Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,787 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that we're the encouraging forum and not the meanie forum. :)
    Isn't it so much better to help someone up than to push them down?

I hope you're all having a fantastic Friday.

On my lunch break today, I went home an started planting flowers... I love to dig in the dirt so much. <3
    What is your favorite hobby/activity?

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Ok...Today is pizza Friday in my house. My new strategy...a large delicious salad with cucumbers and tomatoes and 1 slice of pizza. I'll let you know how it goes. :D
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,799 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »

On my lunch break today, I went home an started planting flowers... I love to dig in the dirt so much. <3

Jill

My husband keeps trying to make a gardener out of me, it hasn't worked yet. He likes seeing the flowers but expects me to take care of them. I scrapbook and make cards, I also do some painting. Last Fall my husband and I started a little "crafty" thing to raise some money for Christmas. He woodburned wood slices, my daughter and I painted them and then sold them at craft fairs. It paid for Christmas last year for us. I just signed us up for the first craft fair this year about half an hour ago. We'll have to get back to work!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Ok...Today is pizza Friday in my house. My new strategy...a large delicious salad with cucumbers and tomatoes and 1 slice of pizza. I'll let you know how it goes. :D

That sounds like a great strategy. I totally just ruined my day by having a McDonald's chicken nugget meal for lunch. If I want to eat at all the rest of the day, I have to get out and earn it.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

This is my strategy too so I hope it worked well for you.

My hobbies...
    Baking and cooking is my main hobby - I love sussing new recipes both sweet and savoury. Although my tastes now are more savoury, my family enjoys the sweeter things.

I also love to walk - don't get as much free time to do that as I used to but I live in hope of life getting less busier....hmmm!

And of course my favourite pastime...spending time with our precious grandbaby- he's a gift from God for sure. I'm not sure I've shared before but he was born with Hydrocephalus, had surgery at 5 days old when they inserted a permanent shunt in his head. We were told this would be wrong with him and that - and he keeps defying the odds and is hitting each stage of doing things as he should - apart from being able to sit up unaided...but he has been making great strides this past two weeks so although a 'normal' baby would be sitting up long before 8 months Harris will get there eventually. You see he's our little miracle :smile: sorry for the essay!!!

Have you gals a wonderful weekend, make the most of it :smile:

Ruth <3
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options

That sounds like a great strategy. I totally just ruined my day by having a McDonald's chicken nugget meal for lunch. If I want to eat at all the rest of the day, I have to get out and earn it.

Hope by now you were able to burn some extra cals off. But I'm sure those Macnuggets were enjoyed. :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options

Jill

My husband keeps trying to make a gardener out of me, it hasn't worked yet. He likes seeing the flowers but expects me to take care of them. I scrapbook and make cards, I also do some painting. Last Fall my husband and I started a little "crafty" thing to raise some money for Christmas. He woodburned wood slices, my daughter and I painted them and then sold them at craft fairs. It paid for Christmas last year for us. I just signed us up for the first craft fair this year about half an hour ago. We'll have to get back to work!

I love the idea of your painted wood slices! :smile:
    And as for gardening, I think we are either in to it or we're not - your craft work would be a more pleasant pastime :smiley:
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I like to see the flowers, too, but I am also the one to take care of them, so by mid summer they usually look pretty sad, lol. I do like to do crafts..we have tables at several craft shows. I do fabric work, doll clothes, & machine embroidered things. I can also knit, crochet, & cross stitch. One thing I would love to do, but absolutely can't is painting. (no talent there!) My hubby makes small wood things..banks, trunks, some scroll saw work. Unfortunately sitting doing crafts doesn't burn very many calories. :'(

I think I have seen pictures of your grandson, Ruth, and he is adorable. My grandkids are 7,8,9, & 11. I kinda miss the baby stage.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

Hope by now you were able to burn some extra cals off. But I'm sure those Macnuggets were enjoyed. :smile:

I did, I’ve had supper and went for a long walk. 400 calories now, so lots of room for my evening snack
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options

I don't personally feel like I need to earn food. We all have slip ups, and that's just part of life. You just get back on track the next meal. Hopefully you enjoyed your meal. :) Tomorrow is a new day! :smile:
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    Options
    I had a fun little non scale victory today, two, really! It all started with my weigh-in this morning. The scale is up 0.4 pounds. A few weeks ago, this would have irritated me. But today, it's no big thing! This past week, I had anniversary and Mother's Day, and I enjoyed those. I was on track with calories Monday through today. I got a couple of walks in this week. I ate balanced meals. Overall, I think it was a really good week! Even if the scale is up a tiny smidge! I had set a goal of getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night this week, but fell short every night. I got between 6:30-6:45 minutes of sleep a night. Which could be a contributor.
    The other thing that made me happy was a thought I had this morning that totally caught me by surprise! I was getting myself ready for work, putting my hair up, when all of the sudden I think "Wow, my arms are looking great!" Which was surprising because my mind does not typically go there. The first thought is usually to criticize. But today, I didn't. And that's a win!
  • jm216
    Options

Jill

I love how you made crafting a fun family event! We started hosting craft shows 3 years ago at our high school, and it’s so much fun to coordinate! Happy crafting!
  • jm216
    Options

The salad thing didn’t work out yesterday, but today is a new dAy!

This is my strategy too so I hope it worked well for you.

My hobbies...
    Baking and cooking is my main hobby - I love sussing new recipes both sweet and savoury. Although my tastes now are more savoury, my family enjoys the sweeter things.

I also love to walk - don't get as much free time to do that as I used to but I live in hope of life getting less busier....hmmm!

And of course my favourite pastime...spending time with our precious grandbaby- he's a gift from God for sure. I'm not sure I've shared before but he was born with Hydrocephalus, had surgery at 5 days old when they inserted a permanent shunt in his head. We were told this would be wrong with him and that - and he keeps defying the odds and is hitting each stage of doing things as he should - apart from being able to sit up unaided...but he has been making great strides this past two weeks so although a 'normal' baby would be sitting up long before 8 months Harris will get there eventually. You see he's our little miracle :smile: sorry for the essay!!!

Have you gals a wonderful weekend, make the most of it :smile:

Ruth <3

Your grandson is absolutely adorable! We love that your such a proud grandma!
  • jm216
    Options
    I like to see the flowers, too, but I am also the one to take care of them, so by mid summer they usually look pretty sad, lol. I do like to do crafts..we have tables at several craft shows. I do fabric work, doll clothes, & machine embroidered things. I can also knit, crochet, & cross stitch. One thing I would love to do, but absolutely can't is painting. (no talent there!) My hubby makes small wood things..banks, trunks, some scroll saw work. Unfortunately sitting doing crafts doesn't burn very many calories. :'(

I think I have seen pictures of your grandson, Ruth, and he is adorable. My grandkids are 7,8,9, & 11. I kinda miss the baby stage.

I love that you’re a crafter too! I have a combo craft room and kids study room, but unfortunately my mess has taken over in there. My kids are 13 and 17... so right now they need the space more than I do, so I’d better clean up my act!
  • jm216
    Options
    I had a fun little non scale victory today, two, really! It all started with my weigh-in this morning. The scale is up 0.4 pounds. A few weeks ago, this would have irritated me. But today, it's no big thing! This past week, I had anniversary and Mother's Day, and I enjoyed those. I was on track with calories Monday through today. I got a couple of walks in this week. I ate balanced meals. Overall, I think it was a really good week! Even if the scale is up a tiny smidge! I had set a goal of getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night this week, but fell short every night. I got between 6:30-6:45 minutes of sleep a night. Which could be a contributor.
    The other thing that made me happy was a thought I had this morning that totally caught me by surprise! I was getting myself ready for work, putting my hair up, when all of the sudden I think "Wow, my arms are looking great!" Which was surprising because my mind does not typically go there. The first thought is usually to criticize. But today, I didn't. And that's a win!

Way to go on appreciating your awesomeness and giving yourself praise! I love that you’re looking at the big picture of all of the great things you’re doing, and that you realize that the goal. The scale will catch up.
  • jm216
    Options
    I hope you all have a great Saturday. Enjoy your day. <3
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    Options
    Happy Saturday! I am hoping to get some housework done and grocery shopping, plus I want to think of something fun to do too! What are you up to?
  • jm216
    Options
    Did you watch the Royal wedding?
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    No on the wedding..my hubby is so bored with everything Royal Wedding..and I guess I am, too, lol. Did my walk & had breakfast, now I need to get off the computer & do something. I can get so wrapped up in the boards here that time slips away. ;):/
  • mihalickjoanne
    mihalickjoanne Posts: 37 Member
    Options