Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Anyone cutting after a bulk?

1596061626365»

Replies

• sardelsasardelsa Posts: 8,786Member Member Posts: 8,786Member Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    How is everyone doing? So much sick going around hopefully everyone is recovering or staying healthy!

Things are going well over here. I looked at myself in the mirror this morning and thought - wow I look really lean, almost too lean. Which could possibly mean I am not actually maintaining but losing since physique changes do not happen that fast unless I am in a deficit. Uch. Maybe by some chance I am recomping. According to trend weight I am losing again but I am not giving it enough data points because I keep forgetting :s . I also need to pick up a measuring tape and actually take measurements soon to help track progress.

Lift wise- I am definitely getting stronger and pushing myself more. The only lift I am struggling with is my squats (barbell-wise I only do Zercher squats) they just feel so heavy the past two sessions and my right quad is just so tight, so I gotta work on those.

Things are mediocre on the diet side. It seems like every time i hit in the 160's i go back up. Again at 172-173 these past few weeks. I am seeing some recomposition but i would much rather get leaner faster. I am noticing that calorie counting is causing me a bit of craziness and always working to max out my budget.

Workout wise, i am doing very well. Overall increases in volume and loading. Been consistent with my 5 day program, except when i am on travel for work. Unfortunately, i have a lot in March.

Oh ya travelling and keeping on program is definitely tricky. Hopefully it's not too crazy for you in the upcoming months.

What are your plans after you lean down and get to goal? Would you hang out there and maintain for a while or run a bulk?
  • psuLemonpsuLemon Posts: 35,672Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 35,672Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    psuLemon wrote: »
    How is everyone doing? So much sick going around hopefully everyone is recovering or staying healthy!

Things are going well over here. I looked at myself in the mirror this morning and thought - wow I look really lean, almost too lean. Which could possibly mean I am not actually maintaining but losing since physique changes do not happen that fast unless I am in a deficit. Uch. Maybe by some chance I am recomping. According to trend weight I am losing again but I am not giving it enough data points because I keep forgetting :s . I also need to pick up a measuring tape and actually take measurements soon to help track progress.

Lift wise- I am definitely getting stronger and pushing myself more. The only lift I am struggling with is my squats (barbell-wise I only do Zercher squats) they just feel so heavy the past two sessions and my right quad is just so tight, so I gotta work on those.

Things are mediocre on the diet side. It seems like every time i hit in the 160's i go back up. Again at 172-173 these past few weeks. I am seeing some recomposition but i would much rather get leaner faster. I am noticing that calorie counting is causing me a bit of craziness and always working to max out my budget.

Workout wise, i am doing very well. Overall increases in volume and loading. Been consistent with my 5 day program, except when i am on travel for work. Unfortunately, i have a lot in March.

Oh ya travelling and keeping on program is definitely tricky. Hopefully it's not too crazy for you in the upcoming months.

What are your plans after you lean down and get to goal? Would you hang out there and maintain for a while or run a bulk?

My goal is to get lean enough for abs (probably low 160s) and then slowly build back up to low or mid 170s. I believe the 160s will be too low for my liking.

From a bulk, i may just try to creep up 1/2-1 lb a month), instead of a traditional bulk. But i haven't developed the full plan. And i have also debated if i want to run a TKD bulk or low carb.