Replies

• m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Beyond awesome!
  • judywhi
    judywhi Posts: 18
    Options
    So inspiring to read thanks so much for sharing, I'm trying to find myself again as well and I can relate to you about the things your missing out on in life because I myself feel the same way.I've got about 100 lbs to lose myself and man is it hard...
  • nettie219
    nettie219 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss I am so happy for you!!! What motivates me is my family and also that I just went through breast cancer scare October 2012 doing better now just hated the 4 treatments of chemo and I had a double mastectomy so it's time for me to get healthy. Next year in August I have my 30th High School reunion so that is my goal on showing up healthy and confident. I am looking forward to shedding these pounds. I want to lose 104 lbs. I have lost 10 lbs. so far and it feels good, but so ready to keep motivated and your story has helped me a lot. Thank you for sharing! Nettie
  • mrdmevans
    mrdmevans Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an amazing transformation.
    Are you officiating a wedding in that first pic? That is really cool.
    I've found that for me, my food issues aren't just mental and physical, they're spiritual too. Was the same true for you? How has this life change affected your faith?

Thanks! I am officiating a wedding :) I have leaned on my faith to get me through the hard times in this constant struggle. I enjoy knowing that he has my back.

I think the weight loss has helped my spiritual side in the fact that I am able to give back more, which is something I needed and wanted to do.

Good luck to you!
  • Unice95
    Unice95 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and May God continue to bless you!!!
  • Inlove8791
    Options
    That is amazing and congrats with finding what works for you. I am looking to lose roughly around 89 lbs but I am at a lost at where to start. My biggest down fall is soda. I feel like I can't get through the day without one. I also have other issues I am dealing with that I feel like is holding me back from losing the weight. Is there any advice you could give me, that would encourage me to get on board with losing weight?
  • uidb5259
    uidb5259 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Way to go and thank so much for sharing. I need to follow your lead.
  • mrdmevans
    Options
    That is amazing and congrats with finding what works for you. I am looking to lose roughly around 89 lbs but I am at a lost at where to start. My biggest down fall is soda. I feel like I can't get through the day without one. I also have other issues I am dealing with that I feel like is holding me back from losing the weight. Is there any advice you could give me, that would encourage me to get on board with losing weight?

Hello InLove8791, I wish I could give you the one piece of advice that can get you where you want to be. I know how hard it can be to get to a place where losing weight even seems possible. Not to mention figuring out that I didn't really need food to make me feel joyful.

I found motivation in what some may find shallow. However, for me it was a turning point. I remember one day looking at my son playing with his friends and I thought to myself "I wonder if he has to defend me with his friends." That one question gave me that first big motivation I needed. I realized that I didn't want to be an embarrassment to my son, I wanted to be his hero.

Through out this journey that has been a key motivator, but I have also had to come up with others too. Such as making it a goal to ride on the Vortex at Kings Island, or to be able to play basketball with my son. With each new motivator I found renewed strength and validation that food wasn't my joy, being able to live was.

Now that doesn't mean I don't find time to still enjoy food. It just means I had to find different ways to prepare it, and start being a little more adventurous in what I was willing to eat.

As far as the Soda, I still drink it but I only drink diet and I am going to start limiting that soon as well.

You can make the choice to live a healthy life, but you need to be able to truly identify why you want too. Sometimes that might mean asking yourself is this soda going to help me achieve "Insert Goal"?

Good luck!
  • weosys
    weosys Posts: 4
    Options
    bump
  • mrdmevans
    Options
    Congratulations and May God continue to bless you!!!

Thank you and same to you :)
  • Losinitslowly
    Options
    How much do you exercise?
  • dogpeeps
    dogpeeps Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    TY so much for sharing your story. Congrats and well done ... you look AMAZING!! You have given me motivation to dig deep and to find my momentum again. :)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Congrats to you!
  • mrdmevans
    Options
    How much do you exercise?

I go to the gym 3-4 days a week for 1 1/2 hours.

I am also currently working on a push up challenge as well
  • parallelfifths
    parallelfifths Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just INCREDIBLE! Such an awesome success story! I bet your family is THRILLED that you feel like yourself now. So happy for you!
  • Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, just amazing.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    What a great story! May our Lord continue to bless you abundantly.

ETA: My motivation was being sick and tired of being sick and tired. When my doc wanted to put me on yet another blood pressure pill (and I was already on two that made me feel sick and tired) I decided I had had enough and set out to get healthier. I am no longer "borderline" diabetic and am off of all of the b.p. medication and you can see from my ticker how much weight I've lost. AND I feel great.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Wow thats awesome so insperational
  • mrdmevans
    Options
    What a great story! May our Lord continue to bless you abundantly.

ETA: My motivation was being sick and tired of being sick and tired. When my doc wanted to put me on yet another blood pressure pill (and I was already on two that made me feel sick and tired) I decided I had had enough and set out to get healthier. I am no longer "borderline" diabetic and am off of all of the b.p. medication and you can see from my ticker how much weight I've lost. AND I feel great.

I can completely relate! Good luck to you on this journey!
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    Amazing story. I did the same thing with my diet. I chose smaller portions and didn't restrict anything.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!