Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Your thread title says everything in a nutshell and not the whole bushel. It stand out and always makes an impact.
    It comes at you with purpose.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I like this thread. Makes me feel better and smile. It's "real" and it's just nice to read the entries and posts.
    I hit a restart button for myself this week. Lost track after my shoulder surgery and being sedentary. Am walking dog daily and "playing soccer" with him outside. (I kick the ball, he chases it, I go get it and kick it again. He loves it. We have a big back yard so I get some steps in.)

Welcome!! Always good to have another person who exercise with her dog. <3 What is your dig’s name? My fluffy one is Roxie. Here she is exhausted after playing rope!

Jill

• jm216
    Options
    I log everything, my struggle is actually being consistent with a healthy intake. I will eat something very high calorie just because I want it.

I’m proud that you log it all! The good the bad and everything. <3
  • jm216
    Options
    Today I logged everything... and it feels amazing! I’ve broken my curse.
  • KiwipowaRoo
    KiwipowaRoo Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I logged everything today, but it's day 1 ;) trying to keep serious and stop kidding myself!
  • jm216
    Options
    I logged everything today, but it's day 1 ;) trying to keep serious and stop kidding myself!

Way to go Kiwi!
    We are striving for progress, not perfection. Congrats on day 1, now onto day 2. Happy Sunday!
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Made a bicycle ride of better than six miles this week three times. It's starting to feel a bit more comfortable. If only my bottom will fall into adapting to the seat. I'd like to get my added burn up to 500 kcals per ride.
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    A friend had a party last night, I grumbled and grumped all day because it was going to take me off plan. I logged everything today that I remembered, and it put me 400 over maintenance. I did end up having fun, had a little to drink, and it left me feeling so thirsty this morning. I never felt like this before, it's like suddenly in my 30's I just dry out like a sea sponge on land when I have more than 1 drink. I had 3 jello shots and 1 bottle of mike hard lemonade, and in between each drink, took a sip of a big bottle of Smart Water, finishing the bottle when I got home.

Back on track today and feeling better after lots of water and a good breakfast. Eating light for dinner tonight. Crab Cakes, Salad and some mashed potatoes!
  • jm216
    Options
    Made a bicycle ride of better than six miles this week three times. It's starting to feel a bit more comfortable. If only my bottom will fall into adapting to the seat. I'd like to get my added burn up to 500 kcals per ride.

Way to go!! So proud of you!
  • jm216
    Options
    A friend had a party last night, I grumbled and grumped all day because it was going to take me off plan. I logged everything today that I remembered, and it put me 400 over maintenance. I did end up having fun, had a little to drink, and it left me feeling so thirsty this morning. I never felt like this before, it's like suddenly in my 30's I just dry out like a sea sponge on land when I have more than 1 drink. I had 3 jello shots and 1 bottle of mike hard lemonade, and in between each drink, took a sip of a big bottle of Smart Water, finishing the bottle when I got home.

Back on track today and feeling better after lots of water and a good breakfast. Eating light for dinner tonight. Crab Cakes, Salad and some mashed potatoes!

You had fun and kept it under control. Fantastic!

And on top of it all you had fun. :)
  • jm216
    Options
    Today is my 2nd day of logging everything! So happy. :#
  • jm216
    Options
    Feeling fine this Monday morning... how are you doing?
  • moodybear2003
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »

Honestly feeling guilty for have 2, going on 3 weeks at a stall because of giving in to parties and living life. I talked about it with my hubby, and he said we have nothing coming up until Labor day/his birthday, so He encouraged me to let it go and re-focus. So that's my goal this week: focusing on moving forward!
  • jm216
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »

Honestly feeling guilty for have 2, going on 3 weeks at a stall because of giving in to parties and living life. I talked about it with my hubby, and he said we have nothing coming up until Labor day/his birthday, so He encouraged me to let it go and re-focus. So that's my goal this week: focusing on moving forward!

Congrats on letting the guilt go, MoodyBear!
    Guilt does nothing but sabotage you. Allow yourself to make mistakes, and make a fresh new start! So proud of you!
  • jm216
    Options
    I’m on day three of tracking... this is so awesome! It takes forever for me to get in the good habit of logging everything... but when I do, the guilt is gone.
  • secretpatti
    secretpatti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just bought a watch that tells time plus how many steps I do...not connected to any programs to down load info..it just tells the time and my steps...is there someplace that I can put these steps for my excercise count in myfitnespal?

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options
    I just bought a watch that tells time plus how many steps I do...not connected to any programs to down load info..it just tells the time and my steps...is there someplace that I can put these steps for my excercise count in myfitnespal?

You could probably at the end of the day make it into a walk under exercise. I would go with a slow pace and try to come up with an equivalent of how many steps are in a mile if it doesn't tell you that on your watch.
  • jm216
    Options

Good suggestion Snowflake.
    Check out the Apps and Devices section and see if your watch will link and update to MFP.
  • moodybear2003
    Options
    I Completed day 1 of C25k! I tried it twice last week and had to modify it or quit halfway through. I did the whole thing today, only stopping to pause in the middle for a minute.

And I hit 10k steps today!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options
    I Completed day 1 of C25k! I tried it twice last week and had to modify it or quit halfway through. I did the whole thing today, only stopping to pause in the middle for a minute.

And I hit 10k steps today!

That’s awesome! I’m thinking about trying it.