Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hi all...it's been a couple of weeks since I posted anything. We were on a Dreamworks cruise to the Carribbean with our daughters & families (9 of us in all). It was fun..at times a little stressful, but that's always the case with our bunch, lol. I enjoyed it a little too much food wise, and have not gotten back to drinking my water, so the scale is not my friend right now. I wish I could be more like some of my grandkids...they are VERY picky about what they will eat & if nothing suits them, they just won't eat. (This bothers Gma...I think they need nourishment, lol.) The OK gkids will be staying with us for about 2 more weeks, so may not be posting much until we take them home. Hopefully by then, I can say I am back in control of my eating, etc. :)
  • tasleem6
    tasleem6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love the title great way to start
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Hi all...it's been a couple of weeks since I posted anything. We were on a Dreamworks cruise to the Carribbean with our daughters & families (9 of us in all). It was fun..at times a little stressful, but that's always the case with our bunch, lol. I enjoyed it a little too much food wise, and have not gotten back to drinking my water, so the scale is not my friend right now. I wish I could be more like some of my grandkids...they are VERY picky about what they will eat & if nothing suits them, they just won't eat. (This bothers Gma...I think they need nourishment, lol.) The OK gkids will be staying with us for about 2 more weeks, so may not be posting much until we take them home. Hopefully by then, I can say I am back in control of my eating, etc. :)

Sounds like an awesome time! I am a picky eater as are my daughters and grandchildren. I understand the struggle.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,746 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends!

It’s a fantastic day in Michigan. The sun is out and it’s 65 this morning. It’s the perfect day to do yard work, clean up the house and get ready for the weekend. Did I mention that I’m off on Fridays in July? I’m so excited!

Carpe Diem my friends!

<3 Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Here is my little garden patch! <3<3

Here is my updated garden patch.
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Here is my little garden patch! <3<3

Here is my updated garden patch.

I love your little garden! Mine needs to be weeded, but it's been waaaay to hot. Today is perfect, so I will go out after work.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    Options
    Your little garden is doing great! I planted my vegetables way too close together & the rain & heat we are getting..they are getting way too crowded! I have picked about 10 zucchini, had one big meal of green beans (the ones the deer havent eaten, lol), and my tomatoes are going crazy! I have planted tomatoes in pots before so thought I left plenty of room (in the ground this time). Not sure how I will get to the middle to pick them. & our pumpkin patch is solid leaves right now, even though the hills were 5 feet apart.
  • jm216
    Options
    I’ve only harvested spinach so far, but I do think I missed the boat on my cilantro. Everything else is flowering though.

Happy Saturday!
  • jm216
    Options
    Good morning. I wish you a great Sunday! What are your plans for today?
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Scale is up, but it's also my TOM. Being a little dehydrated doesn't help either. I only had 6 or 7 jello shots yesterday, but they were doubles, so I'm paying for it today. My mouth is soooo dry. I think I did well food wise at the party at least!
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!
  • jm216
    Options
    Who needs to hit the restart button with me today?
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    Options
    Me!! I definitely need a restart button!!
  • jm216
    Options
    Me!! I definitely need a restart button!!

I just fight logging my food! I know I need to do it, and when I do, it works.

My goal today is to log everything. What do you struggle with most?
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options

I just fight logging my food! I know I need to do it, and when I do, it works.

My goal today is to log everything. What do you struggle with most?

I log my food in 2 places - MFP and loseit. Every now and then I dream about not logging - but when I get to my computer - I am compelled - LOL.

I struggle with honest logging. Because I do cheat sometimes - and don't log extra things I eat. But, I'm ok with this - because overall I'm still doing good.
  • jm216
    Options
    Have a great Saturday!
    My daughter and I are hitting the thrift store for an outfit for her play.

https://youtu.be/n8aDJL9YtaI
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    Options
    Happy Saturday. Still have the OK gkids with us for another week. Not sure what plans for today. I tend to record all my food everyday, except when without cell service. But I can be "oh well" when I am over my calorie goal. This doesn't help with losing the last 10 or so, but I seem to be able to maintain this way. Hopefully I will get a little more dedicated after we take them home so I can lose this bit of "vacation gain" & then on to where I want to be.
  • jm216
    Options
    Today so far I logged all of my brunch. Feels good to have it recorded. Now I just need to get my water in. Hydrate, my friends!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    I log everything, my struggle is actually being consistent with a healthy intake. I will eat something very high calorie just because I want it.
  • fitandpainfree
    fitandpainfree Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like this thread. Makes me feel better and smile. It's "real" and it's just nice to read the entries and posts.
    I hit a restart button for myself this week. Lost track after my shoulder surgery and being sedentary. Am walking dog daily and "playing soccer" with him outside. (I kick the ball, he chases it, I go get it and kick it again. He loves it. We have a big back yard so I get some steps in.)