Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone and today I am finally seeing a nice lower number on the scales I've not seen for 3 weeks! my scale spikes up are getting ridiculous even at maintenance - I have a feeling its all hormone related! I have a +/-3lb range and I don't like it when I'm mostly at the top of the range rather than the bottom!

The good thing about having data for weigh ins, (I use a trending app), that I get to see the overall trend and bigger picture and all is well. I would highly recommend you ladies using a trending weight app, mine is just the one that comes with my phone - Samsung S Health but there are lots of free ones available.

I'm still having backache, not as bad as it was but I think this week is a rest week from weights. I am still biking as I don't think that will be hurting it but if its not much better in a few more days I might need to lay off the bike as well :/

Have a good day.
    Ruth
  • skinnynicky53
    skinnynicky53 Posts: 26 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi all, so I injured my back over the weekend & haven’t been able to move much for 3 days now :( I was thinking of going back to weight watchers. I’m not sure why I can’t seem to stick to a darn program lately! My weight has literally been a bouncing ball these days. Up from 147 to 149! Down to 147 then back to 148. Sigh.... perhaps during my recovery I should not be so focused or expect losses due to inactivity. ;/ I’m really tired too & working from home. As I don’t want to drive or sit at the desk too long. I need to heal fast! As we have a vacation in few weeks!

@Ruth- I feel your pain, literally lol.. did you ever try weight watchers or low carb? What made you settle on MFP? I feel like I’m always over complicating & jumping around. Last year when I had my wedding I was SO focused bc I had dress fittings, I was eating in my calorie range & doing my work outs. I don’t know why I can’t just do what works & stop changing it! I’m going to look into this weight trending app. I usually look at MFP data bc I have it going back for years now. So crazy!

My goal today is to eat 1400 cals, and not worry about macros. Let’s see how that goes!

Have a good day everyone :)

• LivingtheLeanDream
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi all, so I injured my back over the weekend & haven’t been able to move much for 3 days now :( I was thinking of going back to weight watchers. I’m not sure why I can’t seem to stick to a darn program lately! My weight has literally been a bouncing ball these days. Up from 147 to 149! Down to 147 then back to 148. Sigh.... perhaps during my recovery I should not be so focused or expect losses due to inactivity. ;/ I’m really tired too & working from home. As I don’t want to drive or sit at the desk too long. I need to heal fast! As we have a vacation in few weeks!

@Ruth- I feel your pain, literally lol.. did you ever try weight watchers or low carb? What made you settle on MFP? I feel like I’m always over complicating & jumping around. Last year when I had my wedding I was SO focused bc I had dress fittings, I was eating in my calorie range & doing my work outs. I don’t know why I can’t just do what works & stop changing it! I’m going to look into this weight trending app. I usually look at MFP data bc I have it going back for years now. So crazy!

My goal today is to eat 1400 cals, and not worry about macros. Let’s see how that goes!

Have a good day everyone :)

Your back sounds much worse than mine, hope it'll heal soon. The scale will always bounce around but when injured its inclined to spike up far more because it holds onto water to repair the muscle or if there's inflammation its also holding on to extra water.

I've done WW and Slimming World - MFP has been the one that worked for me. I'm in maintenance almost 5 years - this is the longest ever I've been able to lose weight permanently so counting cals works :smile: I just had been in recent months experiencing strange spikes for no reason at all, with having the trend weight data at least I know its looking more hormonal rather than because I'm eating too much..phew!! (cos I don't think I eat THAT much and the idea of having to reduce maintenance cals further would only make me hangry LOL)

Enjoy those 1400 and feel better soon Nicky.

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,790 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Ladies!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far!
    Progress not perfection is my goal in life. I've been pretty good tracking what I'm eating, and I've been consistent in getting in my walking everyday...I shoot for 25-30 minutes of walking with my dog. My struggle has been making good food choices. I think it takes a good 2 weeks of consistent exercising and logging for me to finally fit in more fruits and veggies consistently. As of today, I'm down 2 pounds... it feels good! I'm making progress and I'm enjoying the journey.

Believe it or not, I'm actually keeping up on my laundry and dishes as well. When it's nice out, I try to be out working in the yard, garage etc. to take in the nice weather. When it's raining or icky out, it's time to tackle the housework. I also find that I get more done listening to fun music, instead of turning on the TV. Plus I get some fun dancing in! Get out and have a Terrific Tuesday!

<3 Jill
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited May 2018
    Options
    'Progress not perfection' is a great mantra, Jill :smile:
    The thing is the more you make the habit of walking or eating better the more it becomes the norm. (p.s I decided a number of years ago to get up every week day to workout - that habit stuck and I still do that :smile: )

Woot on the 2lbs loss, that's terrific :smiley:

And way to be productive regardless of the weather.

I'm off this afternoon so it means I have time to make a cottage pie, we're having a cold rainy day here so comfort food is the order of the day :smile: My version runs at 550 cals a portion :smile:

Ruth
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have fallen off the wagon and gained back 6 of the pounds I just worked so hard to lose. I cannot stick to it unless I am accountable and get on mfp forum every day. So I am starting over again today. I have only had breakfast but so far so good. Della
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    dlm4mom wrote: »
    Hello. I have fallen off the wagon and gained back 6 of the pounds I just worked so hard to lose. I cannot stick to it unless I am accountable and get on mfp forum every day. So I am starting over again today. I have only had breakfast but so far so good. Della

Hi Delia, getting back on the horse asap is key and you now know that unless you log in you might not stay committed - so keep logging in :smile:

You can do it! :smiley:
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Cricket....you are an inspiration. Bet your doctor was thrilled! How long did it take for an 80lb loss?
    Didnt your knees feel better with 80lbs not resting on them? So much better results with surgery when loss of weight is involved too!
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My weight has literally been a bouncing ball these days. Up from 147 to 149! Down to 147 then back to 148. Sigh.... perhaps during my recovery I should not be so focused or expect losses due to inactivity. ;/
    I can totally relate! That was me the whole month of April! I gained and lost the same 2-3 pounds repeatedly! It's a new month, and I've adjusted my calories a little to see if that helps. I think it's a lot of trial and error. I feel like I get in a hurry and I have to remind myself to just be patient. And not compare myself to others. You see posts like "Lost 40 pounds in 6 months!" and I'm here losing 2 pounds in one month. I have to realize my journey is not theirs, and that's ok. I'm going to be ok with it. I like Jill's mantra of "progress not perfection!"
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I recently lost 35 pounds, and have noticed me loosening the reins a bit. Just came across this thread. I think I may need you! One thing that was a great help when I was on point, was stopping eating at 7. The longer days are really messing that up for me. I often don't get back from my kids lax practice, or for my evening walk until after 7, and rarely do I have time to cook something worthwhile before. I am aware, that CICO does not how to tell time, I don't think there is a magic number. I just know myself, and that I rarely make healthy choices at night!
    I think tightening up on logging, weighing, and night snacking will get me where I want to be.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited May 2018
    Options
    amfmmama wrote: »
    I recently lost 35 pounds, and have noticed me loosening the reins a bit. Just came across this thread. I think I may need you! One thing that was a great help when I was on point, was stopping eating at 7. The longer days are really messing that up for me. I often don't get back from my kids lax practice, or for my evening walk until after 7, and rarely do I have time to cook something worthwhile before. I am aware, that CICO does not how to tell time, I don't think there is a magic number. I just know myself, and that I rarely make healthy choices at night!
    I think tightening up on logging, weighing, and night snacking will get me where I want to be.

Night time snacking can be our downfall... have you thought about pre planning your evening meal? If you had something organised, it would take very little time to cook it when you did get home then you might not feel the need to snack. And let's face It, we hardly ever want to reach for healthy filling snacks either :/

I sip water, tea or even diet soda to curb snacking. It works a treat. :smiley:

The timing of our meals doesn't matter one bit, but staying within our calorie allowance does.

Well done on losing those 35lbs. So plan now and go on to either lose more or maintain - whichever it is you are aiming for.

Ruth
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @MyEvolvingJourney gaining and losing the same pounds is so common. And it can mean you're eating at maintenance calories ( or TDEE) mostly. But the good news is that shaving some calories off here and there will make all the difference and see you on a true losing streak once more.
  • jm216
    Options
    I love this group!! I’m so happy for our new friends finding us... and our core group... and the friends who pop in and out. We’re all here together to help, encourage and motivate one another! I love you all <3 and we can do this together!

https://youtu.be/gbrbUfYSt0E
  • jm216
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    I love this group!! I’m so happy for our new friends finding us... and our core group... and the friends who pop in and out. We’re all here together to help, encourage and motivate one another! I love you all <3 and we can do this together!

https://youtu.be/gbrbUfYSt0E

Not sure why the sound didn’t work???
    Try this one:
    https://youtu.be/BlRvE9dKWQc
  • jm216
    Options
    Check it out on YouTube.... it’s one of my faves!
    I’m a huge Disney fan. ;)
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    Options
    @MyEvolvingJourney gaining and losing the same pounds is so common. And it can mean you're eating at maintenance calories ( or TDEE) mostly. But the good news is that shaving some calories off here and there will make all the difference and see you on a true losing streak once more.
    Ah thank you! :smile:
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    Options
    Jill that video totally made me smile! We're such a fun group!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    That video took me back Jill :smile: High School Musical was all the rage when my biys wee at high school.

Happy Hump Day everyone :smile:
  • jm216
    Options
    Hope you all had a great Wednesday!
  • hk9mm
    hk9mm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    This is my 2nd go around with logging & counting calories. 1st time I lost 20+ lbs (with exercise).
    I’ve been counting again for a month now, along with exercise, & I’m down 10 lbs.
    I’m only counting through the week & keeping the weekends to eat as I please. I think this helps me to stick with it M-F. Last weekend after eating & splurging on pop, I was very happy to see only a half pound gain.
    So keep up the good work everyone! It will pay off!