SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- MAY 2018 CHALLENGE

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,922 Member
    Me: 0
    LNS: 2

sigh....I do need this challenge, obviously...
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,103 Member
    ME 2
    LNS 0
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    I'm in for this challenge. I've been struggling with the last 4 lbs for the last 6 months (!!!) and a lot of that struggle relates to late night snacking......
    This month so far:
    Me: 0
    LNS: 2
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,365 Member
    ME: 2
    LNS: 0
  • susiejof
    susiejof Posts: 201 Member
    edited May 2018
    I’m joining up too! I’ve been too lax with the evening snacking, and need to cut those calories out!
    May 3rd

Me: 1
    LNS: 1*
  • mombiejohnston
    mombiejohnston Posts: 121 Member
    Me: 1* - LNS: 1

Oh my gosh that was SO HARD! Man it took all the will power I had last night to not give in... I hope this is the start of something good *fingers crossed*
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    lamlam2013 wrote: »
    Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
    Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
    LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
    Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
    if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

You will notice some people post streaks of how many days they are free of late night snacking. This is definitely not a requirement, but if you want to do it for motivation, it works well.

Welcome!

Damn, you must have overheard my conversation this morning with a coworker! I was just talking (bitching?) about this because last night I was exhausted and binge-ate because unfortunately that's what i do when I'm tired and bored. That's a bad habit I need to break and something I desperately need to work on. It's a problem, and it's why I keep going through this cycle that I need to break. So thanks, I am definitely up for the challenge!
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    Made my late night goal but at like a condemned man today.

Goal: nothing to eat after 8:00 pm on weekdays and 9:00 pm on weekends.

Me: 3
  • Ver000nika
    Ver000nika Posts: 72 Member
    Me 3 :)
    LNS 0
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Got through last night. Felt much better going to bed without secret binging just before
    ME 2*
    LNS 1
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Me: 2*
    LNS: 1
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    May 2

Me: 2
    LNS: 1*

Streak: 0

Stress/relief ate after coming home from the hospital for my dad last night. He had a minor setback but should be good to go again with his post-stroke rehab.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Me: 2
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,919 Member
    Me 2*
    LNS 1
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Just started on the April thread, then realized there was a May thread. So I upped and moved over here.
    LNS:0
  • susiejof
    susiejof Posts: 201 Member
    Me: 2*
  • mombiejohnston
    mombiejohnston Posts: 121 Member
    Me: 2* - LNS: 1

Feeling good with a 2 day streak and a 2 lb. drop in the scale :smile: I’m feeling like maybe I can take control of this...
  • VictorSmashes
    VictorSmashes Posts: 173 Member
    This is really cute! I think this is one I can stick to and add up every few days. Also I think I'll be accurate by saying*:

*Since for me a snack doesn't count if I missed dinner, and the "snack" in question was healthy/nutrient dense.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
  • JenniferWhite3
    JenniferWhite3 Posts: 11 Member
    edited May 2018
    I’m joining late, but my goal is to not eat anything after 7:30, 8:30 on weekends.

Me:1
    LNS:2*

Thanks for this challenge, btw... this is EXACTLY where I need to be accountable