Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Happy Friday friends!

Ruth, I hope your back is feeling better today. It really stinks when that happens. :(

I think its worse today :/ but its my own fault, it must be bad form - I'll learn!! I'm sure over the weekend it'll improve though. Thanks :smile:
  • SusanMcMc
    SusanMcMc Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I realized that for this weight loss thing to work for me I need three components. I need to count calories with a scale because my intuition is broke! Second working out makes me have more strength, agility, balance, etc but it doesn’t really contribute much to weight loss at this stage. It does make me feel more connected to my body though. Third, I need to move slowly and consistently throughout the day to achieve weight loss. This means walking kids to school, riding bike to get groceries, taking the furthest parking spot etc. When I get 10,000 steps in each day I give myself the calorie cushion I need for sustainable weight loss

Oh and fourth thing: mindfulness meditation has been helping me tame the binge urges.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @SusanMcMc 10k steps a day is a great goal and like you say you know it will sustain and help with weight loss as well as being good for fitness/health.
    I do a lot of active movement throughout the day, just like the ones you mentioned - that in itself bumps up the NEAT :smile:
  • Fizbopper
    Fizbopper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great link LivingtheLeanDream. I’m always worried whether or not I should eat back exercise calories, this explains it really well! Thank you!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Fizbopper wrote: »
    Great link LivingtheLeanDream. I’m always worried whether or not I should eat back exercise calories, this explains it really well! Thank you!

Glad it helped :smile:
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday friends! I hope you're having a great day!
    I decided yesterday that I need to take a break from the scale. Which is really hard when you're trying to lose weight! But I was catching myself falling into that old habit of letting a number determine my mood for the day. I was getting frustrated because I'm tracking everything and the scale is not doing what I want it to. So far now, the focus is just on eating healthy meals, tracking them, and taking a break from weighing myself for a couple of weeks. Has anyone else struggled with this?
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,746 Member
    Options
    The scale can be fickle sometimes, so it’s always good to focus on Non-scale victories.... exercising with the dog, or laving your clothes a little looser. What is your NSV.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I still have a love hate relationship at times with the scale but staying off it before I lost weight was what led me to weight gain without really realising. So I still weigh daily and use a trending weight app - having the data from that cuts through the ups and downs on the scale and gives me the average. As long as month on month I'm where I want to be all is ok :smile: but if I were to see a gradual movement upwards over time, then I'd take action before 5lbs became 10lbs etc.

I was up early and decided to do a huge clear out of my son's room (he's 24 and such a hoarder!) So whether he likes it or not, there's a heap of clothes going to goodwill! took me an hour to sort...now to move on to another room - I must be in spring clean mode lol

Oh and I've visitor's coming tomorrow and I'm going to attempt to make raspberry and white choc scones, plus bake some tray bakes and a cake . It's going to be a busy morning!

Happy Saturday everyone! :smile:
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Enjoy your time with family and friends!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited April 2018
    Options
    The scones were good - I used a smaller sized cutter so they were dainty and came in at 112 cals each - not bad :smiley:

Hope everyone had a great day, it was a rest day for me apart from all the hostessing!

A new week is about to start so let's make it a good one :smiley: keep tracking and moving :smiley:
  • jm216
    Options
    Glad you had a nice weekend, Ruth!
    It’s always nice to get together with family.

I had a nice weekend, too. Gotta love it when the sun returns!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies!

I read an article in the paper the other day about why its hard to get kids to eat veg - we don't introduce it to them early enough, apparently we should keep offering them brocolli/cauliflower/carrots etc so they actually end up not being fussy and will eat anything. It makes sense doesn't it! If we only give babies sweet i.e fruit thats all they will hanker after. Its common sense yet I never thought about it and certainly didn't when I was weaning my boys!

Make today and this week and good one.

Ruth
  • cricket_hackmann
    cricket_hackmann Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’ve lost 80+ pounds, but I’m currently maintaining, as I’m between total knee replacement surgeries. I had my left knee replaced on April 4th, and the right one is scheduled for July 11th. Once I’m given the all clear, I plan to lose another 20-30 pounds, until I find a comfortable weight I think I can live with.

I do track my weight and food intake daily, and I’m glad to have found this group! Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Hi all! I’ve lost 80+ pounds, but I’m currently maintaining, as I’m between total knee replacement surgeries. I had my left knee replaced on April 4th, and the right one is scheduled for July 11th. Once I’m given the all clear, I plan to lose another 20-30 pounds, until I find a comfortable weight I think I can live with.

I do track my weight and food intake daily, and I’m glad to have found this group! Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Wow! 80lbs lost! that's fantastic! well done :smile: Hope you are recovering well from your first surgery, I've heard its extremely painful :/
    Keep tracking your food, it really is the best way to keep a handle on weight, also getting on the scales regularly.
    I'll add you to my friends list now :smile:

Ruth
  • cricket_hackmann
    cricket_hackmann Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Ruth! This is such a supportive, friendly group — I’m glad to be here!
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome Cricket!

Love your name and love your 80 pound loss!
    We’re happy to have you here. <3

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Goodnight friends,

I hop you all had a great day today. If not, get some sleep and try again tomorrow. We’ll be here for you.

<3 Jill
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options