WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    well this morning was lovely, never knew a mani /pedi felt so nice.. Tracy and I are planning on doing it at least once a month... after that came home walked Alfie and then went back to there house and did lots of crafts for the wedding, I have to hand it to her.. we knocked alot of stuff out.... but it has mostly been her and I, Sarah her matron of honor , helped today so thats good.. and she is going back tonight... tomorrow am is gonna be crazy.. getting up at the crack of dawn to go help set up down at the park... and then somehow put fruit salad and tuna mac salad in individual containers...
    Alfie staying over with Tom so I can deal without furry critters...
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,814 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Beth so glad YS can earn some $ this summer, my kid is earning 0$.

I watch the decluttering shows to understand how folks get messy and stay that way until someone comes in and shows them, I forget the. Amenod the show Peter somebody was the host. He really talked people through the reason they felt paralyzed to do anything, and that gets me moving!!

Went to the teacher’s professional day and got a perk—-was asked to conduct a neighboring county’s spring orchestra festival next May—you never know what’s around the corner, showing up is a powerful thing-I was tempted to ditch, now I’m glad I didn’t!!

NYKAREN

I remember that show as well, Peter Walsh I think you mean from Clean Sweep. He dug deep into the reasoning I felt it was better than Hoarders.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I too love the hoarding and weight loss shows. The hoarding shows inspire me to get off my butt and donate stuff. The weight loss shows I usually watch while eating a snack. :blush:

Okie

PS - Congrats NYKaren on your conducting gig for next year's Spring show.

I'm with you and snacking while watching the weight loss shows.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    well this morning was lovely, never knew a mani /pedi felt so nice.. Tracy and I are planning on doing it at least once a month... after that came home walked Alfie and then went back to there house and did lots of crafts for the wedding, I have to hand it to her.. we knocked alot of stuff out.... but it has mostly been her and I, Sarah her matron of honor , helped today so thats good.. and she is going back tonight... tomorrow am is gonna be crazy.. getting up at the crack of dawn to go help set up down at the park... and then somehow put fruit salad and tuna mac salad in individual containers...
    Alfie staying over with Tom so I can deal without furry critters...

Happy wedding tomorrow!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbara We don't have any hot pink or magenta irises. There is one called Ruffles and Flourishes which is stunning that might be the one you saw.

Karen in Virginia
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I will have to admit, when I watch those weight loss shows, I yell at them! As they're talking, and narrating it, they do make a lot of excuses. The last one I watched, the gal had been doing well, but she knew if she didn't get the surgery, then her mom wasn't staying, and she would have to move back to Washington. Hey lady, you are stronger than you realize! You don't need you mom to still be cooking for you! You need to drive! I get mad when they play Mr Now. They don't see the opportunity he is giving them!! Don't say you're following his program then snack, thinking it's no big deal. I can empathize a bit of the turmoil they are feeling. But like Dr. Now says, the weight loss surgery is just a tool to help you make better food choices. I like to see them all succeed! I am proud of them when they do. It also helps reinforce how far I've come. From visiting 3-5 fast food joints and taking it all home to eat, and now, where I know what portions are, and my guilt in eating is behind me. Living an honest life, loving myself and my husband. That's pretty much it.
    Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: I also knit in cooler weather. I've made a baby blanket for each of my grandchildren, and also use cotton yarn to make dishrags for my own use. Some of our dishrags are getting pretty well worn and I need to make some new ones. :smiley:

Lanette: We like things "done and dusted, too." We are hoping the house in Colorado will go quickly and for a good price. Our daughter wants to use her proceeds from the sale to buy a place near where she works in Illinois. We are keeping our fingers crossed that all goes well and turns out positive in the end. On another subject, the new to us RV is in the shop getting a thorough going over. There was a problem with suspension on the driver's side front wheel. We knew about this when we made our offer. :flowerforyou:

(((Michele))) I hope you're already on your way by the time you read this post. I don't like waiting around, either. :ohwell:

Rita: Your RV is the same brand as ours, and looks very much like it! Ours is a 1998 with very low miles. :smiley:

Rebecca: Thanks for your good wishes for our daughter's house sale. The only sad part about it is that I was able to see Rori a couple of different times while visiting DD in Colorado, and that isn't likely to happen again. :cry:

Snowflake: I love the encouraging comments your DH made to you regarding your driving ability. He's right. You could do it if you wanted. :star:

Becca: I think a lot of what you and your family did in your RV was amazing and adventurous. I don't think I will be going any place that is clothing optional, though. I'm not quite that outgoing. :noway:

Beth near Buffalo: I have seen "My 600 lb Life" a few times, although not recently. The thing that shocked me the most was how young many of them were, and how hopeless they felt. I was impressed by the courage it took for them to try and change. :star:

Vicki GI NE: I hope your friend is well cared for and will keep her in my prayers. :flowerforyou:

Kim: I'm glad you survived the ordeal. You now have a baseline and can monitor your health. :flowerforyou:

I just deleted a rant. I'll be back later.

[b}Katla in beautiful NW Oregon[/b]
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    Ok so taking a quick break...deep breath and then on to sweeping and vacuuming..Tracy ,Taliah,Sarah,Madyson and I all getting dressed here..I will make sure I am put together before they get here....much easier without Alfie here,so glad Tom was nice enough to keep him overnight and for the day tomorrow.It is a load off my mind knowing he is safe and well cared for while I'm not here,and same when he isn't there I do the same for our boys.... well back at it...,I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I look like a bowling ball. Gotta get a handle on things.... wish me luck tomorrow.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.28min, 128mhr, 12.9amph. 1.6mi= 68c
    apple watch- 63c
    MANUAL TREADMILL- walk/jog 10min, 124ahr, 135mhr, .68mi= 93c
    apple watch- 93c
    LATERAL MACHINE- 15min, fat burn program, 128mhr, 60arpm 36aw, 1.92mi= 109c
    apple watch- 115c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn sta- 50.08min, 125ahr, 147mhr, 14.2amph, 11.8mi= 463c
    apple watch- 458c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.29min, 155mhr, 141ahr, 8.37min mi, .5mi= 55c
    apple watch- 51c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 3.42min, 8.09min mi, FAST!!, .154mhr, 4mi= 50c
    apple watch- 55c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.52min, 9.1amph, 128ahr, 154mhr, 2.5mi= 183c
    apple watch- 142c

total cal 1021
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
    I too love the hoarding and weight loss shows. The hoarding shows inspire me to get off my butt and donate stuff. The weight loss shows I usually watch while eating a snack. :blush:

Okie

Tracey in Edmonton

sounds like I need to strap the boot on
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,433 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

Okie

Tracey in Edmonton

sounds like I need to strap the boot on

LOL...yikes!i :p
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Katla: I had the same thought when you shared that DD was selling the Colorado house. Hmmm, we'll have to find another way and place to meet up again. :) Please give your DH my greetings from the Rockies. Very excited to see you two planning to hit the road in your new RV.

Kim: Glad the procedure is behind you, and you are back to feeling more like yourself.

Lenora: Hope yours went well, too.

Allie and Janetr: Big cyber hugs to you and your families enjoying weddings. Will be expecting photos.

Rye: I <3 Kid Kirby <3<3<3

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Barbie: The RV you & Jake traveled in looks similar in size and shape to ours, but the big trailer seemed very large to me. I was impressed that it had two doors. So far we aren't planning to tow a car. Neither of our cars can be towed unless we put them on a flat trailer behind the RV. We may get to the point where we have the confidence to try it--some day. :huh: Your trailer looks like it was very long. I've seldom seen one with a front and back door. I know you had some great adventures together and hope that we will, too. :smiley:

Rori: DH said "hi" back to you. I hope we find a place to meet up again, too. :flowerforyou:

We had a nice chat on Skype with our son this evening. We're thinking up ways to get together for a few days and talked about the possibility of a trip to Crater Lake after school starts when the crowds are smaller. It is a nice idea, and I hope we can make it happen. We'll see as time goes along.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    Katla - I am so happy to see you excited about your RV. I hope you will be very pleased with it and enjoy roaming for many years to come. <3

Barbie - That's why I read those books. They are about a lot more than just running. Life lessons a plenty. :Do:)

Rebecca - I agree with you. Having all the pieces of your life in alignment is the key to happiness. No lying to ourselves or others. Keeping our commitments. Plus a bit of forgiveness for ourselves when we *#&% up. Owning it. You've got it gurl!!!.

Love Heather ☓
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3<3