Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I was surprised to find that I didn't lose anything again this week. I'm not super sure what's going on there. I think I get into the habit of not tracking everything. Little bites. A few pieces of something here and there. So I'm going to be more diligent this week. Do you guys have to be super mindful of your intake as well?

How long since last loss? Mine used to go 3 weeks no loss then whoosh and a few pounds went at once. The scale can take time to show progress.
    If however you are eating bits and pieces that are not accounted for you could well be doing away with most if not all your deficit. Be more diligent and see what that brings.
    Our hormones mean loss can get masked but if you know you're at calorie deficit you know it'll be ok.

That's reassuring, I find I hover around the same weight and start getting discouraged. I am rather diligent in my tracking so it's frustrating.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I was surprised to find that I didn't lose anything again this week. I'm not super sure what's going on there. I think I get into the habit of not tracking everything. Little bites. A few pieces of something here and there. So I'm going to be more diligent this week. Do you guys have to be super mindful of your intake as well?

How long since last loss? Mine used to go 3 weeks no loss then whoosh and a few pounds went at once. The scale can take time to show progress.
    If however you are eating bits and pieces that are not accounted for you could well be doing away with most if not all your deficit. Be more diligent and see what that brings.
    Our hormones mean loss can get masked but if you know you're at calorie deficit you know it'll be ok.

This very much seems to be the pattern for me! I'll maintain or have a slight gain over a period of 2-3 weeks, then have a 2-3 pound loss. I've had a fairly stressful week this week between work and home things, so I'm thinking this might be a contributor to the stall this week. Maybe.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @MyEvolvingJourney stress definately plays a factor - its amazing how so many things can affect weight loss, lack of sleep another, toilet issues, hormones, sodium, high carbs as the body holds on to extra water temporarily (for every 1g of carb the body holds on to 7g of water)... the main thing is you're being diligent, so trust the process, it works :smile:
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Good night friends!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Hello everyone! its a new week...last week was a terrific one for me in all ways, so my aim is to equal it this week :smile:

My work day didn't start off well though! I had spent all Friday afternoon working on my firms yearly figures for a statistics survey, all the information has gone!! so today I have to start over grrrr!! very frustrating but I'll just knuckle down and get on with it!

Wishing everyone a great week.

Ruth
  • Cbkkata
    Cbkkata Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Today went well. I’m under my calories, but unfortunately I only did 8 minutes if active exercise. Can’t complain!

8 minutes is better than none
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Well I had that whoosh this morning on the scale. 187.8 officially in the 180's! I'm quite happy about it. My morning started off crappy at work this morning too. I have one employee in the office that reports to me. The second I walk in the door, he doesn't even say good morning he starts telling me what went wrong over the weekend. I haven't figured out a nice way to tell him to let me get settled in first before bringing me problems. I think I need to come up with something though because this sort of ruins my whole day if I allow it.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Cbkkata wrote: »
    Today went well. I’m under my calories, but unfortunately I only did 8 minutes if active exercise. Can’t complain!

8 minutes is better than none

I read a quote at my pool. It said "No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping the guy on the couch". I think that would work for time spent doing something as well.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @snowflake1968 congrats on the whoosh :smile:

Hope your work day improves, mine did so as the song goes 'things can only get better.....' :smile:
    Its hard to stop someone banging on, how do you go about it in a tactful way etc, I'm awful at that kind of thing - too nice for my own good and probably that applies to you too. Maybe some of the other ladies will shed some light on how you could deal with him.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    It took me 2 1/2hrs re doing my work from Friday but its now done! phew!! I have 5 mins to work and then its home to get a salad organised for tea and then get outdoors to enjoy the lovely weather.
  • jgnickel
    jgnickel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well I had that whoosh this morning on the scale. 187.8 officially in the 180's! I'm quite happy about it. My morning startenkd off crappy at work this morning too. I have one employee in the office that reports to me. The second I walk in the door, he doesn't even say good morning he starts telling me what went wrong over the weekend. I haven't figured out a nice way to tell him to let me get settled in first before bringing me problems. I think I need to come up with something though because this sort of ruins my whole day if I allow it.
    I used to have someone that did that to me every morning when I was a manager at a Home Depot. One morning I was done lol. I flat out told him until I have my apron on don’t talk to me. Lol. From them on he brought me coffee and waited until I’d been in for at least 5 minutes. But it sure can be a rough start to a day to be bombarded immediately.

Alaska has finally decided it’s summer. It has been colder than normal for May,
    (47-48f) yesterday we actually jumped up to the upper 60’s it was glorious.

My weight is steady at 197. We will see after this weekend, I turned 50 and ate whatever, including probably too much prosecco. Tomorrow is another day!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @jgnickel - thanks for that, maybe I'll have to do that too. Also, I think turning 50 is a good reason to eat "whatever". I seriously hope my family throws a party for my 50th this fall. I want to eat, drink and be merry! Happy Birthday to you.
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy 50th JG!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    We jumped right to summer here! 4 weeks ago we had snow and it has been 98 degrees all weekend. & now it seems our air conditioner isn't working right! Did my walking inside on the treadmill. Happy birthday! I had to chuckle at both of you saying about your 50th birthday...don't remember mine... Oh yeah, since my birthday is at the end of December, everyone was worried about Y2K! :D
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Happy belated birthday JG - sounds like you had a blast :smile:

Happy Tuesday everyone, have a good day.
  • jm216
    Options
    This morning I had a weight in moment of truth!
    Up 2 pounds from the holiday weekend. Time to get back to accurate logging as the day goes, and not try and log it all at 11:00pm.

Have a terrific Tuesday!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    This morning I had a weight in moment of truth!
    Up 2 pounds from the holiday weekend. Time to get back to accurate logging as the day goes, and not try and log it all at 11:00pm.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

You'll be hanging on to a little water weight, it'll be gone in no time.
  • jm216
    Options
    It could be water weight! We opened our pool on Friday, and we are quite the fish. Maybe I’m carrying 2 pounds of pool with me! :D
  • Snowflake1968
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I will never understand how weight works. Yesterday I dropped 2.2 pounds overnight, today I gained 1.7 pounds overnight. Yesterday was a really good eating day, Sunday was crap LOL I know it will all go in the right direction eventually.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    It could be water weight! We opened our pool on Friday, and we are quite the fish. Maybe I’m carrying 2 pounds of pool with me! :D

Hey it's a possibility :smiley: