Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    You had a really active day :smile: so you use tracker? Did you log your exercise? It's highly likely you still had a calorie deficit yesterday, that's the beauty of moving more.

This morning I'm up with the lark :smiley: , have my strength training done and about to get on my bike - if i don't work out before work, it wouldn't happen at all.

Happy Thursday :smile:
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Options
    I love how you get your exercise done in the morning. I get in a half mile walk with my dog, Roxie. She never says no to exercise! Happy Thursday!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    If that's Roxie in the photo, she's a cutie :smile: and what better motivation to get up and going in the mornings - its a great start for both of you.
  • jm216
    Options
    That’s my Roxie! You asked if I used a tracker earlier. I’ve got a Fitbit Aria I think. Although it’s synced to MFP, it doesn’t show up in my exercise like it used to...
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    That’s my Roxie! You asked if I used a tracker earlier. I’ve got a Fitbit Aria I think. Although it’s synced to MFP, it doesn’t show up in my exercise like it used to...

hmm if it used to sync, I'm not sure why it now doesn't. You could try un syncing apps and then re-syncing again. That sometimes sorts it but there also could be syncing issues - if you check out the Fitbit forum here you'll maybe get some answers.
  • jm216
    Options
    Good suggestion!
  • RonFrances8
    RonFrances8 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love the text...track it, count it, move it, lose it! Can you add me... need more motivation to keep me going!
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome RonFrances8!
    We’re here to motivate eachother. This is the perfect place for you.

~Jill
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Morning Jill, and welcome @RonFrances8

Friday has arrived so I'll wish you a great day - good food choices and moving a bit more when you can all helps :smiley:
    And as usual, I've been up early and been on my bike :smiley:

Ruth
  • jm216
    Options
    Ruth,
    I love your commitment to morning exercise. It’s time for me to walk the dog and get my exercise started! I hope everyone has a great Friday!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Enjoy your walk and hope Roxie enjoys it too :smile:
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Great title for this thread! I'm needing to refocus too. I've been here for a month now, but I'm not always consistent with my tracking. Which is being reflected on the scale. Time to get consistent! Like you said, the good, bad and ugly!
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Tracking daily I think is key and something I am working on. When I was most successful I was tracking everything everyday. It kept my goals in the front of my mind and made me super aware of what I ate. I gained some of my weight back when I stopped logging. So Here I am again. Everyday. No excuses because I am only hurting myself (and less directly my family) with them. I get frustrated when I focus on pounds loss as my test of how well I did for the week. My water, hormones, or something else are always jumping things around on the scale. So I am basing my success on the goals I have control over (moving, tracking, eating) and am hoping and praying the weight will start coming off when I consistently hit them.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »

The key, I believe is to track it, then move forward, without getting on the guilt train or riding the guilt spiral of shame. (Don’t they sound like amusement park rides?)
    :)
    Jill
    I think you're right!

• MyEvolvingJourney
    Options
    mlrtri wrote: »
    Tracking daily I think is key and something I am working on. When I was most successful I was tracking everything everyday. It kept my goals in the front of my mind and made me super aware of what I ate. I gained some of my weight back when I stopped logging. So Here I am again. Everyday. No excuses because I am only hurting myself (and less directly my family) with them. I get frustrated when I focus on pounds loss as my test of how well I did for the week. My water, hormones, or something else are always jumping things around on the scale. So I am basing my success on the goals I have control over (moving, tracking, eating) and am hoping and praying the weight will start coming off when I consistently hit them.
    I hear you! For me, I've seen a lot of people say you don't need to count calories if you eat healthy. But I've learned it is possible to overeat even healthy foods.

• thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Though it's sad this is the only solution that seems to work for some of us. I know that if I am successful to once again take off all this weight I've battled with my entire adult life I'll have to continue the tracking. It must be a conscious, planned effort each day with nothing left to chance, or an assumption I'll ever just naturally know the right selections for a balanced daily intake without thought. It takes a real effort of time and focus that sometimes demands time I need to devote elsewhere, but I cannot. By becoming involved with others in the MFP community there is the desire to not post when poor choices are made. But, I must overcome my embarrassment and keep it honest in logging my intake. More important than looking good to those who see my diary, is my evaluation of the past to determine what changes I need to make going forward.
  • skimninja
    skimninja Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I needed this little reminder today, thank you.