Options

Replies

• SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    My May goals:
    1. Continue to practice Mindful Moderation
    2. Stay away from the slippery slope of consecutive drinks and consecutive days drinking, even in moderate amounts, what I’m calling Mindless Moderation.
    3. More total days alcohol free than drinking - that hasn’t happened since February. March and April both had weeks with vacation and work trips that I didn’t adhere to my plan of abstaining during the week and only drinking on weekends.

Good luck to all and welcome to new members!

Mindless moderation!!! That’s me! I don’t struggle with drinking super excessively, I don’t have any problem stopping - it’s the mindless two glasses that I have! Good stuff in your post! I totally agree
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My goal is to be totally dry until May 24 which is the first day after the 30 days of the alcohol experiment. It seems like a long way away but I know it will fly by. Then we will see if I even feel like having a drink. I may not. Thanks Julie for keeping the thread going. I can't believe how the year is cruising by.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Day 1 done......Wednesday though we are taking my employees to celebrate promotions and I am nervous about the optics of not drinking with them

Just be firm with yourself. You'll do fine. You'll feel so good on Thursday morning.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Day 1 done......Wednesday though we are taking my employees to celebrate promotions and I am nervous about the optics of not drinking with them

You could explain ahead of time, then they don't expect you to drink.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm in again, by the way. I'm babysitting this month so my goal is lower. Kind of feels like cheating, cuz there's no choice.
  • tropicalchicy
    tropicalchicy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been cutting back for a while but my issue is drinking excessively/bingeing when I do have a night out.

I am going away for a wedding this weekend and I want to be content with enjoying a glass or 2 of wine and not be tempted to keep up with everyone else.