WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    B) I’ll post more later. Shots then trip to town today.

RV Rita
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I made gluten free biscuits for DH's birthday breakfast. The flavor was good enough but they had lousy texture that reminded me of hardtack or hockey pucks. :embarassed: I hope next time is better. :ohwell:
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, hope every has a good day!
    Rebecca4vbvtob66vxg.gif
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    They just showed an episode of Unforgotten last night that dealt with three people a woman, man, and immigrant who all suffered abuse. The detective decided not to pursue criminal chargers on the three because all had suffered enough. The woman had been molested by her father. Hard episode to watch, but helps us understand how devastating abuse is.

I agree with the others here Heather I admire how much courage you have for coming forward.

I also agree that if you are going to try to confront an abuser in a non counselling setting to not do it alone. There is a reason not to trust that person.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Katla. I know one secret - avoid drop biscuits; roll the dough & use a round cookie cutter, then place the biscuits with their edges touching. Other people probably know other hints concerning leavening agents & types of flour that enhance success.

<3 Karen in Virginia
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Exercised well today! Pushed myself in the weight room, then walked next to a lady that walks so fast, but I did too! Mostly walked 3.5 but averaged out to 2.9 for the 30 minutes. Did 1.8 miles, and lost 160 calories.

In our haste moving, I paid the Dish people twice, and our Spectrum phone and internet nothing! Oopsy! Got that figured out!

Our bill for gas heating was only $70 and out of fear, we took out $100 this month to help with next month, thinking it was going to be really high. It was a nice surprise!I

Take care all!
    Rebecca
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Made chocolate bran muffins, went out and spread some mulch. We got the other half of the front of the house and then entire side done. Tomorrow (or whenever it doesn’t rain) we’ll do the area between the house and the detached garage. That won’t take much mulch at all. We’re going to have LOTS and LOTS left over. Now heating up what I’m going to take to rummikub.

Katla – happy birthday to your dh. Good for you getting that weight off.

Michele in NC
    Who needs to burl her hair and get ready for Rummikub
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed the video of 'life after death and coming back'.

Really enjoyed the scuba pixs/video - what color are those lace fans under water? I found a piece of one when we were walking on a beach and could not remember.

Honor's Day at school for HS - Middle Granddaughter got 4 'highest grade' awards; so she has decided that 'next year' she can do even better. WOW! She has become our oldest granddaughter - just with a different name. She is outstanding and so beautiful, too.

Just hanging today, other than Honor's Day. I put on 1/2 pound since my last weigh-in; but, I had not been keeping up with what I was eating. Bought some protein shakes at GNC, Buy one, get one for 1/2 price; so I picked out vanilla, strawberry cream, banana cream, and for the life I me cannot think of the other. They had several. Had a milk chocolate which I might try next time. I like milk chocolate; but, not so much dark chocolate in a drink. Protein bars. Bought 2 at GNC to try. Pretty good; but, were about the same price as i had been paying; bigger, and more calories. I've been on a 'lemon' kick and I know I need to stop that. My poor teeth will be 'on edge' for weeks.

Liked the quote about decluttering. I've done a lot; but, not nearly as much has my sister would do if I allowed her to do so. We just don't have the same décor. Mine runs along the lines of 'hunting cabin/early attic/late basement and hers is more pristine. Not that I don't like her house; but, it wouldn't suit Louis' needs and desires. They living room in for company; the kitchen/sunroom/den is for any other time. I love her painted cabinets and I want to have mine painted; but, Louis is so tired of painting by the time he gets home, he certainly does not want it to be something he has to do around here.

Other than that, not much happening around here. Carol, I sleep with a night guard; broke one biting through it, the 2nd one Tami and Mallory's dog came into the room and took it out of the case (broke case and chewed it up). I sanded off the edges; but, it never fit as tight. Had the 3rd one made and the dentist gave me the cast and told me to 'keep up with it' so that if I needed another one, they would not have to redo the casts. No problem.

Three more months and we'll be seeing DYS, DDnL#2, and oldest youngest DGD. We're going to sit down and figure out other times for us to go out there and visit. Will has made it 'crystal clear' that he wants 'nothing' to do with his DSnL, therefore there is no reason to come home and besides Mallory's visitation is so screwy that it would just be better if we come out there.

Chow!
    Lenora
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Karen – my guess about your compost is you are not getting enough browns – browns are paper products, leaves, shredded hay, (think things that crinkle when you squeeze them) an ideal compost is 60% green, 40% brown – but that is crazy! Measuring compost to a specific % means no one will do backyard composting – so take a garbage can with a lid, and put in it your shredded material, your dry leaves, and when you put in your greens just scoop out a sorta similar amount of browns…. And you should be good to go. The combo of greens and browns help the tempurature get high enough to kill weed seeds.

I have an embroidery client who is a district manager of Starbucks, he is a black man and was over today dropping off some aprons to be personalized and we had a super interesting conversation about the incident in Philly with the Starbucks manager calling the police on the black men at Starbucks. The company is doing a huge amount of internal training, coaching, counseling on biases be they color, gender orientation, or even to things like homeless at their stores. It was heart warming to hear of a company that big taking on the issue of bias in such a serious and complete way.

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Kate: That pool looks so inviting.

Heather
    : Add me to the legions here hoping your property sells and all the stars align to make your move to Hove a reality.

Marcelyn: That is an amazing video. Diving in Belize is on my bucket list.

Kim: Your trip to Boston sounds amazing. So thoughtful of you to start printing some of your brother's photos. :'(

Lenora: Decluttering feels great, doesn't it?

Cheri
    : Beautiful blankets, and I love the poem.

DH and I are packing for a short holiday to the Poconos. We leave on Thursday morning, and have a bunch of little details to tie up. Our friends have a lake house which they are tearing down this August to make room for the dream home they will build and live in full time when he retires. My friend is a wonderful cook and loves to party. I am going to be challenged to manage calories and stay AF. They do have 3 large poodles, so may channel Barbie and take frequent and long walks with the dogs. B)

Stay well friends. We can do this.
    Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,793 Member
    Options
    Well 41 percent battery on my phone and our power is out ...who knows when we will get it back on.trudy my friend here and I had a blast tonight invited some of the older ladies in for cocktails in the dark with candles and flashlights,off to bed now.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day
    rode to work after the gym workout today

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.15min, 118mhr, 11.6amph. 1.5mi= 65c
    apple watch- 58c
    MANUAL TREADMILL- 8.43min, 109ahr, 129mhr .5mi= 62c
    apple watch- 76c
    ARM SPIN MACHINE/standup- 15min, 110ahr, 119mhr= 82c
    apple watch- 86c
    ARM SPIN MACHINE- 5min, 35arpm, 32aw, 119mhr, .88mi= 33c