The SWaT Team Challenge - Month 2

Options

Replies

• sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hey Luney, good to see you back!

Queenb - pmjsmom is right! It's not important if you make it all the way to your goal. The important thing is you are moving, improving, and just getting healthy. It is quite an accomplishment for all of us to actually be starting to like working out. I never would have thought that possible a few months ago.

Pmjsmom - Hope you get to start working on that "Shop away the pounds" tomorrow! :laugh:

I did the 1 mile power walk this morning and the 2 mile big burn this afternoon.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    So glad to see people still here:bigsmile:
    I was able to walk 2x today (+ Plum's walks) and have been doing the boosts at the end for the 2 mins each time- just can't seem to get the co-ordination down for the kicks and knee ups.. guess I'll stay away from zumba:laugh:
    I'm off work tomorrow, so I should be able to get in 3 walks (2 miles each in the AC!)
    happy walking -go legs (take me to bed)!!!:yawn:
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    ah poop! bum ticker!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Managed to get 4 miles in by breaking it into 2, 2 mile walks. I am still hobbling along slowly. See the doc in the morning and find out if he has any suggestions. Just a few short weeks ago I was bragging about how I felt I could walk forever if I had too, and now the pain makes every step miserable. Hopefully it will get better soon. 3 more weeks before I can ride my bike, maybe that will be easier on the knees.
  • sandara
    Options
    So glad to see people still here:bigsmile:
    I was able to walk 2x today (+ Plum's walks) and have been doing the boosts at the end for the 2 mins each time- just can't seem to get the co-ordination down for the kicks and knee ups.. guess I'll stay away from zumba:laugh:
    I'm off work tomorrow, so I should be able to get in 3 walks (2 miles each in the AC!)
    happy walking -go legs (take me to bed)!!!:yawn:

Plum, I have trouble with the kicks and knee lifts during the boosts too. I think a big part of the problem is that my floor where I have to exercise is carpeted. Makes it a little harder to get that lift off going! I've been wanting to try zumba too but can't find a beginner class that works with my schedule. My friend knows somebody that is in a zumba class for seniors but they won't let us join! :sad: I told her to tell them I'd quit dying my hair but that didn't work either.
  • butterfly08uk
    Options
    looks like I might not make the 100 :(
  • sandara
    Options
    looks like I might not make the 100 :(

Don't worry about what you might not do, look at what you have already done. 61 miles in 17 days is nothing to be ashamed of! It's excellent! Do you know that's an average of 3 1/2 miles per day! YAY!

also, didn't our last months challenge end on the 13th? I notice your ticker says to Aug 4th. Shouldn't there be another week on there?
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    well, I intended to do more today, but I think I strained a tendon doin' kicks!:noway:
    anywho three miles for today, still ahead of my goal!:tongue:
    so happy walking everyone:flowerforyou:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I was sure I had posted today! Did the 4 mile Walk Off Weight video, lots of cleaning (we're getting ready to fix up a room for the baby), and then babysat which included lots of walking when Isaac decided he only wanted mommy! My dd is nursing but plans on going back to work so we are getting him used to taking a bottle sometimes.
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Got lost on the trail with my husband!!!!! He has absolutely no sense of direction and we ended walking 7.1 miles for a total of 2 hours and 22 minutes. But it was fun!!!!
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    Well thought I'd take it easy today- total of 3 miles, resting the ankle...
    tomorrow is a bright new shiney day!:bigsmile:
    hope all are having a great week-end:drinker:
    my best to all the fellow walkers-Eagle
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Did the 5 Mile Advanced Walk this morning, then went out with dd and the baby for a few hours. Lots of walking but stop and go--shopping, you know! Picked up lots of fruit and vegetables.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I start PT for my knees tomorrow, hopefully they will be able to right me soon. In the meantime I walked 2 miles by the river wearing good walking shoes, and 1 mile in walking in the pool. Today i plan to try Leslie's again.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    I start PT for my knees tomorrow, hopefully they will be able to right me soon. In the meantime I walked 2 miles by the river wearing good walking shoes, and 1 mile in walking in the pool. Today i plan to try Leslie's again.
    Just take it easy. If you have to modify or even stop--do it! You don't want to make things worse. Hang in there, okay?
  • sandara
    Options
    QueenB - I think I need to get lost if it would get me that kind of walk in! lol

Mega and Plummy - take care of those legs and ankles. Don't want to see you out of commission long term!

PMJ - your doing great. 85% to your goal. And you had a big goal.

I have been keeping track of my miles since I started in March and I got in 70 miles last month because of the challenge. I haven't got in that many miles since I went back to work. YAY SWaT Team challenge!

I missed 2 days walking but did get in the 5 mile advanced walk this morning.
  • pmjsmom
    Options

PMJ - your doing great. 85% to your goal. And you had a big goal.

You all need to remember that I work part-time and no longer have kids to care for so my time is my own! I do think I'll scale down my goal next time because I need to get some jewelry made for some upcoming craft fairs this fall.

Off to do my walking! See you all later.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Though I am still walking...I have started do the 30 day shred and I have Chalean Extreme coming in the mail. I love walking at night but when it comes to burning cals I am just not just it done with the walking. Having a polar watch has made me want to push myself harder now...I am really wanting to tone my body at this point. I am not going to make my goal...but still hoping to get past the 50 mark to surpass my miles last month.
  • sandara
    Options
    Though I am still walking...I have started do the 30 day shred and I have Chalean Extreme coming in the mail. I love walking at night but when it comes to burning cals I am just not just it done with the walking. Having a polar watch has made me want to push myself harder now...I am really wanting to tone my body at this point. I am not going to make my goal...but still hoping to get past the 50 mark to surpass my miles last month.

I agree with you. I think I'm to the point where I'm gonna hafta do something else to get to my goal. I've got so much flabby skin I don't think I'll ever get rid of it all but I've gotta start working on building a little muscle. Now I just gotta figure out what. :frown:
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    :flowerforyou: 3 miles today!:flowerforyou:
    I think after this round (Aug 10th) I'm gonna try the slim in 6 work out- I've never made it past the first level, but now I've built up some sanama(?) I'll give it a shot... I have the bands, so I'm looking forward to some "weight" training. I think I'll still do some of the fast walks to burn more cals 'tho :wink:
  • sandara
    Options
    :flowerforyou: 3 miles today!:flowerforyou:
    I think after this round (Aug 10th) I'm gonna try the slim in 6 work out- I've never made it past the first level, but now I've built up some sanama(?) I'll give it a shot... I have the bands, so I'm looking forward to some "weight" training. I think I'll still do some of the fast walks to burn more cals 'tho :wink:

Hey Plummy, I've got the Slim in 6 workout too. Maybe I'll join you. I've been thinking of trying something new with some weights too.