Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Rach7671 wrote: »
    jm216 wrote: »
    Mini target for the next 3 weeks... to lose 3 pounds by consistently tracking and moving. What do you want to see in the next 3 weeks?
    I'd like to 5 over the next three weeks, fingers crossed. I need to move more though, it's going to a swimming weekend for me I think and parking the car a bit further away from work!

that might be harder but go for it, doable but it also might make you 'hangry'. (too little calories makes us cranky)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    It's been a snacky kind of day today, but it's all tracked and within my calories! :smile:

good job :smiley: and isn't it great to know that what you thought might have been a snacky day was actually just fine.

I think the mindset for a lot of people is 'oh I better not snack' and 'I better only eat 3 meals'...but the reality is for some people they prefer 6 small meals in the day, others prefer 3 or 4 - but if the calories are the same and we're eating at calorie deficit then weight loss happens.
    I'm a 6 small meals gal, I just can't go for more than 3 hrs during the day without eating.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited April 2018
    Options
    My goal...hmmm well I'm finding these past few months that my weight fluctuations at maintenance are becoming wilder, instead of 0.5lb-1lb of variation I'm seeing up to 4lbs - it might be hormone related, peri menopause even, except I have no other symptoms yet... so these bigger fluctuations are bothering me so I'm aiming for a bit of a calorie deficit rather than maintenance cals for a while until I see whats going on with my body.

All I know is I like being 125lb but I'm not happy to see 128lb so I need to lose a few more pounds so if these wild fluctuations persist that my goal range never exceeds 125.

Happy Friday everyone. We have another sunshiny day and I'm looking forward to a lunchtime walk :smile:

Ruth
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Options
    Ruth and friends,
    Today’s non-scale victory is that my Fitbit is finally syncing with MFP! I’ve missed it so much and I’m happy they’re working together.

Have a Fantastic Friday!
    <3 Jill
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Happy days Jill!! :smile: When I used Fitbit it used to annoy me highly when it wouldn't sync - those numbers are good to see when they're all doing what they should :smiley:
    It took me a while to step away from using a tracker which I decided to do after almost 4 years of using one because I didn't like how it made me feel when I didn't get the 15k step goal I always set myself :/ Now I would estimate I only do about 7k a day but because I cycle it doesn't matter, I burn more calories in 40 mins of cycling than walking for 90 mins - its an efficient way to exercise :smiley: .
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the link Ruth! Very informative!

• jm216
    Options
    That was a great article! Thanks Ruth!

It made it up to 54 degrees F/ 12 degrees C today! It is starting to feel like Spring again! I plan on getting another walk in with my favorite walking buddy...then off with my daughter and son to see my son's girlfriend in a musical tonight. She's playing Esmeralda in her high school performance of The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Get out there and have a great afternoon/evening!
  • laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi all, looking to join in :)

I'm down about 5 pounds since beginning of March. I'm happy with my progress and while I luckily am not looking to drop so much more, it's usually these last few pounds that are the hardest. I've been ON POINT with my macros and workouts and the results are showing, but doesn't mean it hasn't been a challenge.

I struggle a lot with incorporating flexibility so while I'm enjoying wholesome food with some regularly programmed treats, I basically plan out my meals for the week so doesn't really leave much room for spontaneity. It's a bit of "fail to plan, plan to fail" mentality, so while I know I can change up my snack or dinner plan if something comes up, I almost get anxiety doing so because I meticulously planned each day so I would hit my numbers on the dot.

Clearly a black/white complex going on that I certainly know and understand isn't healthy or sustainable, but trying to find that middle ground is very uncomfortable for me. I know I need to get there and hopefully I will learn one day.

I think for now, with my wedding in September, I really want to focus on reaching my goal weight and tracking my macros is the best way to do it. After that, I'm hoping to explore more intuitive eating and learn to be more kind and forgiving to myself nutritionally speaking.

Thank
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @jm216 ooh that musical sounds Good, a nice way to spend a few hours.

And Roxie will beer a happy pooch getting out for her walks :smile:

12c isn't too bad, it's a sign of better things to come.

Enjoy your evening :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @laurenbastug welcome to the group :smile: congrats on your upcoming wedding..

You are doing great but this fretting about macros is just not necessary. You have one macro that matters for retaining muscle and that's protein. Let the rest fall where they will. The main thing is calories. And being at calorie deficit if you want to lose.

Have more confidence in yourself. You're doing good.

Ruth
  • laurenbastug
    Options
    @LivingtheLeanDream

I know - I logically understand the principle of it all and I’m guilty of being really hard on myself even with making valiant efforts. I think I will try and switch the focus to be on protein and calories as you mentioned since that will help give me a little more flexibility :)

Thank you!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @LivingtheLeanDream

I know - I logically understand the principle of it all and I’m guilty of being really hard on myself even with making valiant efforts. I think I will try and switch the focus to be on protein and calories as you mentioned since that will help give me a little more flexibility :)

Thank you!

I think we are our own worst enemies. Cut yourself some slack and enjoy the journey. Hopefully you will find more flexibility in your eating plan.
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome Lauren,

I love how Ruth says to enjoy the journey. I think that’s the secret to just about everything in life.
    What a great inspiration!

Happy Saturday friends!
    <3 Jill
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    Options
    Good morning! I have a question for you all! Do you weigh daily, once a week, or once a month? I've always done a once a week weigh-in. This week though, just out of curiosity, I weighed a few times and was surprised at how much it fluctuates on a day to day basis! How do you know which is the most accurate measure of progress?
  • valentinairenedilauro
    Options
    Ye I agree completely, I was craving for sweets and what I did was bake a cake with ricotta and strawberries and eat just a portion per day with my family . I make them happy and i was so happy to be able to enjoy it without that orribile feeling of 'you don't deserve it at all' i deserved it and then It gave me the strength to run for 9 km !!!! Byeee
  • laurenbastug
    Options
    Good morning! I have a question for you all! Do you weigh daily, once a week, or once a month? I've always done a once a week weigh-in. This week though, just out of curiosity, I weighed a few times and was surprised at how much it fluctuates on a day to day basis! How do you know which is the most accurate measure of progress?

I weigh everyday so I have more data to track trends. But this is after I learned to accept fluctuations and not look at the number on the scale as an indicator of success or failure. It’s been a really great learning experience though but it’s all dependent on the person. I would think having more data points so you can see the average will be best in giving you a more accurate idea since one a week weigh ins are subject to so many variables.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hi... this seems like such a great group with a positive attitude. I am working on losing the last 10-15 pounds after being here for a long time & tracking daily, but not really committing to the whole process, so after a 25# weight loss, I have been basically maintaining. Oh well, guess that is good..I haven't gained it back, so must be doing fairly well.

I like the comment to enjoy the journey, too. One of my favorite quotes on here (I think it was from Mpls Shannon) is "Live the healthiest life you can enjoy!"

I weigh daily, too, and every Monday I add them & divide by 7 to get the average & that's where I try to tell if I am making progress. It takes the every day ups & downs out a little.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    Options
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Yes, this group is so positive and supportive! Congrats on maintaining, that can be hard!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I'm a daily weigher too, I use a weight app and it gives me the trends. It was useful when losing and it's still useful in maintenance. It's a free app btw.

Welcome to the group @RetiredAndLovingIt .. ahh those last 10-15lbs are tough but stick with it and they will come off.