Nice work @k_felix91!
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome Snowflake! We've got this!
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    Options
    Oh gosh you guys. I went over on calories today. I looked at my food log to see what went wrong. The good news is, I tracked everything. But other than that, the only planned meal was dinner. So with breakfast and lunch, I was a little surprised when I entered my food after I had eaten it. I don't normally pre-track my meals, but I might give that a try!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    @MyEvolvingJourney pre tracking is a great plan. We learn as we go here :smile: and find what works for us.

Welcome to our new additions to the group :smile:

It's back to work today for me, the rain is also back! We had a wonderful weekend, good times with family and being out and about in the sun.

Have a great week all - keep on keeping on :smiley:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited May 2018
    Options
    BTW I do count housework and yard work calories as they really add up on 10,000 steps a day goal

If you're doing 10k steps with all that housework and you are set to sedentary here then yes, log those steps or change your settings to active and don't log - the calories added will be the same. If however you use a tracker and it's synced with this app then don't log exercise or you will be doubling up.

Ruth
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,799 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome!

I count my "big" clean on Saturday's as exercise, that is when I sweep, scrub, dust, whatever needs doing, but not my daily tidy. I don't use a tracker and am set to sedentary.
    The scale moved in the right direction this morning 193! I was so tired and sore last night I didn't quite make my 5K walk. Only 4.7, but I was under on my calories so that's a plus.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Nice going Snowflake! Welcome :)

I’m ready to do my lunch break tornado tidy of the kitchen and laundry... one of the perks of working close to home. Time to clean up and dance!

I also have another dancing confession. I dance walk my dog before the sun comes up. Everytime my dog takes a “smell everything” break, I use this opportunity to salsa, wiggle, do butt kicks.... just Rock Out! All of this while dog walking in my PJs. :D

<3 Jill

That's awesome! I believe dancing helps a lot with mood and exercise!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Jill, we'll have to call you the dancing queen, keep dancing and movin and shakin :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome!

I count my "big" clean on Saturday's as exercise, that is when I sweep, scrub, dust, whatever needs doing, but not my daily tidy. I don't use a tracker and am set to sedentary.
    The scale moved in the right direction this morning 193! I was so tired and sore last night I didn't quite make my 5K walk. Only 4.7, but I was under on my calories so that's a plus.

Yayy for the house clean up and more importantly the scale move :smiley:
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,787 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday my friends!
    Slow and steady wins the race. Since the beginning of this journey...I’m now down 3.2 pounds. It takes a while to get everything moving together.... logging, exercising, and staying at or below my calories, but it’s all working together.
    How are things going for you?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yay its Hump Day :D .

Congrats @jm216 on your loss, it's progress :smile:

Jill, you are inspiring so many on this thread, so keep up the great work.

I've moved away from logging my calories again here, but I still am in the habit of mentally totalling up what I have eaten each day - I think that will always be a good habit and will keep me calorie aware. I had gone for months and months without logging and was doing absolutely fine so I'm not sure why I thought I did need to start again! My weight has been stable, I'm back at the low end of my goal range so all is well.

I'm getting over that sore back still, it had gotten much better until Monday - it turns out pushing a stroller up hills isn't the best way to treat ones back! thankfully a few days later its starting to improve. I still get on my bike on week days but when the back was sore I had to forego the weights. Hope to get back at those by the end of the week.

Have a great day all :smile:
  • jm216
    Options
    Yay its Hump Day :D .

Congrats @jm216 on your loss, it's progress :smile:

Jill, you are inspiring so many on this thread, so keep up the great work.

I've moved away from logging my calories again here, but I still am in the habit of mentally totalling up what I have eaten each day - I think that will always be a good habit and will keep me calorie aware. I had gone for months and months without logging and was doing absolutely fine so I'm not sure why I thought I did need to start again! My weight has been stable, I'm back at the low end of my goal range so all is well.

I'm getting over that sore back still, it had gotten much better until Monday - it turns out pushing a stroller up hills isn't the best way to treat ones back! thankfully a few days later its starting to improve. I still get on my bike on week days but when the back was sore I had to forego the weights. Hope to get back at those by the end of the week.

Have a great day all :smile:

Ruth,
    You are also very inspiring and insightful to this thread. It was you who pointed out in here that if you keep losing and gaining the same few pounds, it might be time to adjust your daily calories. Glad to hear that your back is getting better.... only push a stroller on flat surfaces! ;)
  • jm216
    Options
    Today I officially broke 220 pounds.... feels fantastic... I’m at 219.8 to be super precise. ;)
    If I lose 20 more pounds I’ll be below 200.
    I can do this!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Today I officially broke 220 pounds.... feels fantastic... I’m at 219.8 to be super precise. ;)
    I can do this!!

Great job, you for sure can do it!
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I can do this!!

Woohooo! That's awesome!! Yes, you can!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I can do this!!

To see a lower number in the teens rather than 20s is wonderful - go you :smile: it's enough progress to keep motivating you :smile:
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    So excited this morning, the scale is finally moving down to 191! Checked 3 times! I even put it in my check-in, I had been only putting my Sunday weight in, but it was getting discouraging so I put in anything over a 1/2 pound loss now. Only 1 pound to go and I will be back where I started when I joined MFP the first time in 2012.

I had two rest days and feel so much better than I did, I hadn't taken a rest day in over a month. So happy I took the advice that was offered. I am looking forward to a walk tonight with a lady that I am meeting from MFP.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 so happy on your scale joy, such a good feeling :smile: . And glad those rest days are helping, sometimes we need some time out.

Enjoy your walk later.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    Options
    I can do this!!
    Yes you can! You got this!