Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• mfhemm
    mfhemm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just found this group today. I have gained a lot of weight in the past two years. I want to be able to wear some of my clothes again!
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,758 Member
    Options
    mfhemm wrote: »
    Just found this group today. I have gained a lot of weight in the past two years. I want to be able to wear some of my clothes again!

Welcome!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Where there's a will, there's a way :smile: welcome!
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Walking and water are what I'm focusing on this week.
    Have a good week everyone!!
    jm216 wrote: »
    What is your mini goal for this week?
    Mine is to drink more water.

• jm216
    Options
    Slow and steady absolutely is the way to go!
    Love your turtle pic!
  • jm216
    Options
    So tired
  • jm216
    Options
    Aw the rest of it cut out!
    I just finished cutting the grass, and I’m so ready for bed, but must clean up the kitchen, make lunches, then off to bed!
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday friends! Did you have a good weekend?
    Hubby and I celebrated our anniversary on Saturday. 11 years! Then Sunday was Mother's Day. It was a really nice weekend, I enjoyed it, but I'm ready to get back on track!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I just finished cutting the grass, and I’m so ready for bed, but must clean up the kitchen, make lunches, then off to bed!

A busy day for you, we're never done around the house are we.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Hubby and I celebrated our anniversary on Saturday. 11 years! Then Sunday was Mother's Day. It was a really nice weekend, I enjoyed it, but I'm ready to get back on track!

Happy anniversary :smiley: a lovely weekend for you and way to get back on it again :smile:

We had a quiet weekend, we went to look at some paving ideas for the new patio area we are doing in the garden.. we also had a lovely meal out at an Italian restaurant with our son, DIL and baby - it was a great night, good food and company is hard to beat :smile: and the little one got oohed and aahed over a lot, since he got specs passers by can't help but stop and comment how cute he is :smiley:

Happy Tuesday all. I'm a happy bunny as I'm on a half day. I'm meeting my friend for lunch and then I plan to mow our lawn.

Have a good one.
    Ruth
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options

by the way @jm216 if you use your own emoji it messes up with the app and cuts out any consequent text. If you use the MFP ones in the tab above that wont happen.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options

Hello! Welcome to this group I come to a couple times a week for encouragement and motivation. Though I've been a member here for several years, this time it has stuck and I'm approaching my 1 year anniversary on June 11. During that time I seem to be on track for an average of 1 pound per week. I find keeping an honest diary, having a few friends for motivation and to motivate, using a Fitbit which I have synced with this site, and putting my favorite recipes on here so I know what size serving I can have and still lose weight all are working together to make this time a solution I can use for the rest of my life. I have around 67 more pounds to lose to be at the goal I set last June. So I'm still probably a couple years away from beginning maintenance. Join me in working toward a restored health.

Good to hear your story and about your progress @thelifeilove1 taking the slow and steady approach works perfectly and it sounds like you are enjoying your journey. :smile:
  • jm216
    Options

Congratulations on 11 years of marriage!
  • jm216
    Options
    My confession:

I overeat at dinner and after 7:00pm.
    I just have to plan better and eat smaller more frequent meals. Any suggestions?
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I prelog as much as possible to see what I have left for dinner. Days like today when I didn't do this are a disaster! I do not understand Fitbit..some days less steps & more calories and today 13,000 steps & fewer calories. Oh well, still trying for the last 10 pounds. Scale up & down but trending app is still heading down, so that is good. I really enjoy everyone's posts, just don't comment much myself. Ruth..good work on the smaller size & MyEvolvingJourney..congrats on your anniversary. We recently had our 44th! (yes, I am old!! lol)
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I also have my calorie goal set for .5 pound...just can't do the 1200 calorie thing even if I am short & old! We mowed our grass yesterday. It's funny...I almost get upset if my hubby gets started before me (we each do 1/2 or so), because he is getting my calorie burn, lol.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Jill, I want to take time to reply on some ideas/tips I have for you but its all go at work. Bear with me and I will try at some point today and do a proper reply here...

Happy Hump Day ladies :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited May 2018
    Options
    My confession:

I overeat at dinner and after 7:00pm.
    I just have to plan better and eat smaller more frequent meals. Any suggestions?

Ok I'm back to reply now...

Do you mainly cook/prepare your own meals?
    I don't know about you but my days are all very similar - egg on toast for breakfast/ or porridge with honey/fruit - around 400 cals
    Lunch is 400 and dinner is 500-600 plus snacks 200. (I always round my cals up to nearest 100 for handyness)

I know everyone's allowance is different but if you aim for meals within your calorie budget then you know what you have to play with for dinner and evening snacks. At least keep 100 cals for a night time snack and work that into your budget.

I also was a huge one for pre logging my meals. I knew what I would be having each day in the morning so I would log everything as accurately as I could and then if it needed editing as day went on I would do so. It meant I knew if I had extra calories to work with.

The thing is some days we will go over, but if those days only happen now and again then its absolutely fine. We just need to be aware how easy it would be to slip into old ways and catch ourselves on before that would happen.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I prelog as much as possible to see what I have left for dinner. Days like today when I didn't do this are a disaster! I do not understand Fitbit..some days less steps & more calories and today 13,000 steps & fewer calories. Oh well, still trying for the last 10 pounds. Scale up & down but trending app is still heading down, so that is good. I really enjoy everyone's posts, just don't comment much myself. Ruth..good work on the smaller size & MyEvolvingJourney..congrats on your anniversary. We recently had our 44th! (yes, I am old!! lol)

Congrats on 44years @RetiredAndLovingIt hubby and I will be celebrating 30 in July :smiley:
    When I had Fitbit I used to notice quite a lot of variations per day with similar steps, I put it down to sometimes moving faster and Fitbit knowing that.

It was lovely to see you comment here, so please don't be a stranger, we enjoy the rapport with everyone and the more the merrier. Also sharing what works for you could help someone else :smile:
    The trending of the weight is what its all about, the scale is always gonna move up and down, and down and up, its par for the course.