miles
    Today: 2.3 miles
    Total: 2.3 miles

I’m feeling a bit nervous that I’m not going to run my whole 5k on the 21st, but I’m going to keep pushing forward.

If you go to podrunner.com they have training programs following on from c25k. They have gateway to 8k and freeway to 10k. I used them last year before doing Midnattsloppet in Stockholm and i loved them!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Aiming for 200 kms run.
    And some cartwheels again

03 Apr – 10.1 km
    04 Apr – 10.1 km

Total: 20.2 km

I run for pasta and chocolate if I have to pick my top main & dessert.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Canadians! And Americans living close to the West Coast border!

So, I want to go hiking in the Rockies, or somewhere beautiful with stunning mountain scenery. I don't need to be climbing up the things, but being around mountains would be great.

I'm planning around three/four days hiking and camping probably late September. I'm not an experienced camper but my sister who'll be bringing the kit/helping me hire kit/coming with me is (she went camping last weekend. In the snow. In minus 35 degrees C). I'll hire a car, and I guess I'll be flying into Calgary, and she'll come across from the prairies.

So where's good to go that is a bit of backcountry, and a hidden gem?
  • greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Sparx_81 wrote: »
    First run of the month for me today! This was my first time running without my c25k program “coaching” me in my ear buds, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Since I ended the program on Saturday running for 30 minutes, I decided to run for 32 minutes today and see how far that got me. I didn’t cover as much ground as I had hoped, but Tuesday is always my struggle bus day for whatever reason.

Goal: 40 miles
    Today: 2.3 miles
    Total: 2.3 miles

I’m feeling a bit nervous that I’m not going to run my whole 5k on the 21st, but I’m going to keep pushing forward.

If you go to podrunner.com they have training programs following on from c25k. They have gateway to 8k and freeway to 10k. I used them last year before doing Midnattsloppet in Stockholm and i loved them!

Thank you! I think I will start some kind of 10k program after my 5k. I’ll add those programs to my list of ones to look into.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @Stoshew71 and @Elise4270 - what do you think about creating an April Running Challenge under the Challenge
    section with the link back to this location since people seem to be having issues finding it this month?

There is one.

And hopefully next month we will go back to challenges were it makes the most sense to find this thread. :)