Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• mihalickjoanne
    mihalickjoanne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I’m doing the same in our family but both my husband and I are skipping the pizza. Im very lucky to be able to share this experience with him. The other night he and I made a gorgeous salad for dinner and truly enjoyed it. It’s not that fun alone
  • mihalickjoanne
    mihalickjoanne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It’s been two months and down 17 pounds!
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,787 Member
    Options

That is so awesome!!! I’m glad you and your hubby are working together at this. So proud of you both!
  • jm216
    Options
    I hope you all have a relaxing Sunday.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options

wow! what fantastic progress, that's terrific :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    No on the wedding..my hubby is so bored with everything Royal Wedding..and I guess I am, too, lol. Did my walk & had breakfast, now I need to get off the computer & do something. I can get so wrapped up in the boards here that time slips away. ;):/

^^ same here, its been Royal this and that all week and I got fed up with it all... I did have a sneaky peak at Meghan's dress and also Kate's and a few others but that was enough for me.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I like to see the flowers, too, but I am also the one to take care of them, so by mid summer they usually look pretty sad, lol. I do like to do crafts..we have tables at several craft shows. I do fabric work, doll clothes, & machine embroidered things. I can also knit, crochet, & cross stitch. One thing I would love to do, but absolutely can't is painting. (no talent there!) My hubby makes small wood things..banks, trunks, some scroll saw work. Unfortunately sitting doing crafts doesn't burn very many calories. :'(

I think I have seen pictures of your grandson, Ruth, and he is adorable. My grandkids are 7,8,9, & 11. I kinda miss the baby stage.

You really sound very 'crafty' indeed :smiley: that's a lot of different things you CAN do! :smile:
    You are blessed to have 4 grandkids :smiley:
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Yes we are blessed! We lived 100 miles from one daughter & family & 500 from the other, so last summer we moved & are now about 10 minutes from the one & 400 miles from the other. Kinda hard to do after being there pretty much all our lives, & now we are in a big city (small town before), but I do enjoy being closer. And since we go to the daughter in OK every few months, it has made it easier, too. Heading out to 8 yr old grandson's flag football game in a bit. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @RetiredAndLovingIt I can understand why you moved, at least you're near one of the family. Distance is hard. I'm blessed ours only live 10 miles away.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Good morning Tracker/counter/movers :smile:

Its just under 6 weeks until our next holiday yippee...my plan is to eat at deficit for the next 6 weeks and lose a few extra pounds so on vacation I don't have to worry about coming home any heavier than I currently am.
    So my plan is to cut out my usual evening snack and save 150 cals per day. That will be enough to see 2lbs gone before 1st July.

Have a great week all :smile:

Ruth
  • jgnickel
    jgnickel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good Morining! I had a long weekend of painting cabinets and staining shelves. we are in the third year of a "down to the studs" remodel and I'm ready to be done. I am glad that it's the basement I'm working on which is my craft room/canning kitchen/gym. If it would only finish itself.

I live in Alaska, so flowers have not even started showing up. I miss my gardens, until the remodel is done I can't get them set up. I MIGHT set up some pots, just so I have something to do outside.

• jm216
    Options
    Way to plan it out Ruth!

Welcome JG! We’re glad to have you. I may be dating myself here.... 48..... but do you remember having a Pen Pal? Our discussion thread is like one happy Pen Pal Party.... and you don’t have to wait 2 weeks for a response!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Welcome to the group @Jbnickel

Your remodel work will be a great job when its complete, to think you'll have that extra space for things you love doing :smile:

Its lovely to have someone from Alaska in the group, has it started warming up yet at all? I take it you have longer days of daylight currently like us here in Ireland, it doesn't get dark until just after 10 and the days are still lengthening.

I had a great day yesterday, I stuck to just over 1500 calories which is low for me and I'm feeling very motivated to keep on doing that.

@jm216 I like how you put it, yes this group is like having a bunch a great pen pals and its lovely that each day when I check in I get updated from these lovely pen pals :smile:

Happy Tuesday everyone :smile:
  • yenny58
    yenny58 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I'm new to this group, but not to the weight loss journey! I have been looking for a place to help me finish my race and enter maintenance. As I read through your posts it's so great to see your support and encouragement to each other!

I started back in March of 2004 at 268 pound, I lost 50 pounds in 5 months and maintained that loss. Over the years I have yo-yoed from 217-204. I want to finish this race! You seem like a great group to do that with. I'm currently 217, and I just want to get into one-derland lol! I'm 42 years old with a husband of 22 years. We have 3 daughters, ages 20, 17, and, 13. Thank you for letting me share! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all more, and support you all along your journey!

Jenny
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Hi @yenny58 welcome to the group Jenny :smile: the more the merrier. We'd love to have your participation, that's what this place is all about, sharing the ups and downs of weight loss and weight maintenance.

If you want to make sure you don't miss any new postings here remember to tap/click on the star at top right of the thread so it becomes a favourites. If you're using the app then you'll see the notification that there are new comments.

Well done on your weight loss so far - you're not too far away from Onederland so make that a goal for yourself. Sometimes we just have to renew our goals and then commit to sticking to it and seeing it through. If you plan to log in here every day and that means logging your meals and of course coming to chat with us gals here, I think you'll find that will help spur you on.

Ruth

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I agree with Ruth...you are not that far from Onederland!! Keep going, I know you can do it! @jgnickel, it is so fun to have a dedicated sewing, craft area...I need to be using mine more, lol. I really like the idea that we are all penpals, too. I have a kind of penpal in IRL..we had an exchange student from Sweden with us for my daughters junior year. It was great fun, and we still keep in touch. By the way, I am Judy. Have a great day all.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,799 Member
    Options
    I’m doing the same in our family but both my husband and I are skipping the pizza. Im very lucky to be able to share this experience with him. The other night he and I made a gorgeous salad for dinner and truly enjoyed it. It’s not that fun alone

My husband is going along for the ride 90% of the time, not consciously but I'm not cooking different meals everyday LOL
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,799 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I had a very active weekend and didn't eat the healthiest, although in total for the three days I was only over calories in total by 59. Not bad at all really. I'm need to go back and look at the actual food though because I don't feel well at all today. Maybe it's just no real rest in three days. I think I may leave work and go have a nap. Then I need to do a couple sample paintings for the paint night I'm leading on Friday.
  • jm216
    Options
    I had a very active weekend and didn't eat the healthiest, although in total for the three days I was only over calories in total by 59. Not bad at all really. I'm need to go back and look at the actual food though because I don't feel well at all today. Maybe it's just no real rest in three days. I think I may leave work and go have a nap. Then I need to do a couple sample paintings for the paint night I'm leading on Friday.

That sounds like fun! Both the napping and the painting. ;) I love taking power naps on my lunch break.
  • Renonelarock
    Renonelarock Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I had a glutinous weekend, sat Sunday and kind of Monday