Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Hope you all had a nice weekend!
    Tomorrow starts the last week of school for my kids before Summer Break. My son has finals and then takes the ACT test...on Saturday morning. :#
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone, its the start of a new week :smile:

I bought a pair of gorgeous white trousers off ebay, they are a tad small, but it was a no return sale ...anyway, that was a few weeks ago, I tried them on last night and now they're just 1/2" away from fitting - there was at least 1" a fortnight ago so I'm taking this as a good sign.... 3 1/2 weeks until next holiday and my aim is to fit them then! wish me luck! :smile:

I'm doing great at staying away from sugary snacks, this is week 3 of that and the urge to have them has now gone so it's getting easier.

Jill your kids are going to be off school already, it seems early. Hope your son gets on ok with his tests.

Have a good day ladies :smile:
  • jm216
    Options
    Morning everyone, its the start of a new week :smile:

I bought a pair of gorgeous white trousers off ebay, they are a tad small, but it was a no return sale ...anyway, that was a few weeks ago, I tried them on last night and now they're just 1/2" away from fitting - there was at least 1" a fortnight ago so I'm taking this as a good sign.... 3 1/2 weeks until next holiday and my aim is to fit them then! wish me luck! :smile:

I'm doing great at staying away from sugary snacks, this is week 3 of that and the urge to have them has now gone so it's getting easier.

Jill your kids are going to be off school already, it seems early. Hope your son gets on ok with his tests.

Have a good day ladies :smile:

Way to go Ruth!! You are amazing and you look amazing!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Aww thanks Jill, I am certainly not amazing but I am committed.

Hope everyone had a good day, time for bed for me on this side of the pond.

G'night
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Ps it's been quiet in the group recently, hope the others come back and say hi.
  • jm216
    Options
    It would be nice to see some of our friends pop in... and new friends are always welcome!

I have 1 more day of work, then it’s time to spend the day at Cedar Point amusement park in Ohio with my daughter and her friends on their 8th grade trip. I can’t wait to see how many steps I get in! Plus, Cedar Point is where I met my husband 24 years ago. <3
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm here..not too much going on in my world, lol. I try to walk for exercise, but today we went out to our pumpkin patch. Didn't get as much walking done as I like, but weeded & hoed for at least 1 1/2 hr. (We have about 30 hills of pumpkins & 30 of gourds.) We have planted them for about 6 years or so...but think hubby overdid the seed ordering this year, lol. We mainly grow them for the grandkids, and if enough of them we give them to neighbors, church, friends, etc. Last year was terrible..no rain, so didn't even get enough for grandkids. Hopefully this year will be better! Our land is near where we used to live..it is the land from the farm where hubby grew up. Anyway, they are widening the highway so it looks very different. Think it bothers him to see how it is changing.

By the way, the white pants look great, Ruth!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @jm216 your plans to visit the amusement park will be fun and bring back lovely memories I'm sure - enjoy :smile:

@RetiredAndLovingIt your pumpkin patch as you call it sounds huge! A lot of work but it should be rewarding- hoping you guys have a good harvest this year.

As for change, it's always happening and not much we can do about it... not so nice when it's the landscape that's changing though.

Happy Tuesday everyone :smile:

This is my birthday 'week' :smiley: today is the first of my outings and that's this afternoon with my friend for lunch out and a sea front walk.

Have a great day all. :smile:

Ruth

• jm216
    Options
    Happy Birth week Ruth!! <3

Glad that you’re spending time with your friend and taking a gorgeous walk by the sea!

Retired,
    We’d like to see a picture of your pumpkin patch!
    I’ll show you a picture of my mini garden. As we speak, my daughter McKenna is painting some garden rocks for me.... so I don’t forget what I planted.

We all have so much in common!

Jill
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,744 Member
    Options
    Ps it's been quiet in the group recently, hope the others come back and say hi.

It has been very quiet!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Happy Birthweek! I have never celebrated a whole week but it sounds like a lot of fun!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    It would be nice to see some of our friends pop in... and new friends are always welcome!

I have 1 more day of work, then it’s time to spend the day at Cedar Point amusement park in Ohio with my daughter and her friends on their 8th grade trip. I can’t wait to see how many steps I get in! Plus, Cedar Point is where I met my husband 24 years ago. <3

How nice to be able to go back to where you met. The place my husband and I met no longer exists, it's now just a parking lot :(
  • jm216
    Options
    Snowflake,

I think you should grab some sidewalk chalk, and do the classic heart shape with your initials in it!
    Let the world know where you both met! <3
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Jill..my daughter & her kids planted their first garden & they painted rocks, too, to mark the rows! Yes, the pumpkin patch is huge..not sure what hubby was thinking, lol. Right now not much to see, just planted Memorial Day weekend, so just starting to sprout.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Good morning and happy hump day ladies :smile:

I'll look forward to seeing photos of you gals gardens/veg patches at some point :smile:

I like Jill's idea for you Snowflake :smile: my hubby and I met at a youth weekend in County Fermanagh, after that we were practically joined at the hip LOL, love at first sight basically.

as for a birthday week of celebrations, I figure one day isn't enough :smiley: and I do the same for my hubby, when his comes around we will have several outings planned, sometimes an over night stay. I think I'm getting to celebrate more now as my DIL and I share the same birthday, she is 30 this year. So we've planned a weekend away in Belfast :smile:
  • jm216
    Options
    Belfast sounds like fun! It’s nice that you enjoy sharing your birthdays! We like the week long celebrations, too.
  • jm216
    Options
    Yesterday was so much fun with my daughter!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    wow Jill! that was a LOT of steps! go you :smiley: and that it was fun, even better :smiley:

Happy Thursday everyone, I'm on a half day and the sun is shining so I am going to catch some 'rays and chill this afternoon instead of doing housework! that can wait until tomorrow...or the next day :smiley:
  • jm216
    Options
    Today is a Carpe Diem kind of day...I totally agree with you Ruth...as usual.
    I ate some pizza and a funnel cake yesterday, and lost weight today. It felt so good to walk around with my daughter and go on crazy rides!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I share my birthday with my Grandson. He will be 7 and I will be 50 this year. Since he has been born, my daughter makes sure I am included in the birthday celebration for him. When he was 4 he had her make two cakes, They were ninja turtles his was the one with the red and mine was the purple because those were our favourite colours. This year I have told him that I think Grammie needs to have an adult party when his ends. He isn't so sure that's a good idea. We always do something together on the actual day besides just the party day. We usually go shopping with our gift cards or birthday money and have dinner or a lunch. My husband doesn't do much for my birthday even though I always do something for him.