Calorie Counter

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What is your "Petty" Reason to Lose Weight?

Replies

• ourbestlifeourbestlife Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member

A rivalry that has been going on for a while. The pettiness... is all exterior (vanity) who looks better.. younger, dresses nicer.. thinner. I got this. Along with the petty..improving my health, strength and stamina is more important.
  • Karen_can_do_thisKaren_can_do_this Member Posts: 1,150 Member Member Posts: 1,150 Member
    I would say it’s for my mental health....I can be like a bit of a pressure cooker..... and training is like my release.... it’s my time away from everyone and everything....

This right here...
  • Venus_1Venus_1 Member Posts: 38 Member Member Posts: 38 Member
  • ixchelkeshetixchelkeshet Member, Premium Posts: 32 Member Member, Premium Posts: 32 Member
    Summer. Beaches. Shorts. Rompers.

Looking fit or ok or great is unacceptable. No wiggle room for mediocrity in the looks department. Hot and ageless are the end goals. An ageless physique to be exact.

Please be kind to yourself. Often, you will be all you've got.
  • Leezy55Leezy55 Member Posts: 252 Member Member Posts: 252 Member
    twinkles4 wrote: »
    I had no petty reasons for starting my lifestyle change. I legit felt sick af, that decision was for me alone. But I developed petty reasons to keep going. Mostly surrounding my MIL and SIL who would make snide comments on my progress.

MIL: "Don't get to happy with yourself, you'll just lose motivation like I did"
    SIL: "a few more pounds and you won't be ugly anymore"

Etc, and so on. I take sooo much joy in the fact that SIL (who was really thin at the time) found all the weight I lost and just traded me her smaller clothes for all my plus size ones lol.

Love it!!

Hahahaha hahaha! You go girl!
  • Leezy55Leezy55 Member Posts: 252 Member Member Posts: 252 Member
    tempe987 wrote: »
    I have lots of reasons for wanting to lose weight... Some of them border on petty, most of those are tied to self-esteem reasons. But the one that I feel the most guilty about is wanting to wear "normal" sized clothing. I've been overweight since I was a kid I never knew what shopping at Abercrombie or Aeropostale was like as a teen or whatever the adult equivalent is now. I shop at one place, I cannot just go somewhere and buy clothes. I cannot get cute souvenir/nerdy/comic shirts. It is so superficial and we're "told" that isn't a good/healthy reason to want to lose weight!

Imo any reason to loose weight that results in good physical, mental and emotional health is good! You are young do it now!
  • jmakleanaddojmakleanaddo Member, Premium Posts: 101 Member Member, Premium Posts: 101 Member
    Divorce revenge lol

The best kind of revenge!