Options
    It’s Friday! It’s Friday!
    Have a fantastic Friday my friends!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yayy for Fridays - have a great weekend everyone :smile:

How do you ladies find eating at TOM in general? I have to say that's the only days I struggle during each month to stay at TDEE, in reality if I could I would want to eat way over maintenance cals and it takes every ounce of willpower and determination to not reach for whatever and just eat and eat! Thank goodness this feeling only lasts for a few days....

Please share how you manage during that time...

Thanks,
    Ruth
  • Fizbopper
    Fizbopper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Ruth,
    TOM is so hard, I usually feel I Need, not want chocolate. I almost obsess over it withholding my cravings until I can’t take anymore and over eat. What’s weird is I can take or leave chocolate at any other time of the month.
    I’ve learnt latterly not to suppress these cravings as it only leads to disaster. So I buy chocolate (usually maltesers) and eat half the packet when I feel I need to, that usually fends on the chocolate cravings enough for me not to binge.
    The problems really start when I forgot to buy the chocolate ( a little peri-menopausal perhaps).. then the cupboards get raided!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @Fizbopper ooh Maltesers! :smiley: At least with them you could savour each one slowly and make them last.
    Its that feeling of no matter what I eat, I still don't feel full. Our hormones have a lot to answer for LOL
    I think I'm a bit peri-menopausal as well as these cravings have worsened in recent months.
  • Inesjin3
    Inesjin3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Heyy, im trying to find someone that can keep me on track.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Inesjin3 wrote: »
    Heyy, im trying to find someone that can keep me on track.

well perhaps you can find that help in this group :smile:
    Tell us a bit about yourself, have you much to lose etc and have you started logging all your meals on this app? thats always a good starting point :smile:

• LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @MyEvolvingJourney woot on a loss at TOM!! That is something I've never seen at that time so I didn't think it possible but you've shown anything is possible :smile: go you!!

Happy Saturday all. :smile:
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,746 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday friends!
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Mother’s Day! <3
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Happy Mother’s Day! <3

Our Mothers day in the UK was back in March, I forget others celebrate theirs a bit later. Hope all you mothers had a lovely day yesterday and got spoiled :smile:

Wishing everyone a good week. Commit to moving more if you don't already do that. And if you haven't been tracking your intake as much as you should or could be, make a renewed effort there too - it will pay off in the long run :smiley:
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    "Move it lose it!" Here we go! Going to work my core and do more cardio! Losing this belly once and for all!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    bhurley100 wrote: »
    "Move it lose it!" Here we go! Going to work my core and do more cardio! Losing this belly once and for all!!

Thatta gal, more cardio won't sort your core, lifting weights will though :smile: we can't spot reduce but every pound we lose will see our belly diminish - its usually the last to go. Your determination will see you through :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    and this is a great thread, its a long one but the first page has a lot of gems >>
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm on a roll today with my posts LOL

I just wanted to tell you ladies my latest NSV. Despite being in maintenance for 5 years next month, since then I went on to lose a further 10lbs. In recent months I've been finding my UK size 10's are roomy and bit by bit have been exchanging them (I sell/buy a lot on ebay) for UK Size 8's. I am thrilled to be a size 8. Never in my life have I ever been that size, even as a slim teenager! High five to me :smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • Fizbopper
    Fizbopper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are an ispiration LivingtheLeanDream.. thanks for keeping us all so motivated! Love this tread!
  • jm216
    Options
    Congrats Ruth!

You are such a great role model to us all! Today is a great day to refocus and get moving in the right direction. Join our Conga Line!
    https://youtu.be/54ItEmCnP80
    Happy Dancing!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    oh yeahhhh now you're talking @jm216 lets do the conga :smiley: such a feel good tune :smile:
  • jm216
    Options
    What is your mini goal for this week?
    Mine is to drink more water.