WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,576 Member
    Dana - I want to be Dolly and live at your house, lol. Sit in the chair on the deck and watch for deer!! Or lay with my head on Daddy's lap. Ah....

Lisa - what a great feeling to get settled in and back into a routine. Bet Corey's new boss is so tickled to have him there!! And house-hunting is always fun!! Good time to start looking, next year will be here before you know it. Yikes!

Kim - sorry you have the crud and hope you are on the mend. The celebration for your god-daughter sounded fantastic, what a nice trip to Boston!! She sounds like a fabulous gal!!

Katla - golly, what rotten luck with your DH's car. I am always inclined to blame Les Schwab for anything whether it's their fault or not, lol.

Penny - Happy Birthday and I want to stop by and sample if there are any left-overs. Cute swimsuit!

Another HOT day (for us) predicted today. Hit 87 yesterday. Still have to get tomatoes planted if DH feels like hauling a couple wheelbarrows of compost to the raised beds.

Have a great week!

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,058 Member
    Jjjj
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,992 Member
    back home from walking the boys and then feeding DFIL who decided to sleep eat today.. then came home and got my laundry out of the dryer and now will take Alfie for another walk, am trying to train him so I dont need to leave wee wee pads down he is 10 months and should be able to hold it.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather & Lisa: Thanks for your sympathy about the car. :ohwell: We plan to have a tow truck haul our car to VW, then wait for them to call us.

Machka: I hope your wishes are honored and your DH is moved to Rehab promptly. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: Our Les Shwab has been a good store. This battery upgrade is out of the usual experience. DH is not confident that the car can be repaired and is thinking of what to buy as a replacement. I am a total cheapskate and would rather not have to buy another car. :grumble:

Barbie: Sorry your pedometer didn't count your steps this morning. :ohwell:

Well see how the car situation goes. DH thinks it is unlikely to be fixable & is already planning what to buy next. He mentioned a Terrain as a possibility. Does anyone have experience with a Terrain?

I'm hoping to go to yoga today.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

May 2018 Resolutions:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on strength and stamina.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day.
    5. Monitor sleep. Average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.
    6. Avoid alcohol.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Happy Monday to All
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Barbie That is so disappointing! Glad you were able to accept and move on! As I sit here idle as my Fitbit charges.
    wqsfy56g4ek1.png

Cheri
    in cloudy and hot and humid Texas
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Penny, the risqué swimsuit is simply adorable. But it makes me wonder what adjectives might be attached to my one piece skintight speedo, let alone a bikini!
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Katla - my husband and I traded in my big Chrysler 300 that we bought for West Texas driving for a GMC Terrain for the cross-country trip. I really like it. It's the right height for me, I don't feel as if I need a step to get into the driver's seat. But, with the seat scooted back, it also provides plenty of leg-room for my six-foot-tall husband. There's lots of room in the back, particularly with the seats down. The 2018 is one of the more expensive of what's called the "compact SUVs," but we bought the 2013 for a good price with the trade-in. It's got a bit over 100,000 miles on it, but my husband said we can easily expect another 100,000 without major issues. He's a mechanic, so I trust him on that!

Lisa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,192 Member
    B)
  • pipcd34
    edited May 2018
    ............... i thought i was flyin on that short run on friday, did 8.17 min. mile, only to find that wasn't my fastest :0( did 8.12 in june or july 2017
  • pipcd34
    it's supposed 2b 80something today, think i'll ride home...
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Machka so happy for you both.Wonderful news that your DH is is doing better & ready for re hab.

Penny,your dinner looks yummy!

Katla......good luck with your car. Hate those problems ...or buying new.
    DH is just the opposite,in his glory taking care of problems.

Have 3 Dr appts this mo,then please....no more this year!

Summer is here,87 today & tomor. AC is humming along.Summer is my least fav season,but not as if I have a choice.

Had our hummingbirds come back this wk.Such fun to watch.

Time to cut veggies for stir fry ......supper today.More chance of having what is planned
    when chopping/dicing is done. Pickled beets & deviled eggs on the side.

DH just installed a plant holder for me.....out of sun,so will be perfect. Going to shop for a flower
    tomor. Too comfy to hit the stores today. Tricia Oh

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,131 Member
    :)Cheri, loved the cartoon about the fitbit. I carry my pedometer in my pocket all the time including the time in the middle of the night when I get up to walk the dogs so they can pee in the backyard. One reason I didn't get a fitbit was that I didn't want to have another thing (besides my blue tooth headphones and my phone) that needed to be plugged in to charge.

:)Heather, <3 extra hugs for you during this trying time for you with real estate.

:) Now, off to pull more weeds and spread more bark.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,597 Member
    That is a beautiful photo Karen. Love the glances and the specs!

I'm feeling a bit more sanguine right now. I've been looking at a sober blog and there's nothing like other people's problems to put your own in perspective. Beautiful sunny evening. Looking forward to zucchini noodles with left over roast chicken, toasted pine nuts, homemade pesto and a few chopped tomatoes. Parmesan. Plus some flat beans on the side. DH is having tagliatelle with his. Trying a new alcohol free wine. It's nice, but I prefer the other one.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »

Felicia – ok, after reading your post I can’t believe I am typing this, but …. I live 45 min from San Francisco and would love to meet you when you are visiting..
    Kim from N. California

Sounds fun, Kim. I will have a couple free days without hubby. It would be fun to meet up! I will keep you posted.

Felicia, way behind in reading this weekend
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    Whew. Caught up. We ran up to my mom's on Saturday on the Olympic peninsula, and her internet and cell phone service is crap, so I couldn't really pull anything up well. It's kind of nice, because it feels like a real break from everything, but it drives my husband and my older boys crazy.

My mom, niece, and I went to a fashion show at the Senior Center. It was an over 21 affair, so I had two small mimosas. The luncheon was really good, our table won the group game and received prizes (earrings for me). The "fashions" were from the second-hand store that the senior center runs to support their center. It was really fun -- no one was taking themselves too seriously, and my niece bought my mom a nice shirt off one of the models. Lol

Hubby and I took a long walk around part of the lake at dusk, assessing camping sites for sale. My mom owns three lots, so we could either buy one of her lots (she has offered to give it to us), or we could purchase a different lot. Unimproved lots are about $8,000. But we looked at an improved camping lot for $57,000. Kind of a lot, but it had two full RV hookups, a large covered deck, and a full-service bath house -- shower and toilet. My husband thinks we could do all of that -- which is what we would want to do -- for less than $57,000, but it is really tempting to have it all done. Other lots are semi-developed -- cleared, with storage shed, and hook ups. So we have a whole range of choices.

Will anything come of our search? Probably not, but it was still really fun to look and ponder the possibilities.

My little guy painted a flower picture for me and my older boys got me flowers. My mom let me dig up some ferns from her yard, and I brought those back home and my oldest helped me plant them under a shade tree in our back yard. They look happy, so far. She also dug up a couple small seedlings for me. I didn't really need/want those, but I took them anyway and planted them. She told me to use them as Christmas trees later. The benefits of having a mother who lives in a forest!

I thought of Barbara and Lanette while I was on the peninsula. The mountains were lovely on our hot drive home Sunday afternoon. The little guy and I went and hung out at the fitness center outdoor pool for an hour late Sunday afternoon. The water hasn't quite warmed up yet, but it was wonderful just relaxing in the sun.

I don't have a UTI. So I don't know what we do now. I am still in pain, so I think something is not right. I'll talk to the doctor later today.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)