Minimalists Unite

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I have a small farm where we try to grow and raise a large portion of what my family eats. We try to live simple so we can travel with our kids and show them all the amazing things around the world. Too many people don't experience anything outside of our own country so they really have no idea how spoiled we really are in America. Even our poor live like kings compared to some of the countries we have been to. Here is a great quote to live by.

" I would rather own a little and see the world, than own the world and see little of it."

That’s awesome. I feel like I’d be a nomad if I didn’t have a family. I’m itching to see everything there is to see.

I know something you should see.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    You know what’s weird? The week before our fire I was visiting my friend to help her mom declutter. She (my friend) teases me about being a minimalist so I sent her a picture of my wardrobe when I got back because I had finally gotten it exactly how I wanted it. I still have the pic.

dpc2soy1p6e1.jpeg

I now have three times as many clothes thanks to friends gifting me things. I have to resist the urge every day to donate a bunch of it.

You need to tone it down a notch.

That plaid thing is a lil too avant-garde.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    So I've spent a lifetime buying stuff I don't need with money I don't have just to impress people I don't even like.... and Now I'm supposed to just give it all away?

I don't think so.

You’re such a pill :lol:
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Remember, if you don't buy useless stuff, the terrorists win.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Unless they put toxic things in that useless stuff
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Unless they put toxic things in that useless stuff

Then it becomes useful.

Well, at least to the terrorists.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    You know what’s weird? The week before our fire I was visiting my friend to help her mom declutter. She (my friend) teases me about being a minimalist so I sent her a picture of my wardrobe when I got back because I had finally gotten it exactly how I wanted it. I still have the pic.

dpc2soy1p6e1.jpeg

I now have three times as many clothes thanks to friends gifting me things. I have to resist the urge every day to donate a bunch of it.

You needed more flannels anyways.

Speaking of, I never received the box of flannels you shipped me

Obviously. You burned your house down so they couldn't be delivered.

Luckily the fire didn’t spread to the mailbox

Where's your dedication? If you're going to do job, do it right.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »

dpc2soy1p6e1.jpeg

You don't have a winter coat? I call shenanigans.

You wouldn't need a winter coat either if you spent most of your time standing next to raging structure fires.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

dpc2soy1p6e1.jpeg

Right? That’s what I told the fire investigator when he asked me if I started it. Seriously dude? If I had done it, a) it would’ve happened ten years ago and b) I wouldn’t have done such a shoddy job
  • Motorsheen
    Options

dpc2soy1p6e1.jpeg

Right? That’s what I told the fire investigator when he asked me if I started it. Seriously dude? If I had done it, a) it would’ve happened ten years ago and b) I wouldn’t have done such a shoddy job

But you actually didn't say "No" , did you?
  • caco_ethes
    Options

dpc2soy1p6e1.jpeg

But you actually didn't say "No" , did you?

Why would you ask me that :grimace:
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I have 2 boxes I keep all my stuff in. Whenever I need something I know it's either in box 1 or box 2.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I have 2 boxes I keep all my stuff in. Whenever I need something I know it's either in box 1 or box 2.

You can’t call your houses boxes
  • cee134
    Options

I actually call my house Shirley.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Shirley? You can’t be serious
  • cee134
    Options

Shirley? You can’t be serious

My house just called and said stop calling it Shirley.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    ...what it means to me is to live below your means. That means that you are saving and investing adequately and you aren’t trying to impress people. You just do what is practical.

This!