Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic desk, I was wondering about the upheaval of moving the old desk but from what I can see it would be possible to add a higher part to the desk so it could be used for both - that's terrific. Thanks for sharing.

I'm for the med on a cruise, we will visit Gibraltar, Cannes, Marseille, Barcelona, Palma Majorca, Lisborn and Vigo :smiley: Really looking forward to it. :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    ps Keep dancing Jill :smiley:
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,787 Member
    Options

Can't stop...won't stop. I used to tell everyone that I wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer in the 1970's. This is how I imagine myself dancing at my desk. :D
    https://youtu.be/AQuZpp3G6ck

• jm216
    Options
    That's a fantastic desk, I was wondering about the upheaval of moving the old desk but from what I can see it would be possible to add a higher part to the desk so it could be used for both - that's terrific. Thanks for sharing.

I'm for the med on a cruise, we will visit Gibraltar, Cannes, Marseille, Barcelona, Palma Majorca, Lisborn and Vigo :smiley: Really looking forward to it. :smile:

We're so excited for you! Have a great cruise, and then tell us all about it when you get back! <3
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Those gals are very bendy LOL, I wish I could do that but I am in no way bendy.

Thanks, I will report back on our return :smile:
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    The desk set up looks great, Jill!

I am almost at 18 pounds lost. I've been itching to drop into the next decade for weeks, it's been very slow going with the losses. I need a whoosh week.

My Chiropractor and massage therapist at his office both commented on my weight loss, progress and how my muscles feel better since working out at the gym. I haven't had pain from my pinched nerve in over a month. I've been in maintenance for almost a year, and up til recently, I would have like 2 to 3 weeks of little to no pain, then the last week, right before my next appointment, I would feel so terrible I couldn't WAIT to get to his office. My Midback and neck still have a ways to come, but I'm so excited to be rid of this low back pain!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    18lbs lost @moodybear2003 is terrific and its no wonder people are noticing. Hoop you see that next decade soon.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Here is my new desk set up. <3
    Today is day 2 with it. Since my keyboard and mouse are wireless, I can move them to my lower desk if I need to sit.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, this is stuff I already had at work.

One of the benefits/downfalls of this desk is that I tend to dance when I stand... because I have to listen to music... for sanity purposes. I don’t like it if it’s too quiet. I just have to keep my amazing dance moves in check when other people are around. :D

Jill

I love that, what a great idea. I have music on all day as well, can't stand the quiet. I stand up and dance or move around when I'm reading documents or MFP blogs.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »

Can't stop...won't stop. I used to tell everyone that I wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer in the 1970's. This is how I imagine myself dancing at my desk. :D
    https://youtu.be/AQuZpp3G6ck

LOL I loved that show
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    The desk set up looks great, Jill!

I am almost at 18 pounds lost. I've been itching to drop into the next decade for weeks, it's been very slow going with the losses. I need a whoosh week.

My Chiropractor and massage therapist at his office both commented on my weight loss, progress and how my muscles feel better since working out at the gym. I haven't had pain from my pinched nerve in over a month. I've been in maintenance for almost a year, and up til recently, I would have like 2 to 3 weeks of little to no pain, then the last week, right before my next appointment, I would feel so terrible I couldn't WAIT to get to his office. My Midback and neck still have a ways to come, but I'm so excited to be rid of this low back pain!

18 pounds is a great loss - I am around 15 and seem to be hovering forever to lose anymore.
  • jm216
    Options
    Hope you all had a great weekend! Why does it always go by so fast??

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Good morning friends,

Today it’s time to get back to track it, count it, move it and lose it.

Today’s weight is: 221.8
    Today’s goal: walk Roxie 2 times today for a total of 30 minutes. Eat more fruits and veggies. Complete logging today’s food and exercise.

I’ve got to get back to basics. What are your goals for today or this week?

<3 Jill
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Hello ... I'm Allison. I'd like to try posting here. I have 17 pounds to go to my goal weight.

Yeah - the weekend does go by fast - even this month - can't believe June is almost over.

My goals for this week are to start my yoga practice again, get back into some of my hobbies, find some new healthy recipes.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi everyone, the weekend does indeed go past far too quickly :/ Hope everyone had a good one.

I'm not sure if anyone remembers but I mentioned buying new trousers/pants about a month ago but they didn't fit/wouldn't close - well they do now :smiley: there was at least 1 inch of a gap in the closure before and none now. Very happy bunny here :smile: and it just goes to show what we can do when we put our mind to it :smile:

Hi Allison good to have you here too :smile: how much have you lost so far? hope those 17lbs will soon be history too although the last lbs seem to take the longest.

Ruth

ps thats the trousers on in my profile pic.
  • allison8668
    Options
    Hi Ruth ! Great NSV - having your trousers fit properly now ! Congrats, they look awesome :smiley:

I've lost 88 pounds since Aug 2014. I started at 255, now I'm 167. Never thought I'd be in the 160's again. It's been soooooooo long - LOL.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    oh wow!! 88 lbs is a huge achievement - well done :smile: You've done brilliantly.
    It does take much longer than we ever think to get to a healthy weight but you stuck with it and are on the home straight :smile:
    I think its hard to stay motivated over a long period of time. that's why some people do a diet break and eat at maintenance calories every now and again. Keep up the great work :smile:
  • allison8668
    Options
    Thanks Ruth.

And, yeah, I usually eat low for 4 to 7 days, then take a maintenance break for a day or 2. It's a good strategy. I also look back at my weight loss history chart - because, for some reason - I always "forget" that I lost weight for the previous month. If I don't lose for a week or 2 - which is probably due to water retention - I start feeling like a failure, like I haven't lost any weight - EVER ! It's so funny how our minds are our own worst enemies. LOL.

I read back in the thread and saw you've been keeping 30 off for about 5 years ! Well done to you! And, you've lost more recently. Do you still count calories ? I feel as if I'm going to be doing it forever. I look at a meal, and start calculating in my head how many calories it probably has.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @allison8668 For sure looking at trends/charts of your diet history is a great motivation - we can be quick to forget our losses and feel we're getting nowhere.

Ahh thanks :) , yes I'm in maintenance for 5 years, was happy at 9 1/2 stone/133lbs (I'm 5 ft 2) but then this past few years ended up dropping another 10lbs or thereabouts - that coincidentally happened after I got rid of my fitbit. It seemed I was too reliant on its figures and was eating back too many calories.

I don't log my food any more but I could tell anyone very accurately every single day what my calorie consumption is (I average at maintenance around 1950 cals a day but recently with trying to shed a few pounds before the holiday I have been averaging 1600-1700) I have all the calories for every food item locked in my brain LOL. I still weigh things like pasta/rice/cereal.

I think its a good idea to have a general calorie amount for a meal - that will stand you in good stead. It makes the difference between deciding whether to have that piece of cake or not imo.

I also think its important to keep stepping on the scales, that way any weight creep can be caught in the bud.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Had a very busy weekend, we built and planted a flower bed. 10 Feet Long and 3 feet wide. That was my only exercise all weekend! I am sunburned and exhausted today. I still have two trays of plants that I need to find a spot for, but will do that tonight so that it's all done! I have to go buy a couple more pots today. py2cx282vng8.jpg
    8bqijjr5jft8.jpg
    wyh1tt20lnm3.jpg
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @snowflake1968 your garden is looking lovely :smile: its quite the workout!