Options

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,739 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Happy Father’s Day weekend!
    What are your plans for today?

We lost my dad several years ago, so mom likes to plan stuff to get our minds off of it. Today we're going to bingo

I like that your mom keeps you and herself busy on Father’s Day. <3
  • jm216
    Options
    Themajez wrote: »
    I'm single and live alone, the ideal situation for logging food. The more people involved in providing, preparing or eating food with you, the more difficult it is to log food.

You are absolutely correct! <3
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Monday friends!
  • jm216
    Options
    3 days of consistent logging= half a pound lost.
    Worth it? Absolutely!!

Slow steady and consistent logging is a great path to be on. <3 Jill
  • runbowlfish
    runbowlfish Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did have a Father's Day splurge......steakhouse......yet I'm still down about a pound for the week. I also noticed a every-other-week trend for bigger/smaller weight losses......I am exercising a lot so muscle-building could be a factor. Anyhow, it's the long-term results that matter......feeling a lot better than when I started, clothes fit way better, etc. Tracking is the key for me.....i stay focused and see progress!
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone!
    Time for me to get moving and walk the dog. What are your exercise plans for today?

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Yesterday I fell off the wagon and into the deep fryer. Today I feel pretty gross, but I’m not letting my dark side win. I will use the force! :D I will not let one day of backsliding ruin me.

What do you do to get yourself back on track?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Jill, it happens to everyone...the important thing is that one off day doesn't become 5 etc etc.
    So dust yourself off, tell yourself its mind over matter, today you will rock this eating malarkey ok :smiley: Have a good one.
    When I have an off day (yep I have them too, I couldn't get filled at the weekend (I put that down to me fighting a cold) I reached for crisps and chocolate), the next day for me I will determine to have more water and to being very on target with my calories, no ifs ands or buts.

Ruth
  • jm216
    Options
    Thanks Ruth!
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Thursday friends!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Happy Friday Eve :smiley: Have a great day everyone.
  • Fizbopper
    Fizbopper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I went for a lovely walk with the dog today and have racked up 17,000 steps already. Hoping it will go in my favour on the scales tomorrow!
  • jm216
    Options
    Fizbopper wrote: »
    I went for a lovely walk with the dog today and have racked up 17,000 steps already. Hoping it will go in my favour on the scales tomorrow!

Nice going!!
  • jm216
    Options
    Today I converted my desk to a stand up/sit down desk. I didn’t buy anything, just shifted some things around. I’m very happy with it!

I have these dreaded reports that are very monotonous, but while standing up I can move and get a little dancing in, instead of getting sleepy!

Jill
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    I had an incredibly busy weekend and so far a busy week at work too. I am so behind on all of my boards that I try to keep up with.

I love the idea of a stand up desk, what did you do to make it this way without having to purchase?
  • jm216
    Options
    I had an incredibly busy weekend and so far a busy week at work too. I am so behind on all of my boards that I try to keep up with.

I love the idea of a stand up desk, what did you do to make it this way without having to purchase?

I’ll have to take a picture of it for you tomorrow to show you. I’m not great at describing it. :)

• jm216
    Options
    It’s FRIDAY!! :)<3;)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Looking forward to the pic of your standing desk Jill :smile:
    You'll be burning 1.5 times the calories you did sitting - yayyy :smile:

And yes, Its Friday...and one week until my holiday/vacation woohoo :smiley: And after 4 weeks of cutting back on sugary treats finally I am seeing 1lb lost!! its pityful I know losing that little in a month but I suppose when someone is already at an ideal weight then its not easy losing - at least that's what I console myself with LOL (on and I needn't forget I had my birthday week in the middle of it so I suppose losing that 1lb was actually pretty darned good) :smiley:

This weekend I have plans to get caught up on housework/ironing and do my packing! I always seem to pack far too much so I want to be stricter with myself.

Have a great weekend all :smile:

Ruth
  • jm216
    Options
    Looking forward to the pic of your standing desk Jill :smile:
    You'll be burning 1.5 times the calories you did sitting - yayyy :smile:

And yes, Its Friday...and one week until my holiday/vacation woohoo :smiley: And after 4 weeks of cutting back on sugary treats finally I am seeing 1lb lost!! its pityful I know losing that little in a month but I suppose when someone is already at an ideal weight then its not easy losing - at least that's what I console myself with LOL (on and I needn't forget I had my birthday week in the middle of it so I suppose losing that 1lb was actually pretty darned good) :smiley:

This weekend I have plans to get caught up on housework/ironing and do my packing! I always seem to pack far too much so I want to be stricter with myself.

Have a great weekend all :smile:

Ruth

Hi Ruth,

Where are you headed for vacation?
    Congrats on your pound lost. Each pound is hard to lose.

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Here is my new desk set up. <3
    Today is day 2 with it. Since my keyboard and mouse are wireless, I can move them to my lower desk if I need to sit.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, this is stuff I already had at work.

One of the benefits/downfalls of this desk is that I tend to dance when I stand... because I have to listen to music... for sanity purposes. I don’t like it if it’s too quiet. I just have to keep my amazing dance moves in check when other people are around. :D

Jill