Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Wow!
    Welcome to all of our new friends!! :)
    I’ve just popped back in after a few days and is so amazing to see you all, and to read your posts. I just started reading them all... and I just had to say that we’re glad you’re here to share this journey together. <3

Jill
  • jgnickel
    jgnickel Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well I'm back after a few weeks away. I'm still logging, still holding steady on my weight (whew, I was worried about being on vacation). Time to change things up and kick start the loss again. I went to Boise for a week to watch my daughter compete in a body building competition (she is my inspiration). She did well, 1st in figure and 2nd in bikini. I am amazed at the pure determination the competitors have. If I could muster even a smidge of that motivation...
    Alaska has finally decided to have summer. Flowers are coming out and everything is beautiful again. My favorite time of year here. Nice comfortable temp around 60 F. The tourists will be invading my city soon. The salmon will be running and everyone is out for "the big one"
    I Hope everyone is doing well!
    I've attached a few pics of my daughter competing. I hope they show ok (I tried reducing the size, they were giant!)

lipganj4qjqp.jpg
    cc4erto9gebr.jpg

• jm216
    Options
    Wow! She is amazing!!
  • jm216
    Options
    Anyone else fighting with themselves about logging food? I'm good about getting my exercise in...from walking the dog...mowing the grass and swimming... but I have not made it a habit to log my food yet.
  • jm216
    Options
    Today I will log all of my food! ;)<3
  • traceylou87
    traceylou87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi can I join this chat? I was at slimming world for a while but feel its slow for me with an under active thyroid. This is the first time I’ll be trying calorie controlled so I hope it works for me
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Anyone else fighting with themselves about logging food? I'm good about getting my exercise in...from walking the dog...mowing the grass and swimming... but I have not made it a habit to log my food yet.

I'm good at logging it, I'm not so good with turning away from the unhealthy foods though. I have just learned that as soon as I finish a meal I log sometimes I log while the meal is cooking. I use my phone the most so it's quite convenient for me.
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 344 Member
    Options

Logging (and measuring to make sure that your logging is accurate) is a must. I don't think I realized how many calories I was eating daily until I started logging and measuring my food. I was way off in my previous assumptions about my caloric intake.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Track it. Count it. Move it. Lose it. That's it in a nutshell and not the whole bushel. A theme to march by. B)
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome new peeps!
  • runbowlfish
    runbowlfish Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I often log food earlier in the day, but sometimes not the last meal or snack, especially if i know I won't be exceeding any limits........so completing my food diary for any given day is less important to me than knowing i did not exceed any dietary limits. I faithfully log all exercise lol....so i know how many calories I"m working with on a given day.......and Monday morning weigh-ins.

I swear my extended family is trying to subvert my weight loss aspirations at times! I know an occasional splurge is no biggie, but sometimes they come in bunches. Tonight is an early Father's Day meal......steakhouse.....sigh
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I am good about logging & weighing everything (food wise..other than when we are out..don't weigh then)...it is sticking to my limits where I fall down. Just cannot figure out Fitbit...sometimes I get big adjustment and other times a measly adjustment for seemingly same thing. Like I think I said way back..I am at least maintaining, but would rather lose the last 10 or so.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Some people carry scales in their purse. Not me, just eyeball it to my advantage. I lurve the catchy title of this thread.
  • jm216
    Options
    I did log all of my food from yesterday and I was 200 calories over... but I did log everything. Yesterday was my reality check with how much I eat... especially since we have pizza on Fridays
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I was over the past two days, but I did have a exercise to balance it out i think. I try to stay in the 1500 to 1800 range, with or without exercise, I don't eat back my calories if at all possible. Thursday and friday were both right at or a bit above 2000. I am ok with this, it's taken a lot of work to be ok with this. Before, I would have gotten into a guilt spiral and given up, but now I know that it won't undo all my work, and I can go back to normal today.

Yesterday we went to the zoo and walked around, then walked around downtown Chicago. I was at twice my normal steps, and even walked fast enough for my fitbit to log it as exercise!
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hello, all. My activity level has really dropped this past 3 weeks due to an achilles tendonitis. PT started two weeks ago. Really trying to cut my intake to still get in a -500 daily -- hence a 1 pound per week loss. Today, we bought me a bicycle. I'm a little apprehensive as the last time I was on one was about 5 years ago when I crashed and damaged my knee pretty severely. I'll be starting out slow and see how that goes. I hope everyone has had a nice start to their weekend.
  • jm216
    Options
    I love reading everyone’s posts. ❤️
    Today was day 2 of logging, and I’m under my calories!! Feels good. :)
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Father’s Day weekend!
    What are your plans for today?
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Happy Father’s Day weekend!
    What are your plans for today?

We lost my dad several years ago, so mom likes to plan stuff to get our minds off of it. Today we're going to bingo
  • Themajez
    Themajez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm single and live alone, the ideal situation for logging food. The more people involved in providing, preparing or eating food with you, the more difficult it is to log food.