Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I will never understand how weight works. Yesterday I dropped 2.2 pounds overnight, today I gained 1.7 pounds overnight. Yesterday was a really good eating day, Sunday was crap LOL I know it will all go in the right direction eventually.

I get It, I get it! I gained 3lbs from Sunday til Monday... and it never goes as quickly as it appears... can I get a grrr from y'all :smiley: but we know it is not real, it's water - the body is made up mostly of water around 67% from memory actually. Look forward to peeing like an elephant and then you'll know a whoosh is about to happen :smiley:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    You can for sure get a "Grrrrr" from me :)
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,790 Member
    Options
    I will never understand how weight works. Yesterday I dropped 2.2 pounds overnight, today I gained 1.7 pounds overnight. Yesterday was a really good eating day, Sunday was crap LOL I know it will all go in the right direction eventually.

I don’t understand it either, Snow.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I got a whoosh this morning and those 3lbs are gone - came in one day, left in two. Hope @Snowflake1968 that you will find the same thing today.

Happy Hump day ladies :smiley: smile because we're half way through the work week :smile:

I'm looking forward to Aquafit tonight again :smile:
  • jm216
    Options
    Ruth, You always seem to know what to post at the right time. Thanks for your timeliness!

Today's confession:
    I have to really force myself to log. I'm great about logging my breakfast...which is the same everyday. I usually log my snacks throughout the day, and most of the time I log my lunch. But, when dinner comes...I rarely log it...and I don't log the night time snacks. It feels so good to type this and see it in print.

Part of the issue is that I literally throw things together for dinner, so I need to just plan this better. If things are cut up and ready for grab and go, then I'm in a much better place. This morning I cut up a watermelon and threw it in my bag for work, so now I have a healthy...and delicious...afternoon snack ready to go. We'll also have it for dinner. :)

Happy Thursday!

Jill

• LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @jm216 confession is good for the soul :smiley:

Are your dinners much of a muchness? and your snacks?
    say your dinners are around 600 cals at most for example and your snacks say, 250... you could use the quick add calorie function.

At the end of the day logging is not the be all end all but if your weight is not dropping how you would like it that means you need to drop some calories from somewhere. If you're not logging are you mentally totalling up what you're eating and being mindful? or do you throw caution to the wind?

As usual, planning ahead really works well, its not always that we can plan but if you make a habit of it then it will become something you just get on with. I used to always forget to pack myself a lunch thinking a piece of toast and fruit would do. But what happened was I got hungry and snacked on sugary treats. So I have to plan for my lunches and at long last it has become the norm.

Have a great Thurs everyone.

Ruth
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited May 2018
    Options
  • jm216
    Options
    At night I’m a salty snacker.... chips mostly... and I don’t mindfully add them up. Although, they add themselves up on the scale when I step on.
    For me, I’ve got to log it, or things get slipped in.

The frustrating thing is that I know I can lose the weight, I just have to eat less calories. I know that fruit and veggies count as less calories too.

Just gotta get my calories in gear with my daily steps.

On that note, I’m off to finish cutting the grass. :)
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the chips at night. Sometimes I just have to have chips, even if heading to bed soon! Sometimes I can talk myself out of it...sometimes not! :/
  • jm216
    Options
    I know what you mean about the chips at night. Sometimes I just have to have chips, even if heading to bed soon! Sometimes I can talk myself out of it...sometimes not! :/

It’s a salt thing!
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Friday Friends!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I get the wanting to snack on chips/crisp thing, if I open the larder and see a packet I start salivating LOL - I either now buy flavours I don't like but the rest of the family eat, or keep them out of sight which means out of mind. They might be tasty but they are not worth the calories.

I had an eye opening calorie moment the other day, had a Hot cross bun for a snack, it felt as light as air, it was more savoury than sweet - 297 cals!! I was disgusted I hadn't checked the calories beforehand!! I can't justify that amount on a non filling snack. My alternative instead from then on is a choc chip broiche at 123 cals. The moral of the story for you ladies, find a snack thats filling but half the cals. I am a fan of greek yogurt with some fresh fruit chopped up and in it along with some nuts.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited June 2018
    Options
    And now for your pep talk of the day :smiley: >>

Keep saying to yourselves how bad do you want to be slim? you have a vision of how you would look slimmer? or you once knew how it felt? well you know to achieve that it does take saying no a lot of the time to certain things. Its not easy, but being overweight isn't easy either. But I have to tell you gals, being slim is AWESOME :smiley: and I for one will fight tooth and nail to stay this way.

We are SOooo worth it :smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • jm216
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks are oyster crackers...it satisfies the salt and crunch need at only 70 calories. :)
    This morning I finally had my woosh moment! Down a pound from yesterday. I owe it to logging and drinking lots of water.

This morning I drank some watermelon and lime juice... I love my juicer!

Have a fabulous Friday...and have some fun!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    I am a chips person as well and with and ice cold coke is even better. I just don't keep them in the house anymore. If I really can't stop a craving for them, I force myself to walk to the store to get them. I keep alternatives in the house but nothing is as worth as many calories as chips and pop.
    Wednesday night I really wanted a snack but was sitting at exactly 0 left for calories and I wasn't willing to burn more off. I forced myself to get through it and went to bed. Last night I really wanted crackers and cheese but I didn't really have enough calories, I ended up eating some Goldfish crackers, no cheese and had 70 calories left when I went to bed. It was a struggle both nights, but I'm proud of myself today for winning the battle.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    Options
    Yeah for winning the battle, Snowflake! & the woosh, Jill! I was down a little today, too, but I think it was only the little I was up the other day. :'( I know what you mean, Ruth, about unexpected calories. I saw it was National Donut Day & the store had a special on glazed donuts, so I had to buy some for the grandkids since we were babysitting today. Can't be that bad...they have a lot of air, right? Oops...a whole lot worse than I thought they were! Needless to say, the extras stayed at their house! Have to find something else to sub in for my salt craving...I really don't care for Goldfish crackers that much.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I do love greek yogurt, frozen blueberries, chopped walnuts, and a little honey. (gotta have the little bit of sweetness, lol). Usually this is my evening snack. I also appreciate Ruth's "pep talk"!
    need to remember that more!
  • jm216
    Options
    It seem we all have the same struggle with snacks at the end of the day. I like how RetiredandLovingit plans for it in advance! I always seem to think I’ll magically have calories at the end of the day. Gotta work on that. ;)
  • jm216
    Options
    Way to power through your end of the day snackiness Snowflake! We have to stay strong together!