Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    So what's your secret to being consistent? I'll track for maybe 3 days, and then totally blow the calorie count. Which means no motivation to track again. And then I'll step on the scale a week later, and tell myself, 'you really need to start tracking again'. Repeat.

• MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I stayed within my calorie goal yesterday, tracked everything and met my step goal too! On days off, I try to meet a minimum of 10,000 steps. I have to be intentional about it, and I got it done!
    It's a new day and I'm going to continue to track everything! Have a great day!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I stayed within my calorie goal yesterday, tracked everything and met my step goal too! On days off, I try to meet a minimum of 10,000 steps. I have to be intentional about it, and I got it done!
    It's a new day and I'm going to continue to track everything! Have a great day!

Well done on aiming for that 10k :smile: keep up the great work.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    Options
    How is everyone doing today so far? I've been on track today. I'm having dinner at my parents house and I'm having to guesstimate portions. It's all good though!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    How is everyone doing today so far? I've been on track today. I'm having dinner at my parents house and I'm having to guesstimate portions. It's all good though!

Guesstimate is my middle name for when eating out or at others :smiley:
    Saturday is always my higher calorie day because it's the one day in the week we eat out - I save/ bank extra calories from during the week so it doesn't matter if I go over a little on Saturday - it all balances out :smiley:

Have a good day everyone :smile:
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Big welcome to everyone new!

It’s been a busy, icy weekend. My son plays AAU basketball, so I’ve been in the gym all weekend.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Jill
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    Options
    Good morning!
    I went to bed "early" more like on time last night, so I'm feeling ready for the day today. I'm happy to say that I've been consistent in my tracking. I did catch myself once last night. I was about to take a bite of something to snack on and realized that it's fine to do so if I really want it, but remember to track it. That little moment of awareness made me realize that I didn't actually want it.
    I didn't do any workouts this weekend, so I'm thinking I'll get something in today. Have a great day everyone!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Good morning!
    I went to bed "early" more like on time last night, so I'm feeling ready for the day today. I'm happy to say that I've been consistent in my tracking. I did catch myself once last night. I was about to take a bite of something to snack on and realized that it's fine to do so if I really want it, but remember to track it. That little moment of awareness made me realize that I didn't actually want it.
    I didn't do any workouts this weekend, so I'm thinking I'll get something in today. Have a great day everyone!

A good nights sleep makes all the difference to our mood and energy levels. Good job on the tracking :smile:
    I don't workout over the weekend in general, apart from being gardening or walking. Week days I exercise without fail, its a good habit :smile: and it makes my day start off on a high :smiley:
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!
    I live in Michigan, so it's been an interesting Spring so far. We've had on and off snow flurries/sleet/ice, so the road conditions have been dicey.

I've logged all weekend, but I've been over my calories, and had little to no exercise...But I'm glad that I logged every morsel. I realize that I need to plan the weekends better, or we end up grabbing convenience & Fast food.
    Here's to keeping the logging going, and making better decisions and bringing healthy snacks to games!

Jill
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Hi Jill, the main thing is you are logging every morsel, that will in itself educate you and you will be able to make little changes over time that will help. I used to practically undo my calorie deficit every weekend so being calorie aware at the weekend was much needed for me.
  • jm216
    Options
    What a great group of people we have here! This is our safe, judgement free zone. Thank you for being awesome and supportive of eachother. <3
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    Options
    Woo hoo another day on track! I did a Fitnessblender workout tonight, they're my favorite! Do you have a favorite workout you like to do?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @MyEvolvingJourney I like Fitness Blender but also am a huge fan of Jessica Smith TV, she has so many different kinds of workouts. Which Fitness Blender one did you do? I'm inclined to use their strength training ones rather than cardio ones.

Have a great day all, keep logging and keep moving :smile:

Ruth
  • skinnynicky53
    skinnynicky53 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Can I join here? I am just slightly over my maintenance so I want to lose maybe 10lbs. I got married last year @ goal weight and gained about 10lbs since then. Not awful but not great either.
    The hard part is my job is indoors & my husband & I are also trying to have a baby. I’m 37 so I’m trying to stay hopeful & smart about it. But it doesn’t mean I need to feel bad about my weight which I think trying for baby, anticipating that weight gain made me a bit lazy.
    So- what worked for me was -
    Working out in the mornings (or at least every day or other day) for 20 mins or so.
    I tracked calories & carbs. I kept my carbs under 100-120 or so. I had read Nate Miyakis books and they made a lot of sense. About how the average human stores about 80-110g carbs as liver glycogen. So if you’re sedentary-ish that is adequate to fuel brain & body and avoid storing excess fat. But calories also count. So that’s been my strategy. It does require work & tracking. And I’ve been slacking lately & I work in a tax office so during tax season the treats are plentiful! So.... time to clean it up.
    To help with the temptations I’m going to try to plan for the unplanned. I am good about bringing healthy snacks.

That said today I am 146.4 and I weigh in daily. My goal is 135. However if I get pregnant in the interim then that will change! I was 133 last May & was very happy at this #.

Going to try to stay under 1500 cals, 100 carbs. That’s pretty much it! I am looking for some inspiration & accountability.

Thanks for reading all
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    Options
    @LivingtheLeanDream I did Low Impact Cardio Workout - Bodyweight Quiet Cardio. It was mostly lower body focused and I both loved it and hated it at the same time lol! I had to do the modifications, which is fine, it still felt tough. But it feels so good when you finish! Even though it says cardio in the title, it was definitely a strength workout as well.
    I do enjoy Jessica Smith TV also!
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    Options
    @skinnynicky53 Welcome! These guys are really supportive. :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Hi All! Can I join here? I am just slightly over my maintenance so I want to lose maybe 10lbs. I got married last year @ goal weight and gained about 10lbs since then. Not awful but not great either.
    The hard part is my job is indoors & my husband & I are also trying to have a baby. I’m 37 so I’m trying to stay hopeful & smart about it. But it doesn’t mean I need to feel bad about my weight which I think trying for baby, anticipating that weight gain made me a bit lazy.
    So- what worked for me was -
    Working out in the mornings (or at least every day or other day) for 20 mins or so.
    I tracked calories & carbs. I kept my carbs under 100-120 or so. I had read Nate Miyakis books and they made a lot of sense. About how the average human stores about 80-110g carbs as liver glycogen. So if you’re sedentary-ish that is adequate to fuel brain & body and avoid storing excess fat. But calories also count. So that’s been my strategy. It does require work & tracking. And I’ve been slacking lately & I work in a tax office so during tax season the treats are plentiful! So.... time to clean it up.
    To help with the temptations I’m going to try to plan for the unplanned. I am good about bringing healthy snacks.

That said today I am 146.4 and I weigh in daily. My goal is 135. However if I get pregnant in the interim then that will change! I was 133 last May & was very happy at this #.

Going to try to stay under 1500 cals, 100 carbs. That’s pretty much it! I am looking for some inspiration & accountability.

Thanks for reading all

Welcome :smile: ahh the old happy being in love weight gain :smiley: it happens to most of us :smiley: but your plan sounds good. Log your food consistently, exercise and you will shift those 10lb. Better to take care of it now before getting preggers :smiley: or before 10lbs becomes more.

Ruth