Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Ye I agree completely, I was craving for sweets and what I did was bake a cake with ricotta and strawberries and eat just a portion per day with my family . I make them happy and i was so happy to be able to enjoy it without that orribile feeling of 'you don't deserve it at all' i deserved it and then It gave me the strength to run for 9 km !!!! Byeee

Your cake sounds terrific :smiley: and great job on the 9km!
  • SusanMcMc
    SusanMcMc Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Popping in here. Love the title. I was making slow progress towards my weight loss goals then got sidetracked with Spring break vacay and a month of illness. Working hard not to dwell on backsliding thoughts and focus on today with logging with integrity. One other thing...I hate tight pants!
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    @SusanMcMc Welcome! I'm not a fan of tight pants either. :smiley: Life happens, but you're right, it's best not to dwell on it and get back on track moving forward. You've got this!
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    Options
    I went a little over on my calories today. I had lunch out with my Mom today, so I think it's ok! I enjoyed my lunch, then went back to normal eating the very next meal. Will for stay within my calories tomorrow.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    SusanMcMc wrote: »
    Popping in here. Love the title. I was making slow progress towards my weight loss goals then got sidetracked with Spring break vacay and a month of illness. Working hard not to dwell on backsliding thoughts and focus on today with logging with integrity. One other thing...I hate tight pants!

Time to work on loosening those pants :smile: keep focusing on your goal - you can do it!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I went a little over on my calories today. I had lunch out with my Mom today, so I think it's ok! I enjoyed my lunch, then went back to normal eating the very next meal. Will for stay within my calories tomorrow.

Hey lunch with mom is a lovely time and look at how you got back on the horse! Go you :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Morning everyone, a new week has begun so how are all of yours starting? what are your plans today? :smile:

I only had time for 30 min workout this morning, that's how it goes some days and something is better than nothing.

Make it a good one ladies :smile:
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

This weekend was not a great tracking weekend....but I'm back on the horse today. I'm just glad that I didn't lose a week of tracking...just 2 days. It's amazing how easy it is to gain, and how hard you have to work to lose a pound.

I'm glad we have a place to pop in and chat about things. Love you all!

Jill
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

This weekend was not a great tracking weekend....but I'm back on the horse today. I'm just glad that I didn't lose a week of tracking...just 2 days. It's amazing how easy it is to gain, and how hard you have to work to lose a pound.

Jill

Yes getting back to it is good :smile: and yep it's bloomin' hard losing a pound but so easy to gain.

Keep on keeping on :smiley:
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    Options
    It's amazing how easy it is to gain, and how hard you have to work to lose a pound.

Jill
    So true! Seems so easy to put it on! Good job getting back on track! And thank you for creating this message board post!

• stacielheckgmailcom2015
    Options
    Love the title. I’m back on the wagon again too. Goal this week is to track everything, stay at calorie goal, and work out at least 4 days. Packing lunches and snacks is key for me. Since I’m in and out of my car all day it’s easy to swing into drive through when I’ve waited too long to eat. So track, eat, work, pack.
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome Stacie!
    I agree with you about packing food. I pack everyone else’s food but mine, so for the rest of the week I’m packing for me. I’m right there with you!!

Jill
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Love the title. I’m back on the wagon again too. Goal this week is to track everything, stay at calorie goal, and work out at least 4 days. Packing lunches and snacks is key for me. Since I’m in and out of my car all day it’s easy to swing into drive through when I’ve waited too long to eat. So track, eat, work, pack.

Planning ahead is key, the weeks I prepare the lunches/dinners in advance means I'm not snacking because I'm hungry. This week I am being super organised, I make the packed lunches for my family (even though they're adults!), I have a few go to sandwich mixes I make and they are delicious. Today's is chicken/cashew nut/apple/rocket/mayo. Another one is egg/chive/bacon/mayo and also I like tuna/sweetcorn/red onion/sweet pepper/chilli sauce. If I make up these I always enjoy my lunch and they keep me full for longer.
  • jm216
    Options
    Ruth,

Your prepped ahead lunches sound delicious! Please share. :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Ruth,

Your prepped ahead lunches sound delicious! Please share. :)

It's as simple as it sounds I think :smiley: I make in bulk so it does a few days.

Chicken mix:
    I cook several chicken breasts, chop/shred them, add 1 chopped apple/ handful of rocket or spinach/ chopped celery if I have it/ peanuts or cashews (weigh out depending on how many portions I'm making, 10 or 12g of nuts person else it gets too calorific!/ mayo - 1/2 tablespoon/20g per person

For the eggy mix:
    boil 6-8 eggs/ pinch of dried chives/ spring onion - a few stalks chopped/ 6-8 slices of bacon grilled and then chopped/ and mayo - 1/2 tablespoon/20g per person/portion

For the Tuna one:
    1 large can of tuna, add 1/2 chopped sweet pepper/ 1/2 small tin of sweetcorn/ 1/2 red onion chopped/ chilli sauce or mayo, again same as above around 20g per portion.

Seasoned with plenty of black pepper.

All of them are good in a sandwich, or in a pitta, or on top of toast.
    The chicken and tuna mix I've boiled up some pasta, weigh out 50g of that dried and then when its cooled at the mix to it. Its a nice change from bread.

Today I'm having the chicken one...roll on lunch time :smiley:

Happy Tuesday :smiley:

Ruth

• jm216
    Options
    Ruth, These sound like the perfect make-ahead recipes! I can't wait to try them. Once done, they're grab and go...perfect to busy people!
    Thanks for sharing your awesomeness <3
    Jill
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Lol awesomeness! No way, but thanks anyway :smiley:
  • becker201175
    becker201175 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is only my second day on MyFitness Pal and tracking food, etc. I've been a yo yo dieter my whole life, and I think it's because I have never had a plan that was sustainable for me. My last bout was eating Paleo, and although the Paleo principles are good, I blew up again once I started eating bread, and I constantly craved it. I'm 42 and looking to the future-I need to be able to be at a healthy weight, but keep it off, and being able to eat according to nutritional value and counting calories I think will work. I have over 100 pounds to lose. Please friend me!!
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome Becker!

We’re all in this journey together... and we’re going to help make it a fun ride for you! Nothing is off limits, it’s just about logging what you eat, moving more, and staying at or below your calories. I have ideally about 50 pounds to lose myself.

Let’s break our big goal into 5 pound mini goals, to make it more fun.

Jill
  • skinnynicky53
    skinnynicky53 Posts: 26 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi all! Nice to read about everyone’s progress to know I’m not alone. I did a lot of hiking & activity over the weekend so it’s not a surprise my appetite is up!
    But I also had wine over the weekend, so I am net zero.
    I think I need to focus solely on calories rather then carbs for a bit. I’m focusing on both and am making myself miserable. So that’s what I will do.
    Does anyone else go by My fitness pal only or do you use Fitbit calories burned? My Fitbit says for example that I burned almost 1600 calories & the day is not over yet. According to my app, I have technically been in defecit for awhile. So why would the scale not show it?