WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Michele: We only need our valid driver's licenses to drive this RV. It is not in the same league as a commercial vehicle. It seems big to me, but it isn't THAT big, and nowhere near that heavy. :noway: It sounds like you did a great job keeping Vince from overdoing things while helping Denise patch holes. Good for you! :bigsmile:

I'm currently rewashing a load of towels that didn't get as clean as they should, but I suspect I'll head up to bed before they're ready for the dryer. I can dry them tomorrow.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Katla, you make me miss our RV! She was a beauty!
    flcmoqcyykh2.jpg
    2o6suyta9ivg.jpg
    54psdak3llp2.jpg
    happy traveling in yours!
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Ack! FORGOT to go to the RFPD board meeting last night, sure hope they had a quorum. Tumble did so well at dog group (only growling/barking 3 times) that we went on both pack walks. Guess all that fresh air and activity wiped me out, went to bed/sleep right after dinner and totally spaced on the meeting. So now of course I'm worried about memory issues...

Heather ditto Kim and ? who thought the waterfall was snow... or maybe a glacier. Forgive my dirty mind but Blue Peter doesn't really sound children's show appropriate ;)
    Rebecca Modge Podge, who'd've thunk it? Sounds like a deal... as I am so dreadfully artistically challenged ;} Did you see the letter when it was written or not til? Glad you found comfort in it now.
    Beth "...make sure I give because I want to..." bingo. That and truly not wanting acknowledgement or reciprocation is recipe for peace and joy. Great "deafness has its advantages" attitude!
    Rori your blowing bubbles/Buh-bye fat made me smile. Yesterday at T'ai Chi I blew out some fat with every exhalation :) Couraggia with the photos and give yourself plenty of time.
    Wendy con VERY gratulations on your retirement/liberation!
    Rita love Love LOVE Route 66, both the road and the show. Enjoy!
    Katla we have Route 66 on discs, we dig it out when weary of the pap on TV. The stories are great but the music is AMAZING.
    pip he looks so happy, is that a current pic? Is he all healed already?
    mkculs turkey jerky helps me fill the protein gap some days. Gonna try tofu someday, honest! ;)
    Lisa "massive urge to smack him" count me in. My waist measurement hasn't budged in months, but after just a few days of bicycling Joe needs a belt to keep his pants on. Men!
    Karen in VA so glad your parther helped out with the daylily bed. Shared accomplishments are the best!

Today after morning routine :) will take Tumble to the pet food store to practice good behaviors. Wish us luck!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 11/13, meditate 11/13, walk one more step 11/13, knee exercises 11/13, 6/8 times walk Tumble, times SWSY 0/4, hang up or purge art 0.

No Barbara, my sister didn't find the letter until 2014, the letter written in 1979. My Father had passed in 2006, so some things you are meant to find at a later time.
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hello.
    Reading these posts, you all seem like a family. You all know each other and what is going on in your worlds.
    I have spent the better part of the last 7 years isolating myself as much as possible. Keeping to myself at work, avoiding functions with more than one person at a time and sometimes those too.
    I was never an emotional eater. I would generally NOT eat when I was upset or sad. The last few years, food became my friend. When I caught myself fantasizing about what all I was going to eat when I got home from work the other day, I knew... it was time to do SOMETHING.
    I was whining to a girlfriend who uses this app and "wishing" my weight away while eating cookies and ice cream and swearing "I really don't eat that much"
    She invited me to friend her and try this out, so I thought what the heck.
    I sat down and did a "food list" of typical days for me and found out I was eating between 3-5,000 calories a day in complete denial.
    I just turned 52 yesterday, and I really don't want to still be having this struggle when I turn 53.
    I would love to join this group and find the motivation you all seem to share.

Welcome Sheila!!
    Logging what you eat is quite a reality check huh!? These are a great bunch of ladies. I know I have been chatting on this thread going on at least 3 years. I have found solace here. It's not easy to put yourself out there, to engage in the big bad world. But if not now, then when? Think of us all sitting at a cafe talking. I do.
    Welcome again!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Today is hot and windy and the damn awnings pulled apart again. Maybe the third repair will be the charm! But I have to wait until next week. We had a bad storm Monday night and one came out of the tracks. I’ve done some yard work today, took a nap, and now I have a new book project to start.

Heather: sorry about the house. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. The pic of you at the waterfall is beautiful!

Rebecca: wisdom up the wazoo! I love it but need to figure out how to get it into my head instead! :O Glad you are feeling better! The letter from your dad is so sweet!

Katla: that is the problem with this whole situation. The families suffer almost as much as the offender does. Thanks for your support! I’m amazed you can drive that RV!

Dr.Katie: I’m sorry about your ankle. I bet those directions do make you feel old!

RVRita: enjoy your travels!

Karen in VA: do you know anything about Siberian Iris? Mine didn’t bloom much this year, and usually they are prolific. Any ideas?

Sam: welcome aboard!

NYKaren: sorry about your loss (((hugs)))

Matchka: what a nice gift!

Wendy: congratulations on your retirement!

Pip: I missed it…what was the medal for?

Felicia: you are right about hormonal girls! How old is your middle son? That’s tough for many people.

KJ: gorgeous picture!

smmmcgill7705: welcome to our group! What shall we call you?

Well, time to get back to work! That book won’t get done on it’s own…wonder why not. Take care, Meg from windy Omaha where the College World Series begins tomorrow!

Meg, you may call your ears wazoozies!

Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    well going to take Alfie out for a walk.. but I can barely move.. we were all over the place today. I am exhausted.. I will pick the girls up tomorrow for mani/pedi.... and then it is to there house for finishing crafts and cutting u0p veggies and fruits..

Allie, I'm thinking you need to find a hot tub STAT!
    Rebecca
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Sheila! You will find that the awareness you acquire through logging is life changing. Sometimes it will be all you need to say no.

Michele, no osteoporosis. I had a bone density test last year that showed I was good in that regard, so hopefully this will heal quickly.

Beth, I actually had a crying fit meltdown over the mammogram bill. I’d much rather be spending my money on more home improvements. I’m going to work on the budget tomorrow. Hopefully, no stress eating will be involved.

Wendy, congrats on the retirement. I love it. You will, too.

Annual conference is over. I’m feeling more optimistic about my denomination.

Rebecca, regarding nobody liking your FB pic. Did you check your privacy settings? That happened to me one time, and I had set my settings to “only me.” Nobody could see it, bless my heart, and my feelings were all hurt for nothing. I do that sometime, when I want to save a recipe or something similar to my timeline and don’t want to clog my friends’ feeds with it. FB saves the setting until you change it back.

Someone asked about surgery on my ankle. There was/is no surgery. Just a boot to wear 24-7 to keep it immobilized. No weight bearing for 3 weeks.

Thanks to all who wished me well. I covet your thoughts and prayers.

K

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Did Paul Katemi’s 4x4x2 DVD. I really liked this one, lots of different exercises. Since we’ll be leaving for Denise’s tomorrow (I’d like to get going early), the plan is to do Kelly Coffee Meyers 30 minutes to fitness DVD.

Denise called this morning while I was exercising. Vince was still sleeping. Anyway, she wants me to bring up my two insulated bags.

Katla – I hope Denise is happy, I just don’t know. They’re moving in with Pete’s mother “so they can save money for a house”. This should be interesting, the parents have a small dog, Denise and Pete have a pitbull (so you know that it’s not small) plus a cat. So 4 adults, 3 pets in what I suspect isn’t a real large house. Well, Denise called to say that sometimes their dog and her cat don’t get along and if it doesn’t work out, would we temporarily take her cat? Not to mention that the parents probably have 2 cars, Denise and Pete each have a car, plus Denise just got a new car so they still have her old one. Well….not my circus, not my monkey On another topic, Jess was accepted into vet school. She’ll be in St. Kitts for 2 years after which she comes back to the states for her residency, which I think is about a year. Right now her cat is with her present bf but she has asked us if he moves in with friends (who have 2 or 3 cats), would we take her cat temporarily? It’s a good thing we have a large home….lol I’m sorry you had to miss yoga. Can you do some DVD’s at home when you can’t get to class? I hope you feel better fast

Janetr – have a great time with your daughters and grandchildren

Rye – he just wants to be sure you do cat/cow correctly, that’s all

Barbara – what is RFPD?

Wendy – congrats on your retirement. It’s finally here!

Exercised, the gal who is going to watch the cats while we’re gone came to meet the cats, went in the pool, then bought gas for Vince’s car, went to PetSmart (why Vince waited until now to get the Fancy Feast is beyond me), the bank, had dinner, loaded the car mostly.

Sheila – welcome. Happy belated birthday. Keep coming in here for more and more motivation and ideas

Michele in NC
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Thursday is my day for two line dance events. At 8:30 my class starts with 30 minutes of open dancing of advanced dances followed by the regular two hour intermediate class. Jake fixes lunch so I can come home, eat, take a quick nap and walk the dogs. Then I go to the two hour practice for the performance we'll do at the fair. I don't know a lot of those dances yet so it is a brain exercise as well as a physical one. This will happen every Thursday until our performance in the middle of August.

:)Sheila, welcome. If you keep coming back and join in the conversation, you'll feel like part of the family very soon. That's what we all did.

:) About retirement--when I retired I had some ideas of what I wanted to do. I had no idea how many new things would open up for me and how wonderful my life would become--far beyond my wildest dreams.

:) About RV's. We traveled in an RV in the summer for about five years. We went to rallies with an RV club and on long adventures on our own. It allowed us to go to my 45th college reunion in Minnesota, visit Jake's mom in Ohio every year, visit my cousin in NY, visit Jake's kids and grandkids in California, and see some amazing scenery. We made a joint decision to sell the RV and now are living a new chapter of our lives closer to home.

<3Meg, You are doing an amazing job of dealing with the difficult time in your life.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

Barbie, you have a nice ebb and flow to your life. Like us, we did things for awhile, then moved on. Change can be an exciting positive in your life.
    I admire your tenacity and positive spirit in your line dancing. As a funny point of reference, the last time I line danced was in 2011, and I was at the clothing optional resort attending a dance. No hats, no boots but flipflops....funny mental picture that I packed away in my memory!
    Love Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Welcome, Sheila! You will find that the awareness you acquire through logging is life changing. Sometimes it will be all you need to say no.

Michele, no osteoporosis. I had a bone density test last year that showed I was good in that regard, so hopefully this will heal quickly.

Beth, I actually had a crying fit meltdown over the mammogram bill. I’d much rather be spending my money on more home improvements. I’m going to work on the budget tomorrow. Hopefully, no stress eating will be involved.

Wendy, congrats on the retirement. I love it. You will, too.

Annual conference is over. I’m feeling more optimistic about my denomination.

Rebecca, regarding nobody liking your FB pic. Did you check your privacy settings? That happened to me one time, and I had set my settings to “only me.” Nobody could see it, bless my heart, and my feelings were all hurt for nothing. I do that sometime, when I want to save a recipe or something similar to my timeline and don’t want to clog my friends’ feeds with it. FB saves the setting until you change it back.

Someone asked about surgery on my ankle. There was/is no surgery. Just a boot to wear 24-7 to keep it immobilized. No weight bearing for 3 weeks.

Thanks to all who wished me well. I covet your thoughts and prayers.

K

No, no problem with my Facebook pic, it was that I posted my painted rocks on a group page I am in called Whidbey island Rockers. No one clicked liked it or said cute, no nothing. Most are rocks with elaborate pictures, so normal chicken scrawlers aren't noticed. My feelings got hurt, so I just deleted. I liked them and that's all that counts! Haahaa!
    Rebecca
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Meg -- my sons are 22, 17, and 11. It's a wonder that they get along at all, but they do pretty well, especially the 22 and 11 year old. When my middle son was 14, he declared his sexual orientation to me and my oldest. We convinced him not to tell anyone else at that time, since he wasn't actually interested in anyone yet. My argument went something like, junior high girls are dumb. I know, because I was one. Just because you aren't interested in them may not mean anything.

Fast forward to this year, and he is coming out. His boyfriend, however, is a trans guy, identified as a girl at birth. So, pretty complicated. They are super cute together, though.

Maybe more than you wanted to know.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    REBECCA love the image of line dancing in just flip flops, can't imagine dancing with the "girls" bouncing around.

Didn't understand at first the naughty references to BLUE PETER, duh never thought of it that way LOL it used to be most popular show on kids tv.

Haven't been too good this week re food but still love my workouts just as well I suppose.

DH has been busy in the garden tying up his tomato plants, which he grows from seed, thought the winds yesterday (storm Hector) would have blown them down but not too bad. Most of our pansies have died, don't know why as other plants in same bed are fine.

WENDY you will love retirement

DANA that was scary

Kate UK <3
  • exermom
    Options
    Felicia – I have friends who are trans. I have never in my life met such wonderful, very stable people. I’m thinking that they had to go thru psychological testing before becoming trans, but they are such wonderful people! It’s funny in a way. I went to see them a few years ago (one of them is in the Navy). I asked Vince if he wanted to go with me. His answer? “No, that’s just not normal”. Now here I am, the Catholic, and I didn’t have a problem with it. Even the kids found that to be interesting. I guess people have this notion that if you are Catholic, you then have certain beliefs (trans is wrong), but my friends are such a loving couple, it’s just wonderful. Personally, I’d rather see a trans couple who is married for 30 years than a “straight” couple who is married for 3 days.

Took another decongestant and can’t sleep. Thinking about Rummikub Tuesday night and needing to get everything ready and trying to be sure that I’ve packed everything.

Dana – when you were jogging in the water, were you in the deep or shallow end? Honestly, I’ve only done it in the deep end (maybe that’s because the only class I’ve taken is in the deep end.) We had a bad thunderstorm last night. What a light show!

Question for knitters, crocheters or whomever. When you’re making something long (like a blanket, I’m making a scarf right now), what do you use to tie up the part you’ve done (crochet, knit, whatever) so that when you turn the item to work on the next row, it doesn’t become a long thing to turn? I know at one point I’d use those wire ties that you use to tie up tomatoes, just make a LONG one, and roll up the blanket I was working on. Any other ideas of things you use to roll up the part you’ve worked on?

Decided to color my roots last night.

Michele in NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,814 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    Rebecca ~ yes I would love a hot tub.. when i was in Florida there was one, no one I know has one here.. bummer...
    Also toying with the idea of an RV like the one you had , easy enough for me to manage and to be able to go visit family....who knows what the future brings~ I take it a week at a time... can't wait to get through this week lol
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,814 Member
    Options
    when I retire RV, , not now to much on my plate...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,726 Member
    Options
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning, a learning morning for me. Teachers conference all day. Lots of sitting but I plan on walking during breaks and the. afterwards hit the gym.

I am feeling excited about the 2 new teachers we have hired, add their ages together and I’m still older than the two of them :# but I can tell they are going to bring vitality and skill to the kids in our program so hooray for that.
    Still down another pound so the goal is to make it to maintenance this summer and stay put! o:)

Beautiful spring day in NY, sky is perfect, humidity is low, just a stunner.

NYKAREN
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Lenora may you heal quickly.
  • exermom
    Options
    Did Kelly Coffee Meyers 30 Minutes to Fitness DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do the Walk You Belly Flat DVD.

Not sure when we'll be leaving for PA.

Michele in NC