WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rita: I am curious about the reservation system that you are using. Is there a book that we should be buying so that we have a current list of RV campgrounds? :huh:

Barbie: I am delighted to hear that Jake walked a trail in the Olympic National Park with you. It is wonderful that his health is improving after the struggles and surgeries in the past. Congratulations to you both. :heart:

This has been a good day, starting with a yoga class led by one of my favorite instructors, then making good progress toward getting the RV ready to go, and a pleasant evening at home now. Color me happy.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Katla we try to stay at State parks so go to their websites to make reservations. I also use reserveamerica.com online. I have their app on my phone, GoodSams app, RvParky, and I have a book with all the state parks in the US. If you prefer books, Good Sam’s has a book with all their parks, and others listed. You can get the books from Amazon. I also have an map-book that I use sometimes to plan our next route and some campgrounds are listed in there along the route. But my favorite is Reserve America.

Thanks for all the comments on the bird rescue. I feel good about trying even though the bird didn’t make it.

RV Rita at Grants New Mexico for now.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    Mary in Minnesota I will be in Homolovi State Park near Winslow Arizona starting on the 27th for two weeks.

RV Rita
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    So did a new maneuver for my vertigo I had not tried before, last night. What a terrible, nauseating experience, but doctor said that that is sadly encouraging. Shows that movement is going on. Today did my 1 of 3 times doing this maneuver, and it wasn't as bad.

Using my inhaler and the added breathing thingy, is helping! I think my vertigo is what has made me feel so achy this past month. I had tried many other maneuvers and this one has helped the most. Fingers crossed!

Hugs Lisa! Your past comments rang true with me about new places! I have yet to venture out of my bubble. Mostly health related, but realizing it takes awhile for a house to become a home. Just moving stuff in, doesn't cut it. Its practically going thru a mourning time with the old place, the comfortable secure feeling, to the new, the unfamiliar. I am giving myself time.
    Rebecca
  • 5lambert
    5lambert Posts: 19 Member
    Hi all (most likely again) as I've been here- and all WW online places- many times. I am currently thinking of tracking here again for the extra information instead of my itrackbites app, which is simple. Apparently for me it's more than calories in calories out now. I am also retiring next year Wendy- the end of next school year :) Kind of happy about it, but also worried I won't like it.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Hugs Lisa! Your past comments rang true with me about new places! I have yet to venture out of my bubble. Mostly health related, but realizing it takes awhile for a house to become a home. Just moving stuff in, doesn't cut it. Its practically going thru a mourning time with the old place, the comfortable secure feeling, to the new, the unfamiliar. I am giving myself time.
    Rebecca

Hugs back, my dear, I can deal with never-ending pain SO much better than dizziness or vertigo. Not sure I remember what I said about new places, but glad it was helpful. As a military wife, you know that we, well really, all of us on this site to be honest, are "home makers" in the very deepest sense of that word. I'm pretty sure my husband could live in a cardboard box fairly happily as long as there was a TV in there and a bathroom available. :smiley:

I, on the other hand have a few things that, until I do them, it's not home to me. All my place magnets have to go up on the fridge (there are a LOT of them, but because they're all flat, they pack in a very small box). The sign that says, "With you, I'm home," has to go somewhere I can see it. The rest varies from place to place, house to house, state to state, country to country.

So, when you feel up to it, whatever those are for you, do those things... and you'll finally be home. You need that--it's possible we all do, even if that home's on wheels.

Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Katla "Janet: Thanks for the tip on RV Parky. DH is using it right this minute on his ipad and says it is a good app, and is raving about how much he likes it. I have added it to my phone as well. "

You are so welcome, I'm glad yo husband is liking it. Our next door neighbor turned us on to it and they travel several months each year. It's so complete and very user friendly. When you click on a RV Park to check it out, a little phone icon is there with the information, all you have to do is click on that icon and it dials that RV Park, of course you have to be on your cell phone, not ipad or tablet.

Janetr OKC
  • coastalgosgal
    edited June 2018
    Rebecca

Hugs back, my dear, I can deal with never-ending pain SO much better than dizziness or vertigo. Not sure I remember what I said about new places, but glad it was helpful. As a military wife, you know that we, well really, all of us on this site to be honest, are "home makers" in the very deepest sense of that word. I'm pretty sure my husband could live in a cardboard box fairly happily as long as there was a TV in there and a bathroom available. :smiley:

I, on the other hand have a few things that, until I do them, it's not home to me. All my place magnets have to go up on the fridge (there are a LOT of them, but because they're all flat, they pack in a very small box). The sign that says, "With you, I'm home," has to go somewhere I can see it. The rest varies from place to place, house to house, state to state, country to country.

So, when you feel up to it, whatever those are for you, do those things... and you'll finally be home. You need that--it's possible we all do, even if that home's on wheels.

Love,
    Lisa in AR

Cool magnets! Take a pic of it on your frig. We have the exact same things on our nightstands, our dresser, our computer desk. I mean exactly! That gives me comfort, knowing where stuff is. There are more drawers here, and we will not use them all! We have our Oriental picture writing, for us and our eldest, so its nice seeing that by the front door.
    Love
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Recd a cute birthday card from my niece! Special. I might have to frame this guy too!
    Rebecca
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Hi all,
    Still trying to adjust to 'real' life. ;):*

DH has been valiantly dealing with estate agents, trying to get some sense out of them. I'm keeping out of it as I lose my temper too easily. Our vendors haven't entirely given up, but they are 'discouraged' as they can't find anything.
    Our buyers still seem to be on track.
    We had a look at properties online yesterday, but there is almost nothing in the area we like.
    We are pretty fed up as you can imagine.

DH at cricket again. Normally I like having the house to myself, but right now it gives me too much time to think.

I weighed myself this morning, but I knew it was a mistake as I inadvertantly ate a lot of salt yesterday and hadn't had a BM. :o
    I will weigh again tomorrow and hope my body has settled. I hope I haven't gained too much on the cruise.

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxx

Heather:- the house selling/buying business here in the UK is horrendous, isn't it? I was very fortunate last year when selling mine because my buyer was not in a chain.
    Well done to your dear husband for dealing with the agents, I would be like you and get too annoyed.
    On the plus side, you said that you love your current home so that's nice.
    I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise and I enjoyed keeping up with your posts. I hope you soon get back to normal.
    Best wishes
    Karen UK x
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Kate Oh dear, so sorry about your toe. Sounds as if your house will be spiffy!

Rita Your caring, humane approach toward the injured bird warms my heart. <3

Heather & KateUK I wonder how that house buying system came about? It is fraught with pitfalls.

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    (((Heather))) I am hoping for the best and happiest possible outcome. It looks like you have to put up with some stress along the way and I hope it is the tiniest possible amount of stress. :heart: I'm praying that your sellers find something they love. :flowerforyou:

Carol in GA: I gave DD a slow cooker so that she could set up a stew, soup or other delightful dinner when she left for work and come home to dinner. I may have been the only person who ever used it and stopped buying kitchen stuff for her after that. :noway:

jujubean: Welcome to a great group. :star:

Rita: I sent your comments about RV Parks to DH via email. He said to tell you, "Thanks! It looks like a very useful list." :flowerforyou:

5lambert: I'll wager that you will be very happy with retirement next year. When I retired from teaching I had no desire to substitute or to go back to work. :noway: I had a teaching friend, Betty, who liked to substitute in her own old classroom. She loved it, and enjoyed the students and seeing her teaching friends. She lived close by the school. I had a horrid commute, and didn't want the drive. :noway:

Janetr: I love this quotation, "Your Life Didn't Come With A Remote. You have to get up and change it yourself." Thank you!

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.25min, 130mhr, 12.9amph. 1.5mi= 79c
    apple watch- 62c
    SKI MACHINE- 15min, weight loss program, lvl5, 120mhr, .71mi= 88c
    apple watch- 84c
    HELIX Machine- 12min, 115ahr, 129mhr, 63arpm,lvl1, 1.15mi= 87c
    apple watch- 78c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn sta- 50.52min, 124ahr, 147mhr, 14.4amph, 12.1mi= 455c
    apple watch- 470c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.36min, 149mhr, 135ahr, 9.09min mi, .6mi= 67c
    apple watch- 61c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 4.35min, 8.51min mi, 150mhr, .5mi= 69c
    apple watch- 67c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.45min, 8.3amph, 141mhr, 125ahr, 2.5mi= 172c
    apple watch- 147c

total cal 1017

one more day to go
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)<3:)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    Did Joyce Vidral’s Cougar DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Low Impact Aerobics DVD.

A friend of ours is coming here to drive Jess’ car for an oil change. Neither Vince nor I know how to drive a manual. I’m volunteering at the Green Room (last time this season)

Exercised, volunteered, went to Aldi, and then got dinner ready and in the pool I went. Not for very long, but something is more than nothing.

Evelyn – now I’m doubly glad that I don’t live in PA. I can see what might happen. The father throws them out (he threw Pete out once before), Denise calls us to take them in, we’d feel bad saying “no” but we really don’t want the dog. But there is no way she’s going to ask to live with us in NC. So I guess there’s a blessing to living in NC

Suebdew – have fun at the party

One of the things that I like about Correlleware in addition to the fact that it is light is that you can stack so many more of those dishes than you can of the stoneware dishes. I just wish they’d come in more colors. I don’t know if my dishes are microwave safe or not. Back when I bought them, there weren’t any microwaves!

Rye – I had completely forgotten that I have those amber colored pots, too. Sometimes I’ll even find my pattern at thrift stores!

Jujubean – welcome back and welcome everyone new

Katie ((((HUGS)))

Just finished sewing cups into my chlorine resistant bathingsuit. I tell you, those suits are great. However, over time the chlorine eats away at the lining and it disintegrates. I need to sew in the bra cups. Well, I’d rather have this type of bathing suit, anyway.
    Michele in NC