WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Margaret & Lenora ~ Our first home was cedar and we have been overcome with carpenter bees for years. They always come back. After spraying, DH filled the holes with steel wool. Our renters haven't complained lately.

Carol in GA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Morning all! <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,706 Member
    Options
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Barbie - Thank you so much for your kind words and understanding!

Tanning Salons - I wasn't ever a big user, but before I got married I did hit the tanning bed several times and I did go topless for that :wink: .

Okie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Heather: I've also quit drinking alcohol. I'm feeling better and the weight that was creeping up is coming back off. I think my cognition has also improved. I'm glad that it is working out this way for me, and that I was smart enough to follow your lead. :star: I've become a big fan of sparkling water with a bit of lime juice in it. It is very refreshing and looks festive in a glass. :bigsmile:

Lanette: I need to give you a big thank you for suggesting sublingual Liquid B Complex with B12. I noticed a change for the better with the first dose and it continues to help. My brain is much happier & functioning better. :heart:

Jackie: We have an electronic flying bug zapper that looks like a tennis racket. We use it on yellow jackets. In late summer we have also put out yellow jacket traps in years past. Honeybees and bumblebees are welcome at our house. :flowerforyou:

Our dog has a vet appointment for a checkup today. He is doing well 90% of the time, but yips from pain once in awhile. After all the stress of his slipped disk during the winter, it is important for us to keep him in good health. Unfortunately, I have to miss yoga with my favorite teacher today. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Machka- that video is amazing! I cannot believe that much rain in that amount of time. I'm glad that you made it to the hospital to be with your husband. Happy that you were able to walk with him.

<3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Feeling a little better this morning. Started on some OTC meds until I get in to the doc. I don't remember the last time I had a UTI. Years. I don't know what brought this on. But drinking unsweetened cranberry juice.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • Katla49
    Options
    :star:
  • Katla49
    Options
    B)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    B)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday ladies! <3

I enjoyed hearing all of the "bad neighbor" comments. Mrs. Kravitz and all that, lol. I will say DH and I "peeped" through the blinds when our new neighbors moved in and still do - lots of action over there.

I also prefer to remain covered up in public. I took low-dose tetracycline for year (rosacea) so had to keep out of the sun because of that. I'll wear shorts around our place when it gets hot but always jeans when I head into town. And always a hat when I'm outside. At this latitude I am not sure if we get enough sun to make much difference on the Vitamin D even with legs and arms exposed all day.

Dana, what a sweet thing to do for Rebecca! You gals rock!

Mary - down 70 lbs.... you are awesome!! Do you mind telling your story of what motivated you to get on the path to fitness?

Machka - your DH's journey is so fascinating. Your weather is something else. We had similar in December 2007. Mother nature does what she wants.

Wendy - I just started to read "How Not to Die" by Dr. Greger. WOW. I might have to buy it!

Katla - thanks for mentioning that Shingles shot. I will check into it. Dinner with your old friends sounded fabulous. How great it is to catch up on the news with your favorite people!

It's starting to be a busy here - the guy redoing our deck just left and now waiting on the chimney sweep plus need to plant some tomatoes.

Have a wonderful day!

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3