Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    @LivingtheLeanDream I did Low Impact Cardio Workout - Bodyweight Quiet Cardio. It was mostly lower body focused and I both loved it and hated it at the same time lol! I had to do the modifications, which is fine, it still felt tough. But it feels so good when you finish! Even though it says cardio in the title, it was definitely a strength workout as well.
    I do enjoy Jessica Smith TV also!

It's good when a workout covers both strength and cardio :smile: 2 for 1 :smiley:
  • skinnynicky53
    skinnynicky53 Posts: 26 Member
    Thank you for the warm welcome!!
    Does anyone else here need to watch carbs & sugars, as well as cals? Or are you successful simply watching cals..?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Does anyone else here need to watch carbs & sugars, as well as cals? Or are you successful simply watching cals..?

The only thing I try to aim for is a good protein intake, other than that, its all about the calories. Losing weight is ALL about eating less than we burn.

Happy Hump Day Everyone :smile:
  • skinnynicky53
    skinnynicky53 Posts: 26 Member
    edited April 2018

Thanks, @LivingtheLeanDream! Do you go by MFP calculations? I think I need to take a simpler more straight forward approach. I’m not sure how many cals I need.

Sad bc I am up today .. this week I’ve been using a hormone cream and a side effect is weight gain. Eek! I’m going to not use this again! And not be too hard on myself. Onward & downward
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Thanks, @LivingtheLeanDream! Do you go by MFP calculations? I think I need to take a simpler more straight forward approach. I’m not sure how many cals I need.

Sad bc I am up today .. this week I’ve been using a hormone cream and a side effect is weight gain. Eek! I’m going to not use this again! And not be too hard on myself. Onward & downward

Yes I do just go by MFP's pre set ones. I know people would say we need 0.8 to 1g of protein per pound of our weight and the pre set ones aren't far away from that.
    A simple approach makes sense and takes any over thinking out of the equation. Just set your setting to lose 0.5/1lb/1.5lb etc a week, and consistently aim to stick to the given calories and also if you do purposeful exercise, then you can even eat some of those back too. Its a learning curve :smile:

Sorry about the hormone cream making you gain weight, its making you feel more hungry I take it? because its not likely that it would make you gain unless its a steroid. If you track your calories you will know its not fat you are gaining but only some water weight which hopefully will disappear when your body gets used to the cream.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,733 Member
    Hi Everyone!

It’s so nice to read up on how everyone is doing.
    Today I decided to give myself a mini goal.
    Mine is to walk my dog around our block 2x each day. The weather here is slowly getting better. It’s actually up to 38 degrees today.... who would have thought it would be such a cold Spring?!
    What is your mini goal for this week?

Jill
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    jm216 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

It’s so nice to read up on how everyone is doing.
    Today I decided to give myself a mini goal.
    Mine is to walk my dog around our block 2x each day. The weather here is slowly getting better. It’s actually up to 38 degrees today.... who would have thought it would be such a cold Spring?!
    What is your mini goal for this week?

Jill

A mini goal is a good idea. :smiley: I'm so long at this game I just do my usual. Hoping the others chip in with their mini goals too. Can't wait for better weather though as it means more spending time outdoors which means being more active in general.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    I don't know that I "need" to, but I do prefer to watch carbs and sugars. I think I eat moderate carbs. For a fleeting moment I considered keto, but I've realized that I would miss potatoes and bananas too much. :smiley:
  • jm216
    Good morning, and Happy Thursday!

How is your day going?
    I'm happy that the sun is out this morning, and no snow, sleet, or flurries are in the forecast! My dog is happy too. :)
  • leigh8236
    leigh8236 Posts: 44 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi everyone :) I’d love to join in this group as I’m looking for a friendly place to keep going with my goals and to help me accountable...seems like this a perfect place to be!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Rach7671 wrote: »
    Love this outlook! It doesn't matter what has gone before, it's what we do from here on in which matters. I have a new motto: If it goes in my gob, it goes on the app! Really enjoying MFP right now, feel motivated and positive about getting healthy :)

Love your new motto :smiley:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    We have sunshine and 19c here today so it feels like summer has arrived... well for one day anyway! :smiley:
    I've had a first aid course for most of the day and missed the sun so I'm off out now... to wash the car! Well at least it'll get me outdoors and get a much needed job done.

And it's Friday eve :smile: another weekend is looming :smiley:
  • jm216
    Welcome Redmaniv!

Way to go on your 12 pound loss! How incredible you are. :) Join us and keep up the good work. We're a very laid back group. Just pop in whenever you can to let us know how you're doing.

Jill :)
  • jm216
    Mini target for the next 3 weeks... to lose 3 pounds by consistently tracking and moving. What do you want to see in the next 3 weeks?
  • mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    Wonderful def on board
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    It's been a snacky kind of day today, but it's all tracked and within my calories! :smile:
  • Rach7671
    Rach7671 Posts: 45 Member
    Mini target for the next 3 weeks... to lose 3 pounds by consistently tracking and moving. What do you want to see in the next 3 weeks?
    I'd like to 5 over the next three weeks, fingers crossed. I need to move more though, it's going to a swimming weekend for me I think and parking the car a bit further away from work!
  • LivingtheLeanDream

Good goal :smile: go for it :smile: