Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,749 Member
    Options
    I share my birthday with my Grandson. He will be 7 and I will be 50 this year. Since he has been born, my daughter makes sure I am included in the birthday celebration for him. When he was 4 he had her make two cakes, They were ninja turtles his was the one with the red and mine was the purple because those were our favourite colours. This year I have told him that I think Grammie needs to have an adult party when his ends. He isn't so sure that's a good idea. We always do something together on the actual day besides just the party day. We usually go shopping with our gift cards or birthday money and have dinner or a lunch. My husband doesn't do much for my birthday even though I always do something for him.

It’s cool that you share your birthday with your grandson. That’s such a fun bond that you both have.... he’ll always remember your birthday.

Regarding your husband, buy yourself something nice, wrap it up, and have your husband give it to you.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 Its lovely you share birthdays with your grandson, my mum and my grandson share birthdays :smile:
    and like your hubby, mine is similar - he is great at taking me out for a meal/treat but he's not into surprise gifts. Mind you for once he did arrive home with flowers and chocolates on Wednesday night for me, THAT was a surprise :smiley:

And yes snowflake you do need an adult party! insist on that this year :smile:

Have a great weekend everyone, I'll not be around now until Tuesday.
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Friday friends,

My daughter just graduated from 8th grade <3
    Now I have a Freshman and a Senior in high school. We need to slow things down a bit!

What are you doing today? This weekend?

Ruth... enjoy your long weekend!

<3 Jill
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Aww congrats to your daughter :smile: will you guys celebrate?
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,743 Member
    Options
    Today I am in the office by myself. This weekend I think I have to do some planting of flowers my husband insists on us having. Sunday I will have the Grands visiting for the day. It's an every Sunday event.

Have a great long weekend Ruth.

Jill, time goes so fast doesn't it? The babysitter I had for my girls when they were young has a son graduating next week. It's hard to believe! She started babysitting for me when she was in grade 9
  • 3DCAKE
    3DCAKE Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello All, Happy Friday! Loving the title of the thread so had to come check it out! :) Hope you are tracking it, Counting it, Moving it & Losing it!!!!
    Please add me if you like. I am on here almost everyday.
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I went through and read all of this thread so I can finally comment. My name is Heather, I've done MFP a few times, but this time I'm sticking with it. I've lost 16 pounds in 3 months so far, and I'm 14 pounds away from where I quit last time. I'm 31, I work at a library as a reference clerk, and I've been married for 3 years. My husband is so supportive, and I'm really going to stick to it this time! Anyone can feel free to add me

My goal right now is to lose 50 pounds, then evaluate everything. I want to start a family with my husband, but I didn't want to do it at 300 pounds, it would be high risk for both of us. (plus I'm at high risk for Multiples...) But I don't want to put it off until I lose 100, I'm scared of starting a family so late. I know they say it's ok, but we want to have 2 children, and If I have #1 at 32, and then wait a little while to have #2, i'm worried about the increase chances of complications and medical conditions when you're closer to 40.

I try to go to the gym 4 times a week, I don't always hit that, but then I'll go 5 times like I did this week to make up for it. I log everything, and my fitbit brings my exercise calories over. I do a weight machine routine, and cardio. Today I am allowing myself to go over cal, then going to the gym for the 6th time this week tomorrow and back to the normal calorie amount. I try to stick in the 1500 to 1800 range.
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome 3D and Moodybear!

We’re so happy to have you both here. <3 congratulations on your journeys so far, and we’re glad you’ve joined us!!

<3 Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    I hope everyone has a fun and relaxing Sunday! B)
  • jm216
    Options
    Here is my little garden patch! <3<3
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Ooooh....so cute! ;):) If it quits raining, I will take a picture of my garden here at the house (8x10 approx). I have tomatoes, green beans, a few potatoes & zucchini. I will take a picture of pumpkin patch next time we go out there. Oh yeah..I also have 1 watermelon plant! Also started some horseradish last year, and starting some asparagus & rhubarb this year, but don't need to do anything with them except scare away the rabbits! (not doing a very good job of that!)
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm celebrating here today. Today is the first year anniversary of my current weight loss effort (yes, there have been many times before). My goal was one pound a week and I was really cutting it close. I was elated to get on the scale this morning and be down a total of 53.1 pounds. Even better was celebrating with my doctor for my check up and discovered the effort is reflected dramatically in my A1C down to 6 from a high of 8.1 and in my cholesterol and triglyceride numbers. She asked me if I thought I could do this the rest of my life. My answer, YES! I sincerely hope I never have to look back again and wonder what happened.uztl374c4zux.jpgd9r7s22uscrx.jpg

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    I'm celebrating here today. Today is the first year anniversary of my current weight loss effort (yes, there have been many times before). My goal was one pound a week and I was really cutting it close. I was elated to get on the scale this morning and be down a total of 53.1 pounds. Even better was celebrating with my doctor for my check up and discovered the effort is reflected dramatically in my A1C down to 6 from a high of 8.1 and in my cholesterol and triglyceride numbers. She asked me if I thought I could do this the rest of my life. My answer, YES! I sincerely hope I never have to look back again and wonder what happened.uztl374c4zux.jpgd9r7s22uscrx.jpg

Congratulations! You met your goal! That is awesome!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great weekend. I find it hard to keep up with MFP message boards on the weekend. I use an ipad and iphone at home and find it tiring typing on them for long posts.

I personally had a great weekend. On Saturday I was at my 7th of 8 swimming lesson. I am taking lessons at almost 50 because when I was around 8 I was held under in a deep end by two boys thinking they were being funny. I haven't been in a deep end since and was very afraid. On Saturday, I jumped into the deep end 3 or 4 times with no floatation devices. I still struggle getting my breath properly when I swim, but I was able to overcome my biggest fear when it comes to swimming.

Ended up not planting anything this weekend, have to get that done this weekend or my plants will die in the pots they are in.

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I went through and read all of this thread so I can finally comment. My name is Heather, I've done MFP a few times, but this time I'm sticking with it. I've lost 16 pounds in 3 months so far, and I'm 14 pounds away from where I quit last time. I'm 31, I work at a library as a reference clerk, and I've been married for 3 years. My husband is so supportive, and I'm really going to stick to it this time! Anyone can feel free to add me

My goal right now is to lose 50 pounds, then evaluate everything. I want to start a family with my husband, but I didn't want to do it at 300 pounds, it would be high risk for both of us. (plus I'm at high risk for Multiples...) But I don't want to put it off until I lose 100, I'm scared of starting a family so late. I know they say it's ok, but we want to have 2 children, and If I have #1 at 32, and then wait a little while to have #2, i'm worried about the increase chances of complications and medical conditions when you're closer to 40.

I try to go to the gym 4 times a week, I don't always hit that, but then I'll go 5 times like I did this week to make up for it. I log everything, and my fitbit brings my exercise calories over. I do a weight machine routine, and cardio. Today I am allowing myself to go over cal, then going to the gym for the 6th time this week tomorrow and back to the normal calorie amount. I try to stick in the 1500 to 1800 range.

I had my first at 36 and my 2nd at 38 - you have a bit of time to get to a weight where you feel happier coping with pregnancy :)
  • runbowlfish
    runbowlfish Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a 56yo male, 5'11" tall.

So, counting calories including exercise totally works for me. I love numbers. I love hitting or besting numbers. I am highly detail oriented. I work best with visible quantifiable data on my progress and goals. This site/app works great for me.

In 2012 I used MFP for the first time. Lost over 50 lbs over 9 months. Eventually able to run a full marathon and do a triathlon. Couldn't have done it without MFP. Got burned out on the exercise part of things by 2014, quit exercising and counting calories, began life of eating what i wanted when i wanted.

Fast forward to 5 weeks ago. Had gained 65 lbs over my 2013 weight. Clothing did not fit, difficulty tying my shoes lol, out of breath climbing a few stairs, people would pat/poke my 'boiler'.....I had finally, again, had enough.

Immediate goals.....run/complete a 10k by July, consistent weight loss. Longer term goals....run faster 10k's, be a much healthier me by November college reunion. End goals......periodically run 10k's, hit weight in the 170's (total weight loss of 50+ pounds) and maintain it (make counting calories and regular exercise a "lifestyle").

I know I'll hit my goals, health permitting. I don't sweat an occasional splurge day or even a poor week. MFP is the tool that enables me to focus and be encouraged by progress made.

I wish all of you the best of luck in your fitness journeys, and that through whatever means that work for you achieve the healthier you that you know is within you........just waiting to emerge.

Let's do it!!!
  • tmetoyer123
    tmetoyer123 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    :)
  • moodybear2003
    Options
    Yesterday I was more under calorie than normal, and I felt some hunger later in the night, but didn't eat any more. I've been hungry ALL DAY today, and I'm closer to my normal cal amount. I just hate feeling hungry, it makes me just crazy. I'm going to go find a low cal snack so I don't grab ice cream. They say it gets easier, and if so, I can't wait for that to happen
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was more under calorie than normal, and I felt some hunger later in the night, but didn't eat any more. I've been hungry ALL DAY today, and I'm closer to my normal cal amount. I just hate feeling hungry, it makes me just crazy. I'm going to go find a low cal snack so I don't grab ice cream. They say it gets easier, and if so, I can't wait for that to happen

Air popped popcorn is a good, low calorie option for me. I'll even add a teeny drizzle of honey to give it something for some salt to stick to. You can eat a lot of popcorn for under 100 calories.

I've decided it's things with fiber that help fill me up. If you have more room, I like using Kashi Go Leans Original cereal with unsweetened Almond Milk. This is just a little over 200 calories, very satisfying and there is a slighty sweet taste to satisfy your desire for something sweet.

If you don't have even 50 calories, letting a Hershey's kiss slowly melt on your tongue is pretty pleasing, too.

Good luck in finding what works for you.
  • moodybear2003
    Options
    @thelifeilove1 I had a Siggi vanilla yogurt, it was 110 cal, and it's very thick, so I ate slowly and I feel much better. I like popcorn, but we don't keep any in the house since my hubby can't have it(but like to sneak it! He had his colon and part of the sm intestine removed, so stuff like that is too rough on him)